Reflections

PRS

I have watched Town since the season before the old Third North and Third South divisions split to create Divisions 3 and 4, so a fair old time and in that time I believe we have had four relegations from third to fourth, twice from the fourth to the Conference and our most recent a week today.

Like many of us I watched the Leicester story with delight and today the Premiership trophy presentation will involve a dear old lady a lifelong Leicester fan who in her time has seen them relegated nine times kind of puts my four into perspective.

I look forward to our day at Wembley and to next season and I hope the board will give Jim Harvey the job.

I do believe the board needs our support, constructive criticism is fine , but these guys are not rich men in the Forest Green model of the world so they have to do a Leicester so to speak.

Getting into the Conference, because of the lack of Sky funding is much harder than staying in Division Four with its I believe around £750,000 per annum of funding which would pay the bulk of the wage bill which I am sure it does in the case of teams like Accrington whom I don't believe have a multi millionaire owner.

So let's have some constructive ideas, look forward not backwards, encourage rather tha criticise and maybe we can have a Leicester experience.

2 hours ago, PRS said:

lI have watched Town since the season before the old Third North and Third South divisions split to create Divisions 3 and 4, so a fair old time and in that time I believe we have had four relegations from third to fourth, twice from the fourth to the Conference and our most recent a week today.

Like many of us I watched the Leicester story with delight and today the Premiership trophy presentation will involve a dear old lady a lifelong Leicester fan who in her time has seen them relegated nine times kind of puts my four into perspective.

I look forward to our day at Wembley and to next season and I hope the board will give Jim Harvey the job.

I do believe the board needs our support, constructive criticism is fine , but these guys are not rich men in the Forest Green model of the world so they have to do a Leicester so to speak.

Getting into the Conference, because of the lack of Sky funding is much harder than staying in Division Four with its I believe around £750,000 per annum of funding which would pay the bulk of the wage bill which I am sure it does in the case of teams like Accrington whom I don't believe have a multi millionaire owner.

So let's have some constructive ideas, look forward not backwards, encourage rather tha criticise and maybe we can have a Leicester experience.

Careful that sounds like common sense. I'm not happy we are relegated or the way it happened but this is where we are so we may as well get on with it, if we can introduce a few young prospects in a similar vein to Hibbs & Josh McDonald along with a CF in the Dean style of frontline leadership it might be a decent adventure.

two good posts but must admit when i saw the post title i thought it was about the disco on princess street above mcdonalds -shocking pint but the only place in halifax you could get a beer after half ten on a sunday night

On 5/8/2016 10:20:07, park drive stand said:

two good posts but must admit when i saw the post title i thought it was about the disco on princess street above mcdonalds -shocking pint but the only place in halifax you could get a beer after half ten on a sunday night

Seem to remember a fight always breaking out when they played Chirpa chirpa cheep cheep. Some good and bad times in that place . Think it was called Palin's when I started going

8 minutes ago, Scouse Shayman said:

Seem to remember a fight always breaking out when they played Chirpa chirpa cheep cheep. Some good and bad times in that place . Think it was called Palin's when I started going

Chirpa¨chirpa cheep cheep¨ Gee you must be young Scouse !!!!!!!!:huh::huh:

Archived