Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luke

Dartford Game Updates

Bit early to make the call Imo , mon ,Tues no rain forecast, pitch must be well and truly knackered after yesterday.

Not bothered who/where we're playing as long as we get a game in. Good decision to make the call early and get the Telford game on. Better than hoping the pitch gets better and then end up not playing at all.

OS has tweeted that they will try again with the replay on Wed night if the game gets cancelled tomorrow. Perhaps they have alredy partially admitted defeat if they are making contingency plans?

OS has tweeted that they will try again with the replay on Wed night if the game gets cancelled tomorrow. Perhaps they have alredy partially admitted defeat if they are making contingency plans?

With the board/aspin regularly saying they want to play Wednesdays I can see tomorrow's game being cancelled anyway

Is there a deadline for getting this game played? If we cannot get it played on a weeknight this week then that screws up Saturday - the date for the potential next round match and Aldershot away...

It's not just our game that is due to be played this week, the Gateshead v Wrexham tie is still to be completed. If both games fall foul to the weather midweek, they will be moved to Saturday, the date of the 1/4 final. The 1/4 final will then take place next Tuesday evening I presume

Thats how i'd see it too. I think the trophy will now take priority as with the cold weather, and the history of Gatesheads and our pitch, we could easily be 2 rounds behind if we weren't careful!

Hopefully they can be completed this Weds/Thurs so the 1/4 final could take place Saturday as planned

Looking at the forecast - below freezing from mid-afternoon every day this week according to BBC - I can't see this being played until Saturday at the earliest and that's probably optimistic