Make The South Stand Great Again

Coatskir Shed

Seperate thread to Christmas Stock for updates on making banners, ideas and the like about improving the atmosphere and the overall look of the South Stand. Although I'm on holiday I'm making a banner out of a pillowcase. It's only small but it's a start. Does anyone have the equipment or materials to make something bigger? 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've informed the club via twitter of our grand plan at kick off tomorrow night and told them to get their cameraman and photographer on the case. They liked the tweet so I'll take that as a yes from

Take no notice of the grumpy old men! More flags,more drums! Come on Shaymen!

Think it would be a good idea to put the banners and flags that we have in the north to put them on the sides of the south stand which the fans are not allowed to stand in. 

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Coatskir Shed said:

Seperate thread to Christmas Stock for updates on making banners, ideas and the like about improving the atmosphere and the overall look of the South Stand. Although I'm on holiday I'm making a banner out of a pillowcase. It's only small but it's a start. Does anyone have the equipment or materials to make something bigger? 

Cut the pillowcase up and you've either got a long piece of material or a decent square depending on where you cut it.

ive got a big bedsheet that I painted with "WE ARE THE SHAYMEN" but I need to borrow my Mam's old sewing machine to sew up the sides and get some 2m telescopic poles to hold it up which I'll order in the next couple of weeks. 

there are a few good websites online that give advice on stencils, letter spacing etc. not hard to find on google.

i did mine freehand with a soft 8b pencil before painting with kids blue poster paint. If I use blue material and white paint then I'll use white chalk to draw the outlines.

I'm a little bit artistic as a person to start with so I just threw myself into it with enthusiasm and maybe that's the reason I got lucky that it turned out so good!

make sure you use dust sheets and don't ruin your carpet!

7 minutes ago, FCHT123 said:

Think it would be a good idea to put the banners and flags that we have in the north to put them on the sides of the south stand which the fans are not allowed to stand in. 

And introduce a feckin smoking section.

They invite smokers to come and pay to watch Halifax Town and them don't allow them to smoke! Bloody sadists.

These plans sound great, and I'm delighted we're all putting in a concentrated effort to get the atmosphere going, especially given how weak it could be last time we were in the Conference North. I had a flag planned, but Flea already had pretty much the same one being made when I told him about it! But I'll keep brainstorming...

For a ground maybe 15% full on Tuesday night, we made it a much noisier place to be than many stadia where three/four sides are opened.B)

I made the 'Blue White Army' flag about 10 years ago. Went to see one of the fabric shops in the market and bought the fabric, she even sewed it together for me. Then from the remaining fabric I cut out the lettering and attached it used wondaweb that I bought from her too.

That flag along with a load of others was in a bag that a chap used to bring to games but I haven't seen them for years. I don't see him anymore either. Flea do you have any idea who or where he is and if he still has them? If he doesn't want them anymore then im sure he can pass them on to someone. There was an AFC flag in there too I think.

31 minutes ago, Ash said:

I made the 'Blue White Army' flag about 10 years ago. Went to see one of the fabric shops in the market and bought the fabric, she even sewed it together for me. Then from the remaining fabric I cut out the lettering and attached it used wondaweb that I bought from her too.

That flag along with a load of others was in a bag that a chap used to bring to games but I haven't seen them for years. I don't see him anymore either. Flea do you have any idea who or where he is and if he still has them? If he doesn't want them anymore then im sure he can pass them on to someone. There was an AFC flag in there too I think.

think the guy was called Pete? who had the flags? Flea knows who I mean

11 hours ago, Coatskir Shed said:

Art.jpg

13 hours ago, FCHT123 said:

Can someone email the club about this? Really good idea.

perhaps organise a 'bring a flag day' for the south stand ?

ive got a ten foot Halifax flag I dig out maybe once a season, mainly due to the fact I can't be bothered lugging it about everywhere. 

A collective organised effort really could turn the south stand into a great sight. I've noticed some good efforts at Huddersfield and Bradford lately. 

Just now, Curva Sud said:

perhaps organise a 'bring a flag day' for the south stand ?

ive got a ten foot Halifax flag I dig out maybe once a season, mainly due to the fact I can't be bothered lugging it about everywhere. 

A collective organised effort really could turn the south stand into a great sight. I've noticed some good efforts at Huddersfield and Bradford lately. 

The Facebook page 'South Stand Loyal' was set up a few days ago. That'd be a good place to advertise something like that.

I'm going to bring my banner tommorow and tie it to the back of the South stand fence tomorrow. (That's if it doesn't need repairing, I ripped it down at wembley)

1 hour ago, Coatskir Shed said:

Can someone email the club about this? Really good idea.

I've tweeted them about it just now. Also told them to get rid of that same CD they play at halftime and pre-match.

im glad people are up for this idea and we can make it good, a drip drip effect and come October it will be properly bouncing

Peter Higgins - great bloke...I will see him Saturday in the Courtyard..he may need a hand with ALL these flags, he puts them for most games in the North Stand..I have two large flags too, I dont like carrying them to home games, I will ask Peter if he wants them...............

Archived