Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Photos

15 posts in this topic

A selection of photos that should shortly be uploaded onto the official website (software permitting). These have been scanned from the original negatives so are larger files than those on the 2005 "Through The Years" CD.

Watford 1978

WatfordH22-04-78.jpg

Bury 1983

BuryA18-09-83.jpg

Man City 1980

ManCityHFAC05-01-80.jpg

Man Utd 1990

ManUtdA10-10-90.jpg

Hull 1982

HullH14-05-82.jpg

Derby 1982

DerbyA15-09-82.jpg

Burnley 1991

BurnleyH16-02-91.jpg

Bury 1985

BuryH12-01-85.jpg

Kidderminster 18-04-98

Kidderminster18-04-98.jpg

Southport 13-04-98

Southport13-04-98.jpg

A great selection of old Town photos from the estate of the Keith Middleton collection that i now possess.

Should anyone be interested in purchasing any from the past 40 odd seasons please get in touch with thousands of photos available.

Town programmes and other memorabilia back to 1911 always in stock.

Remember the Old Trafford match as if it was yesterday. I'd been following Town about 3 or 4 years but that was the first real big fixture - well, there arent any bigger than away at Manchester United. I remember walking from under the stand out onto the terrace and just thinking 'wow'. To top it off we played fantastic that night. Well we played fantastic over the two legs.

Can't beat a look back at good old times, and when better to do it that at Christmas. Thanks for posting these.

Can't beat a look back at good old times, and when better to do it that at Christmas. Thanks for posting these.

Look to the future - It's only just begun.

Some great photo's and very happy memories. The Bury game 1985, was that the Simon Lowe hatrick game? 1-0 down against Bury (who I think we're top of the league) and then went onto win 4-1. Old Trafford was a great night out as well. Just a shame that they got the late goals at The Shay because we'd have taken a lot more. Jamie Patterson skinning Pallister and Tony Gregory's goal. Happy Days.

I think it was the same season that I did a sponsored run around the speedway track to raise money for The Shaymen (think it was 1984/85 season. They had a presentation night down in the Weavers (or whatever it was called back then) and the players presented everyone that did the run with engraved glass tankards. I had my photo taken with Alan Knill. Can anyone else remember doing the run?

I was a ball boy in that match V Burnley in the snow :P

Great pics there, cheers for posting

Bury away 83, the era of the onset of the casual movement, cant tell if there town fans or Bury fans behind the goals but despertately trying to spot myself with my natty pale blue and yellow pringle jumper id just bought the previous week !

well, there arent any bigger than away at Manchester United - apart from Liverpool

;)

Bury away 83, the era of the onset of the casual movement, cant tell if there town fans or Bury fans behind the goals but despertately trying to spot myself with my natty pale blue and yellow pringle jumper id just bought the previous week !

Town fans, including Pete & Ronnie Warren, Angie & Gill Smith, Laurie Plumbe, Ryk Adams, possibly Dave Dibb, Steve Collingwood.

Great set of photos - just found myself in the crowd at the Kidderminster match!