Jump to content
Erik Everhard

Squad 2018/19

Recommended Posts

GK) Sam Johnson

GK) Shaun Rowley

DF) Matty Brown

DF) Jacob Hanson (Loan)

DF) Ryan Sellers

DF) Josh Staunton

DF) Nialll Maher

DF) Nathan Clarke

DF) Joe Skarz (Loan)

DF) Michael Duckworth

MD) Cameron King

MD) Matty Kosylo

MD) Sammi Odelusi

MD) Jordan Preston 

MD) Josh MacDonald

MD) James Ferry (Loan)

FW) Ben Tomlinson

FW) Dayle Southwell.

FW) Mehki McLeod.

FW) Jonathan Edwards

 

I'll update as and when required. Can anyone think of any others players that are contracted?

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Spiltdown Man said:

I knew we didn't seem to have many players left but didn't realise the cupboard had got so bare!

What has happened to Macdonald and Tomlinson? 

Discussions ongoing with both of them. Same applies to Duckworth, Maher and Thomson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Spiltdown Man said:

I knew we didn't seem to have many players left but didn't realise the cupboard had got so bare!

What has happened to Macdonald and Tomlinson? 

Not re-signed or released yet same with Duckworth and Mahar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AJS said:

That squad update hasn’t revealed anything new! Just a reminder on what we already knew

Almost...It was an update that told us less than we already knew...:lol:...missed off Connor Oliver going.

Basic has gone now too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hxmitch said:

Strange re Mahar, thought he signedtill end of 2018/19 season.

He joined until end of season "with a view to extending". So one assumes we are currently deliberating/negotiating that extension.

Edited by greg45

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The players under contract will be under a part time contract and might not sign a different contract due to work commitments, so at the moment only Matty Brown will have a full time contract,

 

 

Edited by eddie
Wrong spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are most certainly going to be playing fast attacking football this season. Odelusi looks a great signing and always liked Southwell, fast, agile and can finish. 

With the hopeful signing of the Centre forward who can play a couple of positions which should hopefully be announced soon the team is starting to shape up nicely 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Johnson

???-Brown-Maher-???

Odelusi-Hobbs-Collins-Kossy

Southwell-Tomlinson

Approximately what I’d go for at the moment, from the current squad. In need of a LB/RB and 2 players to cover across defence. A couple more players in midfield, depending on is MacDonald is signed on. I also feel we’re a player or 2 short up front, I’d still be happy to have MFT as an option, plus someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, riccardo259 said:

Johnson

???-Brown-Maher-???

Odelusi-Hobbs-Collins-Kossy

Southwell-Tomlinson

Approximately what I’d go for at the moment, from the current squad. In need of a LB/RB and 2 players to cover across defence. A couple more players in midfield, depending on is MacDonald is signed on. I also feel we’re a player or 2 short up front, I’d still be happy to have MFT as an option, plus someone else.

I wonder hope for more to come up top and someone a bit better to partner Collins. I wonder if MFT will sign or this Blyth chap. We need someone with a bit of height too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

I wonder hope for more to come up top and someone a bit better to partner Collins. I wonder if MFT will sign or this Blyth chap. We need someone with a bit of height too.

Kossy and Collins are under part time contracts, so doesn't mean they will sign the new full time contracts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Kossy and Collins are under part time contracts, so doesn't mean they will sign the new full time contracts

They would both be a big miss but Collins especially. We need him next season because there's a lot of inexperienced lads been signed so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, eddie said:

Kossy and Collins are under part time contracts, so doesn't mean they will sign the new full time contracts

They are under contract weather part time or full time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AFC Halifax said:

They are under contract weather part time or full time. 

6 hours ago, AFC Halifax said:

They are under contract weather part time or full time. 

But if they are under a part time contract which states you train 2 evenings a week then change your contract to train 4 mornings a week then it must be a different contract that they will need  or they could leave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eddie said:

But if they are under a part time contract which states you train 2 evenings a week then change your contract to train 4 mornings a week then it must be a different contract that they will need  or they could leave

 Do we know what the contract says? Maybe they 're just contracted to halifax town?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

 Do we know what the contract says? Maybe they 're just contracted to halifax town?

Only the club and player will know what's in the contract but if you was increasing your hour at work then you would want more money ,so a new contract would be needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, eddie said:

Only the club and player will know what's in the contract but if you was increasing your hour at work then you would want more money ,so a new contract would be needed

Maybe in Collins case he may not be increasing his hours? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, eddie said:

Don't see how that can work

I would do anything we can to keep Collins on board. I feel he is crucial to our team. Does he need to be involved in every session? Not in my opinion. Train when you can and see you on match days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...