Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fa Trophy Game

57 posts in this topic

Even though the gate was announced as 1056, we took over a thousand, quite alot of fans were let through the gates and not the turnstiles.

This isnt a Chester fan its Mikey Steele from the Blue Sox!!!!!  :lol:

He's even quoted Mr V's tongue in cheek comment about 'arsng them three times' ffs!

I did mean on the pitch btw!!  :lol:

Have been reading Deva Chat today and there's one idiot called Che Guevara (probably Chester Fan on here) who has taken certain comments from this board and used it to try and incite some kind of rivalry between the two clubs. Insinuating that Halifax fans think Chester are lucky, or have average players, or have a **** ground etc. It's pathetic reallly -  most are just replying to Chester Fan's attempt to wind us up by claiming Chester will bring 25,000 fans to The Shay. He's even quoted Mr V's tongue in cheek comment about 'arsng them three times' ffs!

Think most Town fans will acknowledge that Chester deserve to be where they are simply because they've been so consistent.  I don't think they're a team full of world beaters (IMO we have just about looked the better team each time we've played them) but they clearly function well as a team and have found a winning formula.  They deserve to be where they are, end of story.    We are jealous to an extent, because had it not been for their unbelievable run we'd still be in with a title shot.   But we acknowledge that Chester deserve to be where they are.  No excuses or bitterness.

Also, whilst The Shay is the 'better' stadium conventionally speaking and certainly offers better views of the action, I personally wish The Shay were more like the Deva Stadium (or whatever it's called now).  It's closed, compact, perfect size for this level and lends to a great atmosphere.  Everything The Shay is not.

As for away crowds, it's all a bit tit-for-tat really.  If Chester bring 1000+ to The Shay then fair play to them.  They are the bigger club and have a bigger core support.  But how many would we have taken to Chester if we were riding the crest of a wave like they are and it was a Saturday league game? I doubt there would be much in it.  As a percentage of the home support we should be really proud of the numbers we take away and in that respect it is better than Chester.

Anyway rant over.  Chester are going to win the league and hopefully we'll go up via the Play-Offs.  But it would be nice to beat them at The Shay!!

great accurate honest post

Why am I winding you up? Just stating how many we will bring.

Well you've said how many you'll bring - so that would mean the thread has found it's ending! We'll all be taking notes at the Shay when we play you! 

exhibitionist

The game at Chester in the League was most definitely an exhibition. How we lost I will never know. JJ was the driving force and the Juice was on another planet at left back. 

"JJ was the driving force and the Juice was on another planet"

They sound like characters from a Mad Max movie when you say them like that.