Erik Everhard

Squad 2018/19

12 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

I would do anything we can to keep Collins on board. I feel he is crucial to our team. Does he need to be involved in every session? Not in my opinion. Train when you can and see you on match days. 

Like Matt Blackburn

Our two goalkeepers are based close to each other and would make sense if they were able to do some of their sessions in the Salop area rather than be at every full session . No rule says it's a necessity for every player to be at every session, sometimes logistics are more important than putting unnecessary blocks in the ways

• Like 2

I think Fullarton might regret releasing all them players. Whether they were good enough or not it's going to take a lot of gelling when all these new players eventually come in. I hope there is still some sort of team spirit despite currently having only 6 of last seasons squad signed up. Especially considering that two of them are supposedly leaving on top of all the players that have left already. Think it's crucial we get Duckworth and MacDonald signed up. Hanley and MFT possibly too. Don't want to have too many changes

2 hours ago, AJS said:

I think Fullarton might regret releasing all them players. Whether they were good enough or not it's going to take a lot of gelling when all these new players eventually come in. I hope there is still some sort of team spirit despite currently having only 6 of last seasons squad signed up. Especially considering that two of them are supposedly leaving on top of all the players that have left already. Think it's crucial we get Duckworth and MacDonald signed up. Hanley and MFT possibly too. Don't want to have too many changes

The problem is - how many did JF get rid of, and how many chose to go? McManus, Collins, Wilde and Hotte all left for work reasons. Nicholson was never going to play, Denton didn’t suit the style of football and Garner presumably wanted first team football. Wouldn’t have been too many left after that, maybe Oliver and I can’t imagine too many on here wanted him to stay!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, eddies mate said:

10 players now including 2 keepers and 2 more set to leave unless people are spouting bollx again on here.JF got a bloody big job at moment...

Macclesfield had only 4 players 2 weeks before last season started they didn't do too badly, Football fans Christmas day July 1st lets hope we are going to unwrap a few good signings.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ewalsh said:

The problem is - how many did JF get rid of, and how many chose to go? McManus, Collins, Wilde and Hotte all left for work reasons. Nicholson was never going to play, Denton didn’t suit the style of football and Garner presumably wanted first team football. Wouldn’t have been too many left after that, maybe Oliver and I can’t imagine too many on here wanted him to stay!

Moyo? Would have been worth another year IMO if just for back up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, greygoose said:

Moyo? Would have been worth another year IMO if just for back up.

I agree mate. He wouldn't have been on big money either. He can also fill in at centre half if you're really short.

4 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

I agree mate. He wouldn't have been on big money either. He can also fill in at centre half if you're really short.

Iirc Moyo works as an NHS physio so wouldn't be able to commit to full time, if my memory serves me correctly

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StVn1987 said:

Iirc Moyo works as an NHS physio so wouldn't be able to commit to full time, if my memory serves me correctly

I never knew that. Good on the guy.

13 hours ago, StVn1987 said:

He's currently part of the V9 academy so he must have aspirations of FT football otherwise why bother?

1 hour ago, greygoose said:

He's currently part of the V9 academy so he must have aspirations of FT football otherwise why bother?

Ah yes very true. No bloody idea then

Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

Training begins TODAY.......................

Good luck son, hope they don't give you too much running . Look out for Trevs blue plaque on Beacon Hill .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Good luck son, hope they don't give you too much running . Look out for Trevs blue plaque on Beacon Hill .

I´d need more than luck these days:D:D

The departure of Hibbs now leaves us with no full backs or central midfielders. Surely we've got to get a signing tonight

44 minutes ago, Sayitasitis said:

Josh Mac will be a big miss if that’s the case. Let’s hope they don’t release every player that gets injured then - ridiculous!!!!

Fullarton said at the Q and A we have offered him a long-term contract despite the injury

7 hours ago, Sayitasitis said:

Josh Mac will be a big miss if that’s the case. Let’s hope they don’t release every player that gets injured then - ridiculous!!!!

JF intimated that even though he is out if contract the club are going to get him through his operation / rehabilitation and then reassess after that. They did the same with Dale Johnson and to a lesser extent Macca.

1 hour ago, chadders said:

JF intimated that even though he is out if contract the club are going to get him through his operation / rehabilitation and then reassess after that. They did the same with Dale Johnson and to a lesser extent Macca.

A good friend of mine was dumped by a premier league club in Scotland after a hip operation. Left to rehab and recover on his tod which was disgraceful by them . I think this approach is hugely admirable 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Scot said:

A good friend of mine was dumped by a premier league club in Scotland after a hip operation. Left to rehab and recover on his tod which was disgraceful by them . I think this approach is hugely admirable 

Told you Scot, we are a loyal club that's why we will back Jamie..

• Like 3