• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Vincent

Mr Vincent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Due to a family matter I am unable to attend this Sundays game.

I have two tickets and two confirmed coach seats. 

I have heard so many stories of long standing fans who cant get a ticket and I would like my tickets to end up in the hands of the right people.

I am not interested in making any money. Face value only.

I really want these tickets to end up with ideally somebody I know and a fan that has 20/30/40yrs + service to his/her name.

So, tell me who you are and why you should have the tickets and by 10pm this evening I shall make somebody's weekend and arrange for the tickets to be collected from me. It would also make my weekend and make up for not being able to go if I can get these tickets in the hands of a die hard Shayperson.

Please dont make any monetary offers via this thread or by PM, not interested. The pair will go for face value. Coach seats are to be paid for on the day, if you don't need the coach seats I will cancel, but ideally id like the seats to be taken so not to mess George about.

Cheers

leepistek2zt0ad.gif

THE BOBBY HAM BEGGAR METER 2014-2015

6 Games - Target 9900

6 Games - Total 10382

Surplus + 482

#2 dj funky

dj funky

Sir Funky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Nice one ,sad you cant make it nice gesture.

#3 shaymandownsouff

shaymandownsouff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

Agreed, well played.

I don't have the history required to apply haha but it will be nice to see some more die hards get tickets

#4 steve lumb

steve lumb

• Moderators
  • 11,524 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

shame you can't make it Mr V - but sure your tickets will go to a good home - Did Tracey luv manage to get any?

We'll cheer on your behalf

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan (March 16, 1927 – March 26, 2003)

#5 Guido

Guido

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

If Tracey contacts you i can confirm that he/she  :) would be a worthy recipient and full fills your criteria 

#6 last_chance_saloon

last_chance_saloon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

I know a regular who can't go. His lad is an ex town player and he is an support of at least 30 years.

#7 Loyal

Loyal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

Me and my lad go to most home and away games he lives in Halifax I live in Cheshire he went down and unfortunatly didnt get tickets if we were the lucky ones then yes you would certainley make our weekend. Thanks,

#8 Crazytrucker

Crazytrucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

Good man, very honourable and I wouldn't dream of applying.

CRAZYTRUCKER

30 years too late mate!

#9 GLPFCHT

GLPFCHT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

Hi,been going down the Shay since 1981(Paul Hendrie-Franny Firth-Steve Ward + all,happy days)we lost 3-1 to lincoln,but as a kid I didn't care,I was hooked,been going ever since,and if I can't get to games(work and money)then I'll watch updates and listen to shaymen player,I live in lincolnshire so don't always find it easy to get there-but me and my son(went to his 1st game aged 11 months-altho he slept thru it lol) would love to go on sunday,but if not i'll be stuck in front of computer cheering the boys on,here's hoping-UP THE SHAYMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP THE FAITH-UP THE SHAYMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 shayalive

shayalive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

Sorry Scott it was me who pm u, it's Harrop and yes I bloody missed out, I was planning on driving as I'm not bothered about drinking as I'd 'like to see the game' I missed out by 6 people I was on the steps when the steward with pink hair had great delight in telling us all the tickets had gone, arreghhhh!!

#11 babygeorge

babygeorge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

I have been watching town for over 30 years and couldn't get a ticket. I would love these tickets with coach travel please. My name is Iain Priestley. By all means ask around I am sure someone will confirm what I have just said.

#12 halifaxmark

halifaxmark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

I know iain and he would be a worthy recipient of the tickets as would shayalive... tough decision for you whoever you choose

#13 Thorpedo

Thorpedo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

Hi
I have replied to you through an -e-mail, but will put it on here if it is easier.

Thanks

#14 Luke

Luke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Think my 2 candidates are pretty deserving too :). I'm sure mr V will make the right decision :)
Supporting The Shaymen is like going out with an ugly bird. Your friends think your mad and deep down you know she's nothing to look at and that there are better looking girls in the area but you know that, however, the good times are the best of times. The sex is often a let down but when its a good shag, you are happy for the rest of the week. You get used to the stange looks you get when you tell people about her, but deep down you know you love her and nothing will replace her ugly face

#15 last_chance_saloon

last_chance_saloon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

One of the people I know set up the save the shaymen foundation at the civic back in the day and has been a lifelong fan. Both his lads played for the club in the 80's and 90's.

#16 noelm1979

noelm1979

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

Ive been going to The Shay for 30 years and so has my wife. :)

#17 Tracey Barlow

Tracey Barlow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Despite my username I am in fact a bloke (I realise this may come as a shock to many) who has been a regular at the Shay and various points North, East, South and West to watch the mighty Shaymen since the late 1970s.

As a student at Newcastle Uni back in the early 80s I set off on one memorable trip to Exeter which seemingly took 4 days and was reminiscent of the John Candy film "Planes, Trains & Automobiles". I have had the pleasure of sharing a beer or 3 with various of the correspondents on this board - Steve Lumb once bought me a pint at Leyton Orient (I think I still owe you Steve!!), Guido at virtually every godforsaken ground we've played at in the last 35 years (inc Roots Hall on a Friday night and the infamous Horse & Jockey trip to Dover via Calais, the list is endless) and Chadders even bought me a pint at Hinkley!

However to cap it all, I have had the dubious pleasure of sleeping on Exeter Station with Ryk (is that how you're spelling it now Ryk) Adams after yet another long haul to Torquay and we'd missed the last train out of Exeter and we had to wait for the Post Train due at 5.30am the next day. Now surely snuggling up to a drunken Ryk Adams on a railway station bench after a dull 0-0 in Torquay draw proves my dedication to the cause!

Joking apart, I would love to be at the game on Sunday with my son or daughter (that will be quite a conundrum if I'm successful) who I have "indoctrinated" with the Shaymen habit since an early age, for the simple reason of wanting to see my team get back to a level of football I feared a few years ago we would never achieve.

I'd just like to add that the Gods were most definitely against me on Thursday. Unfortunately I was on a work course that day which I tried desperately to get out of, my son had a University exam the same day and I thus pursuaded my wife to join the queue at the Shay for tickets which she did at just before 9am and excrutiatingly missed out by a handful of people.

A little lie is like a little pregnancy: it doesn't take long before everyone knows.

#18 Che Bentos

Che Bentos

Hasta La Victoria Siempre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

Ive been going to The Shay for 30 years and so has my wife. :)

Splitter. 

... if you have walked to the ground through the town centre, there's a good chance your shoes have come into contact with vomit, phlegm, dog mess, fag ash, horse muck and urine...

ngdo4p.jpg

#19 Mr Vincent

Mr Vincent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Thanks for all the posts, PM's texts and phonecalls and messages on this...................................unbelievable the amount of people that are so desperate to go. Sad really  :( I could have sold 50 in a couple of hours.

One ticket has gone to Ron Thrower, now in his 80's and a mad Shayman. When you think about the Percy and Eva Charnocks, my grandad Donald and people like John Wood, Ron is cut from the same Shay cloth. Ron will be at Brackley representing the old guard.

The other ticket has gone to Ian Thorpe who's father is also part of the Shay old guard. His father sadly isn't fit enough to travel so far these days but Ian, a fan himself since the 1960's, will be cheering on the Shaymen for the both of them. Mr Thorpe if you can PM me a contact number and I will arrange to meet you tomorrow.

Hope those still trying to get tickets manage and more importantly come 4:50pm I hope to be listening to that travelling army over the airwaves declaring our promotion.

COME ON SHAYMEN

leepistek2zt0ad.gif

THE BOBBY HAM BEGGAR METER 2014-2015

6 Games - Target 9900

6 Games - Total 10382

Surplus + 482

#20 vinnyweknuts

vinnyweknuts

Frickin Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for all the posts, PM's texts and phonecalls and messages on this...................................unbelievable the amount of people that are so desperate to go. Sad really  :( I could have sold 50 in a couple of hours.

One ticket has gone to Ron Thrower, now in his 80's and a mad Shayman. When you think about the Percy and Eva Charnocks, my grandad Donald and people like John Wood, Ron is cut from the same Shay cloth. Ron will be at Brackley representing the old guard.

The other ticket has gone to Ian Thorpe who's father is also part of the Shay old guard. His father sadly isn't fit enough to travel so far these days but Ian will be cheering on the Shaymen for the both of them. Mr Thorpe if you can PM me a contact number and I will arrange to meet you tomorrow.

Hope those still trying to get tickets manage and more importantly come 4:50pm I hope to be listening to that travelling army over the airwaves declaring our promotion.
 O
COME ON SHAYMEN

Tough call Mr V but sad that its come to this

"Replica shirts on sale before the season starts, statistically FCHT have never been promoted in any season that this happened!" RESIGN Mr B!!

Sponsored by Castlegem - Virtual Private Server and Dedicated Server Hosting