Dartford

warleyshaymen

Not a tough league at all from what I've seen.

Of course its tough, we've been turned over comfortably on our home patch by the likes Alty and Chester who come the end of the season will both be more than happy with a mid table finish. On their day the average sides are more than capable of beating us you can add welling to that list.

It alright saying the leagues average ect... but if that's the case then so are we,

Yet to beat a team away in the top half of the table after 7 attempts until stats like that change its going to be very difficult to repeat last seasons achievement. IMO were doing better than anyone should expect and whilst the play offs ain't far away neither is mid table its a tight league and there's 4/5 teams currently below that really shouldn't be.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course its tough, we've been turned over comfortably on our home patch by the likes Alty and Chester who come the end of the season will both be more than happy with a mid table finish. On their day the average sides are more than capable of beating us you can add welling to that list.

It alright saying the leagues average ect... but if that's the case then so are we,

Yet to beat a team away in the top half of the table after 7 attempts until stats like that change its going to be very difficult to repeat last seasons achievement. IMO were doing better than anyone should expect and whilst the play offs ain't far away neither is mid table its a tight league and there's 4/5 teams currently below that really shouldn't be.

Could not agree more.

Correct.

just watched the highlights - should have been a freekick to Maynard if anything

Bolton was silly, although oddly the referee originally played on.........

What an absolute bell end of a decision. How on earth anything other than a tumble can be seen from that event amazes me.

I've not watched it back yet, but my view and opinion last night on Maynard's sending off was that the free kick should have gone our way. I didn't think it was a booking for either player, never mind a sending off.

Peniket is then elbowed seconds after the game restarts with nothing given.

A shocking couple of mins from the ref. He really did **** up last nights game. Baffling decisions all game.

Again, I've not seen the highlights yet, but I've no complaints on the Bolton sending off. It looked a bad challenge and I can understand why he gave the red - although I think its more a case of a poor challenge rather than one made with intent to hurt.

Having now watched the highlights, I stand by my opinion on the Maynard red - a complete joke and a disgusting decision.

The Bolton tackle, it was bad, but I don't think there was intent. I think if he gets a yellow there we say he has been lucky, if its a red you could say its a little harsh, but you can't have many complaints.

However, the ref was so inconsistent that he allowed several challenges - including the elbow on Peniket - go without even giving free kicks that in the whole scheme of things I can't help but feel we were screwed over with the ref.

He must be gutted that even with all his cheating Dartford could not win.

Having now watched the highlights, I stand by my opinion on the Maynard red - a complete joke and a disgusting decision.

The Bolton tackle, it was bad, but I don't think there was intent. I think if he gets a yellow there we say he has been lucky, if its a red you could say its a little harsh, but you can't have many complaints.

However, the ref was so inconsistent that he allowed several challenges - including the elbow on Peniket - go without even giving free kicks that in the whole scheme of things I can't help but feel we were screwed over with the ref.

He must be gutted that even with all his cheating Dartford could not win.

At least at the end Dartford fan hurled abuse at their team & not ours

Just watched the highlights, Maynard definitely not a red, for me him and the dartford player simply fell over. Bolton's was reckless, warranted at least a yellow and probably the right decision with red although i have seen similar go unpunished. Thought our penalty award was harsh on Dartford but it sounded like the ref wasn't giving us anything up until that point. Peniket looked really dangerous, let's hope he can continue this good form. We definitely need a signing or 2 in before saturday though and hopefully some gems although they are hard to find. Maybe we might announce one at the meeting tonight, highly doubt it though. 

How many more times this season are we going to get screwed or affected by an incompetent referee? Roberts sending off at home to Wrexham, Gateshead away was controversial wasn't it? Last night, and the ref vs FGR was at fault for the brawl and many shocking decisions, not to mention the disallowed goal away at Macc.

Just on that note, any news on the FGR appeal the club made?

Without sounding too much like a Lincoln fan its almost becoming something we are forced to talk about every game.

It seems from the Dartford forum that the player (Noble) who was involved has history at getting players into trouble with officials. It said on the updates that it had been suggested it was an elbow or he kicked out, I can't see evidence of either on the highlights.

Sadly the referee's view is different to that of the camera. It could be an elbow was used that the ref could see but not the camera, well that will be his story anyway.

It's amazing to me how much referees want to see and how much they have seen but pretend they haven't. The farce in most penalty areas when a corner comes in is an example.

Sadly the referee's view is different to that of the camera. It could be an elbow was used that the ref could see but not the camera, well that will be his story anyway.

It's amazing to me how much referees want to see and how much they have seen but pretend they haven't. The farce in most penalty areas when a corner comes in is an example.

They should never send someone off for a straight red unless they are absolutely 100% certain of what they've seen. It's just too big a decision to get wrong.

It feels like too many refs at this level (and others, to be fair), simply like to give out straight reds because they think it makes them more like world cup refs and the like. 

It seems from the Dartford forum that the player (Noble) who was involved has history at getting players into trouble with officials. It said on the updates that it had been suggested it was an elbow or he kicked out, I can't see evidence of either on the highlights.

got his just desserts with the handball for the pen. #karma

If we appeal and it hasnt been decided by Saturday I assume Maynard gets to play? Otherwise unfair to spend 150 minutes suspended for something he didn't do.

Its been said tonight the club are going to look at appealing Maynards red. They are not going to argue the Bolton one.

Its been said tonight the club are going to look at appealing Maynards red. They are not going to argue the Bolton one.

Yes I gathered that, but if we appeal Maynard's and the FA haven't decided by Saturday he should be eligible to play.

Archived