Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Juryeff

Preston

Recommended Posts

Can’t say it looks exciting on paper but he’s young and some players play better under different managers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Complete opposite to Heath, who looked to be building a team that would shut out the opposition, JF looks like he is wanting to go out and play some attacking and aggressive forward football. 

It will be interesting to see how next season goes but its exciting to see that we don't look to be setting up to just park the bus and take 0-0s all the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is more like it, much easier to spell his name.

I don't know much about him but JF must see something in him.

Welcome to The Shay Jordan and I hope you have a successful time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

went to watch guiseley v gateshead last season (for no other reason but to watch ex shaymen).jordan preston playing for gateshead ex guiseley and i was very impressed with him.played left side took on players  and put good balls in to penalty box. think he should be alright for us.signings so far look good for attacking football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oldshayhead said:

went to watch guiseley v gateshead last season (for no other reason but to watch ex shaymen).jordan preston playing for gateshead ex guiseley and i was very impressed with him.played left side took on players  and put good balls in to penalty box. think he should be alright for us.signings so far look good for attacking football.

It makes me wonder if he's competition for Kossy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

It makes me wonder if he's competition for Kossy?

No because Kosylo should be on the right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading the guiseley forum from a year ago. They were gutted he left them. On gateshead forum they said he was impact player. Get the feeling from reading between the lines that he is skilful and pacy, but doesn’t score enough. Definitely looks from the other signings that we are definitely going to be playing a faster pace this season. I just hope we have enough spine of experience from the likes of Collins, browny and Tomlinson. Just think we need a few more leaders. 

All being well signing exciting skilful players still need the experience and game management skills that Collins brings in droves..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like we've got a fair few attacking options now. Would like a target man to mix it up a bit. MFT or perhaps Blyth having read about him. Think we could do with MacDonald and possibly a left-footed winger too. One thing we certainly need is a number 10 who can play a killer ball if we are going with pacey players like Southwell and Preston up top.

We are looking a bit light in the holding roles and defence though. Think that's where the majority of the remaining signings will be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Reading the guiseley forum from a year ago. They were gutted he left them. On gateshead forum they said he was impact player. Get the feeling from reading between the lines that he is skilful and pacy, but doesn’t score enough. Definitely looks from the other signings that we are definitely going to be playing a faster pace this season. I just hope we have enough spine of experience from the likes of Collins, browny and Tomlinson. Just think we need a few more leaders. 

All being well signing exciting skilful players still need the experience and game management skills that Collins brings in droves..

Looked like he play in behind Gateshead’s front 3 last season. Still going to have to be plenty of options, imagine at least two central midfielders will be coming in to give us something alongside Collins and Hibbs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

It makes me wonder if he's competition for Kossy?

Why, does he have a  man bun :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reading the national league banter page on facebook and every comment I've seen has been negative

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gateshead and fans is a bit of an oxymoron in the same way as Guiseley and fans . If you're going to listen to an opinion, at least make sure it's worth listening to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Gateshead and fans is a bit of an oxymoron in the same way as Guiseley and fans . If you're going to listen to an opinion, at least make sure it's worth listening to

The things and opinions touted about Macca when he signed were quite negative and look how that ended up !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...