Tickets On Sale For Home Fans

last_chance_saloon

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reserved seats have got to be for a specific area so that area can be reserved - if somebody is reserving seats in block B and somebody block E you would get problems with people having to play musical chairs - if reserved seats are kept in blocks you shouldn't get the problem of non ticket people denying people with tickets the right to get to the game when they can and enjoy the day

Let's see if I get this right then.

• Fans buying tickets in advance will be allocated a specific seat. They will enter the ground through the 'other set of turnstiles' - the ones rarely used and will sit on the left hand side of the East Stand as one looks at it from the pitch.
  • Fans paying on the day will enter through the regular turnstiles will be allowed to sit anywhere in the right hand side of the East Stand as one looks at it from the pitch.

Wish the website would clarify this! So many crap views in the East Stand (directly behind the patio, first few rows, behind the dugouts) that buying an allocated seat ticket could become a lottery. 

Let's see if I get this right then.

• Fans buying tickets in advance will be allocated a specific seat. They will enter the ground through the 'other set of turnstiles' - the ones rarely used and will sit on the left hand side of the East Stand as one looks at it from the pitch.
  • Fans paying on the day will enter through the regular turnstiles will be allowed to sit anywhere in the right hand side of the East Stand as one looks at it from the pitch.

Wish the website would clarify this! So many crap views in the East Stand (directly behind the patio, first few rows, behind the dugouts) that buying an allocated seat ticket could become a lottery. 

Correct.

It is hilaroius though.

I asked at the ticket office today and was told I would be able to pay on Sunday to get into the East Stand and sit anywhere

There you hit the nail on the head. Even to this very moment,depending on who you speak to at the ground or at the club people are being given differing information. That sums up the whole process and it sums up the football club.

No matter what the arrangement, be that ticketed or not, or a mix - you have to decide, get agreement from the powers that be then announce it in a clear and informed way.

All this nonsense was so avoidable and instead of people like R.O.R getting their knickers in a twist with fellow customers they should look at the root cause of the shambles.

Correct.

It is hilaroius though.

And a perfectly sensible way of doing things and exactly the way they do it at the big 30,000 stadiums up and down the land according to a select few!

Its a load of Crap....even sodding Moodyb1 knows it's a load of Crap. Why people just can't tell it straight rather than offer a load of lame excuses and end up blaming the customers for being negative is beyond me.

A disorganised shower of Crap with not a modicum of thought to the customer. End of discussion and end of my comments on this thread.

Bring on the Bantams for a jolly good plucking on television infront of the nation.

Nobody has taken the view that this is the first massive game the club have had to host for going on two decades!

They are inexperienced in this regard and yes have made some errors of judgement, but should we beat Bradford and get anther big game, i know

those responsible including WYP will have learnt from this and next time it will be better.

Nobody has taken the view that this is the first massive game the club have had to host for going on two decades!

They are inexperienced in this regard and yes have made some errors of judgement, but should we beat Bradford and get anther big game, i know

those responsible including WYP will have learnt from this and next time it will be better.

Poor excuse. Still very much a pub team off the field of play. Chances for this board to grasp things and strike when the iron is hot just sail by time and time again. This latest opportunity has been gift wrapped from someone upstairs looking down on us. Noddy and Big Ears could have made better arrangements for this match.

And for the last godforsaken time, the police DID NOT devise this ticketing process.

So why are advance sale tickets issued for a specific seat? Buyers of those tickets finding a "sit anywhere" person already occupying the seat. What do they do? Hit Mr "Sit Anywhere" or find another seat only to be hit by the owner of the ticket for that seat when they arrive?

Sorry didn't explain fully, North end of East stand, ticket payers, South end pay on the day, sit anywhere 

WYP probably had some input in advising the club to make it all ticket for Bradford fans hence once the draw was made it was announced,a few days later home fans can buy a ticket,if WYP thought it should be all ticket for everybody it would have been announced same time as draw was made.

LCS stop trying to shift the blame ,the club have made the decision to sell tickets to home fans.

WYP probably had some input in advising the club to make it all ticket for Bradford fans hence once the draw was made it was announced,a few days later home fans can buy a ticket,if WYP thought it should be all ticket for everybody it would have been announced same time as draw was made.

LCS stop trying to shift the blame ,the club have made the decision to sell tickets to home fans.

Yes you're right, on the advice of WYP.

So WYP told the club to sell tickets to home fans but not to make it all ticket? What benefit is that to anybody?

I'm led to believe that Moody kicking up a fuss about season ticket holders led to tickets going on sale. Even then some season ticket holders are still unhappy at not being able to sit on the same seat they usually sit in lol.  No pleasing some people.

So WYP have said the club should make tickets available for those who want one to guarantee they do not miss out how nice of them , the club made the decision imo to speed up entry , it is live on tv so kick off cannot be delayed like it was for a smaller crowd against Guiseley in the play offs .

The best bit is turnstiles for fans with tickets will have no queues and there will be less turnstiles for those paying , you couldn't make it up.

I have a friend at WYP and he has told me the police advised the whole game to be ALL TICKET, but have not demanded it to be for either side.

They have also advised all local pubs to only open between 12-2 then again after around 3 - but again have not demanded this to be the case.

They have just given input on what they would like and its been left up to both clubs and pubs to make the final call.

LCS, cut the crap, you have continually posted information in this thread as fact that you knowingly know to not be fact.

I have only posted what i believe to be the truth at every stage. I know for a fact that at the initial meeting when the draw was made WYP never said all ticket.

I know there were enough tickets printed to make this an option, hence why you are given one when you pay on the gate, but it wasn't the intention initially.

The club would have loved it to be all ticket, much quicker to get people through the turnstiles, cash in advance of the game, an idea of attendance to sort logistical things out.

Why would the club want to make it difficult for itself and have thousands and thousands of pounds to handle on the day when tickets would have made  it 'cashless'

I have only posted what i believe to be the truth at every stage. I know for a fact that at the initial meeting when the draw was made WYP never said all ticket.

I know there were enough tickets printed to make this an option, hence why you are given one when you pay on the gate, but it wasn't the intention initially.

The club would have loved it to be all ticket, much quicker to get people through the turnstiles, cash in advance of the game, an idea of attendance to sort logistical things out.

Why would the club want to make it difficult for itself and have thousands and thousands of pounds to handle on the day when tickets would have made  it 'cashless'

Lol if the club would have loved all ticket they could have done it.  If WYP didn't specify then that decision would have been solely with the club.

I'm still struggling to see what the problem is here

Away fans all ticket - fine

If they had made the home fans all ticket that may have reduced the attendance, some people just wouldn't have bothered

As a sop to those who wanted, they made tickets available to home fans to guarantee entrance, in the stand of their choice, speed of entry etc etc

But happily, the hoards who might not have bothered if it had been all ticket, can now turn up on the day and still get in, although they may have to queue.

Since our average crowd is 1400 (excluding away), I doubt anybody will have a problem, other than not being able to sit/stand in their normal place (which for a one-off big game is not exactly an issue really is it?

They did specify. The club wanted all ticket.

They probably anticipated the panic caused by people not being in their usual seats and decided against it. lol

So you're saying that WYP originally demanded that the game be pay on the gate for home fans? Do you really believe that because it makes no sense.

Flea has said above that WYP suggested all ticket full stop but didn't demand anything.  That makes sense. 

Archived