Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr Vincent

Fax Crowd Today

914 paid through the gates and nearly 200 dinners, which means the 1300 crowd has been bumped up or perhaps 200 season ticket holders that didn't even turn up.

Coming to summat when you have to fib to record a 1,300 gate.

The Venue, Barkisland could put them into big trouble at the drop of a hat.

Think we should stop picking on a club with no fans, no class, no integrity, no chance of promotion, no money and no manager. A cuckoo of a club living in cloud cuckoo land. #rugbytownmyarse

As ST dont pay through the gate maybe its 914 + 200 dinners + ST holders making up the (i heard) 1400 gate?

Still a poor crowd mind!

What ever happened to the other imaginary fans that are now stay away imaginary fans when they had to fabricate the 2500 gate to tick that box. ?

Didnt they anncounce summat like 4,600? I remember speaking to somebody who was there and he didn't even think 2,000 turned up.

#fibbers

To be fair to them, they clearly have more fans that that, they have in the past, most of them cant afford to spend 6 years paying £18 a week to watch a season of friendlies, so have given up going.

its a joke of a sport with the franchise rubbish there's just no interest there in the games or the season

As ST dont pay through the gate maybe its 914 + 200 dinners + ST holders making up the (i heard) 1400 gate?

Still a poor crowd mind!

Agree poor crowd.

It does appear that Halifax RLFC didnt actually fabricate the gate like the opneing poster said though. It does seem to be a common theme round here..........

Agree poor crowd.

It does appear that Halifax RLFC didnt actually fabricate the gate like the opneing poster said though. It does seem to be a common theme round here..........

Fabricate? lol...............................Thats Mike Steele's middle name!!

Shower of a club. Total shower.

914 paying customers on the day - destination administration!!

They would have been better just competing for years (ie they can't go up so just assemble a decent enough team to finish top half), then when the chance of getting back into super league comes along, spend some cash on the team (oh and pay the rent).

Ourselves and all football league clubs count season ticket holders in actual attendance. So it's the same as rugby.

Thanks for clearing that up. It is nice to see that some people on this forum will say things as it is rather than clouding the facts to suit their story.

Thanks for clearing that up. It is nice to see that some people on this forum will say things as it is rather than clouding the facts to suit their story.

Don't tell us WE cloud the facts after the latest pile of shiite from Steele in the paper.

More hypocrisy. 

Don't tell us WE cloud the facts after the latest pile of shiite from Steele in the paper.

Did I write that piece in the paper? Are they my thoughts?

I just tell it how it is, if you can find a post by me somewhere defending what was written that anyone is fair game to call me a hypocrite.

Obviously I am new on this board but in my time on this board there have been two posts unfairly calling out the rugby club on something that turned out not to be correct. Im going to defend the club when I think its right to defend it, some of the other stuff I think is undefendable hence im not going to try and defend it.

Did I write that piece in the paper? Are they my thoughts?

I just tell it how it is, if you can find a post by me somewhere defending what was written that anyone is fair game to call me a hypocrite.

Obviously I am new on this board but in my time on this board there have been two posts unfairly calling out the rugby club on something that turned out not to be correct. Im going to defend the club when I think its right to defend it, some of the other stuff I think is undefendable hence im not going to try and defend it.

Fair enough. Although you have no doubt noted that other Town fans have also defended the rugby club on these two points.

Tbh, the issue with the website became a non-story almost as soon as it was started, it's just that the discussion has carried on on the same thread.

Fair enough. Although you have no doubt noted that other Town fans have also defended the rugby club on these two points.

Yes it did not go unnoticed. Its always best to try and consider what all the facts are and then form an opinion. I try to do the exact same thing on the rugby forum but it can be frustrating reading both forums when fans from both teams make comments without at least trying to suss things out.