Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ewalsh

Transfers

I would have only given Hutchison pre-season at best. That pretty much sums it up for me. Never really performed for us. Hopefully we get a decent replacement in.

Liam Hogan joined up with Aspin again at Gateshead. I like the team he's putting together there.

11 minutes ago, G-H said:

Liam Hogan joined up with Aspin again at Gateshead. I like the team he's putting together there.

Me too..

I think they could be an interesting story next season... and kind of hope they are too! 

18 hours ago, AJS said:

I would have only given Hutchison pre-season at best. That pretty much sums it up for me. Never really performed for us. Hopefully we get a decent replacement in.

Shame we lost money and with no real gain... but hey ho... on we go!

6 hours ago, G-H said:

FFS. Aspin doing nicely signing up our ex-players. Should have been so different. Meanwhile, on to Brackley.

31 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

FFS. Aspin doing nicely signing up our ex-players. Should have been so different. Meanwhile, on to Brackley.

Wonder if he'll move for one or two of our current players?

26 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Wonder if he'll move for one or two of our current players?

I doubt it he lost his job because of most of them were hopeless Burrow perhaps? Bolton? 

Bolton and Josh Mac would be the two I'd think he'd want to take. And perhaps Kingsley if circumstances have changed. 

1 hour ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Gateshead throwing some dosh around by the looks of it. 

12 minutes ago, greygoose said:

I doubt it he lost his job because of most of them were hopeless Burrow perhaps? Bolton? 

I thought Bolton. I think he'd like Macca but I think his circumstances would prevent a move to the north east. Burrow possible depending on his options and the way he''s setting up his team next season.

9 hours ago, greygoose said:

He lost his job cause he was hopeless. He signed the players remember. Jeez some people on here still refuse to criticise the man. 

2nd best thing that happened last season was getting rid of that clown. Overgrown bully with no personality or people skills what so ever. 

37 minutes ago, Greggs said:

He lost his job cause he was hopeless. He signed the players remember. Jeez some people on here still refuse to criticise the man. 

2nd best thing that happened last season was getting rid of that clown. Overgrown bully with no personality or people skills what so ever. 

Well why didn't you tell us that before?! 

Like in every other post you've written for instance?

1 hour ago, Greggs said:

Calm down!............. anyway I can think of two better things that happened last season:)

Aspin can't be that bad if Hogan has chosen to link up with him again.

I remember at one point when our defence was useless Aspin commented how Bolton was the only one coming away with any credit, I reckon he'll be in for him this summer. Plus I read an article a couple of weeks back...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gateshead-hunt-striker-neil-aspin-11294780 

1 hour ago, away_day_blues said:

Simon Ainge to Harrogate Town.

Shame he had to leave us. It's no coincidence that since Ainge left our defence has been terrible. Heard he couldn't make training due to work commitments from somewhere and overnight stays were an issue for him. Would have taken him back in a heartbeat this season that's for sure. Imagine if we could have had Bencherif (although I think he'll leave) Brown and Ainge. We would have been rock solid at this level at the back in my opinion 

1 minute ago, AJS said:

Shame he had to leave us. It's no coincidence that since Ainge left our defence has been terrible. Heard he couldn't make training due to work commitments from somewhere and overnight stays were an issue for him. Would have taken him back in a heartbeat this season that's for sure. Imagine if we could have had Bencherif (although I think he'll leave) Brown and Ainge. We would have been rock solid at this level at the back in my opinion 

Flat back 3 of Brown, Ainge and Bench leaving macca to play further up and same with Bolton.... 

Flying full backs.... if only they would all be here. 

18 minutes ago, Davidneilbuckley said:

Flat back 3 of Brown, Ainge and Bench leaving macca to play further up and same with Bolton.... 

Flying full backs.... if only they would all be here. 

I think we have a good chance of keeping Macca. I wouldn't rule out Brown or Roberts either. Don't think we have a good chance of keeping Bencherif and Bolton though. I'm positive they'll be back in the national league next season.

Just now, AJS said:

I think we have a good chance of keeping Macca. I wouldn't rule out Brown or Roberts either. Don't think we have a good chance of keeping Bencherif and Bolton though. I'm positive they'll be back in the national league next season.

Sadly agree. 

Wonder who's negotiating with the players ! Assume that Harvey will be gone next week otherwise the board would have announced his permanent appointment.  Just hope this 3 week hiatus doesn't come back to bite us in the arse 

56 minutes ago, AJS said:

With no pace.

I've just seen a account on twitter called Non-League Rumours @RumoursLeague

I'm not daft enough to believe what I read online and especially twitter, but they had tweeted Jordan Burrow was likely to leave this summer and Bury, Rochdale were likely destinations!

DISCUSS!! Haha

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Hamza maybe but Bolton needs to be thinking higher than national league level. I think he's a cracking player