Vardy!

PeterPan

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was walking home the other night with a few friends (been studying in Leipzig as of late) and we encountered a group of 4 Bavarian lads, they must have been around 16 years old. We got talking about f

Amazing how he could be the next Sean Tuton 

Posted Images

England qualify as the only team to do a 'perfect 10' with a goal difference of almost 30 and people still not happy because it was an "easy group". Only England fans...

apparently we have lost 1 in the last 38 qualifying matches, and that was a dead match after we had already qualified for South Africa. Means nothing of course unless you can perform in the finals.......

apparently we have lost 1 in the last 38 qualifying matches, and that was a dead match after we had already qualified for South Africa. Means nothing of course unless you can perform in the finals.......

correct, of course you can't slag them off for beating whats in front of them but its nothing to be proud of, achieved nothing so far

Sadly Vardy hasn't done enough on the International stage

50/50 now whether he makes the squad , Vardy is all about pace on the counter , reason he is having a good season at Leicester playing better sides , the games he has played in for England against sides who park the bus ,, I hope Hodgson gives him a chance in the friendlies , you never know who will be fit in the summer but if Hodgson has a fully fit squad to pick from then I have a feeling he might miss out , hope not.

Germany played absolutely shockingly last night and only just squeezed past Georgia to qualify.
Indeed, all that matters is what you do in the finals, but you cannot fault the standards we have shown so far. Switzerland did better than us in the World Cup and we made light work of them home and away. Loads of teams with great talent have slipped up in qualification, so you have to be encouraged by what we've achieved in getting 30 out of 30.
  It'll be between France, Germany, Spain and Italy next year, but it's going to be a great tournament with Wales and Northern Ireland alongside us- and hopefully the Republic too. Anything could happen though, flippin' Greece won it in 2004. 

You only have to look at the Dutch , if Turkey avoid defeat tomorrow then Holland are out , not even a play off place in a format where it is even easier to qualify. The tournament itself is different to usual ones , 6 groups of 4 with top and runners up going into the knockout stage plus 4 best 3rd placed team .It takes away that fear of being drawn in the group of death .

50/50 now whether he makes the squad , Vardy is all about pace on the counter , reason he is having a good season at Leicester playing better sides , the games he has played in for England against sides who park the bus ,, I hope Hodgson gives him a chance in the friendlies , you never know who will be fit in the summer but if Hodgson has a fully fit squad to pick from then I have a feeling he might miss out , hope not.

I think Vardy will do better against sides like Spain, Germany and France than the sides he's faced so far because they will come at us more, giving him more space to run into. He wasn't great last night, but didn't look out of place in the squad. The whole team looked fairly flat to be honest.

I got the impression at times that some of the players were reluctant to give Vardy the ball. He certainly didn't see enough of the ball. Should have fed it to his feet and used his pace to beat his man on that kind of surface. Seems to get on with Kane, were they at Leicester together ?

He wasn't the poorest player on the pitch, that distinction for me goes to Oxy Chambers despite scoring his passing was atrocious  for an international footballer.

I know we are bias, but Vardy would be on that plane to France on pace and guts

Rooney and Sturridge if fit are dead certs, Walcott probably too, think Kane is a one season wonder (very poor record prior to last season), Welbeck shouldn't be near, so last place should go to whoever has best season out of Kane, Ings, Vardy, Berahino, Carroll etc

I got the impression at times that some of the players were reluctant to give Vardy the ball. He certainly didn't see enough of the ball. Should have fed it to his feet and used his pace to beat his man on that kind of surface. Seems to get on with Kane, were they at Leicester together ?

He wasn't the poorest player on the pitch, that distinction for me goes to Oxy Chambers despite scoring his passing was atrocious  for an international footballer.

I know we are bias, but Vardy would be on that plane to France on pace and guts

That's the same impression I got. 

Rooney and Sturridge if fit are dead certs, Walcott probably too, think Kane is a one season wonder (very poor record prior to last season), Welbeck shouldn't be near, so last place should go to whoever has best season out of Kane, Ings, Vardy, Berahino, Carroll etc

Please don't include Andy Carroll in that list ever again. Baffles me why he has ever been considered a 'top' player worthy of selection for anything beyond the local prison team.

Scored a great header against Sweden in 2012 mind ;)

I'm wondering whether Vards just struggles a bit with his attitude when put in a new squad. It took him a season of underperforming at Leicester before he came out of his shell. In the Premier League likewise, it took about 3/4 of last season before he went full speed ahead and helped them avoid relegation with 6 wins in 8.
It's going to be a bit trickier with England because the camp only joins up intermittently. If anyone watched that Rooney documentary last week there's footage of Rooney, Cahill and Walcott sat together looking chummy, watching a youth team match, and in every shot, Vardy is sat down on his own playing with his phone.
 I don't think Vardy's attitude is right with England, but given time as he has proven so far, he will be able to play the nightmare role against any centre back in Europe in 2016. If he gets his attitude sorted , he can still do it on the international stage and could be a great weapon if we choose to play on the break against the better possession-football teams like Italy or Spain.

If his current club form continues he could well end up the top English goalscorer in the premier league, would make it a difficult decision for Hodgson to leave him out of the squad. Roy has some difficult decisions to make , Imo he should be in the squad on merit but it is more likely a seat on the plane will depend on whether Roy has a fully fit squad to pick from , Rooney, Walcott, Sturridge, Sterling , Wellbeck, an injury to any of them could open the door to him .

I get that feeling too. A bit like Crouchy around a decade ago.

Crouch was excellent for England, did exactly what Rooney does in scoring a shed load in qualifying against the minnows and in friendlies, difference is he never got a proper chance on the big stage

Archived