James Hardy

73 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, thetalktrainer said:

Pardon my ignorance, who is this Barry Tate, and what years did he play for us...,,,,I’ve never err of him.

Barry Tait played for Town 1962/63 season. Didn’t actually play more stood on penalty spot but when the ball anywhere near him knew how to put it in the net.

1 person likes this

Tom scargil has retweeted Hardy's message about leaving, could it be a sign ?

1 minute ago, SHAY man said:

Yes, he's had to retweet it because Hardy has used all 13 of his tweets for this month.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, SHAY man said:

Chill out :) I also retweeted and liked it! 

Sign him up. Would be a good signing

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, SHAY man said:

You need to stop getting carried away mate with the littlest things. People following us on twitter doesn’t mean anything nor people liking a tweet etc. Just wait until after 1st July mate. 

Edited by TJAshton

52 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

You need to stop getting carried away mate with the littlest things. People following us on twitter doesn’t mean anything nor people liking a tweet etc. Just wait until after 1st July mate. 

You mean 1st August:D

As for Hardy he's undoubtedly a talented player but my worry is that after 2 seasons at this level Fylde have deemed him not good enough for a top 7 side.

I would take him as a squad player but certainly wouldn't break the bank for him. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, greygoose said:

As for Hardy he's undoubtedly a talented player but my worry is that after 2 seasons at this level Fylde have deemed him not good enough for a top 7 side.

I would take him as a squad player but certainly wouldn't break the bank for him. 

30th June is when contracts are up.So 1st July is correct

Unless you mean the club take an age to announce anything.

1 hour ago, greygoose said:

Nope. The 1st July as that’s usually when we announce players whilst other teams are able to announce their signings early. 

15 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Nope. The 1st July as that’s usually when we announce players whilst other teams are able to announce their signings early. 

It was 1st August last year....so let's see...

Posted (edited)

still waiting for news

Edited by rdj
error

5 minutes ago, rdj said:

still waiting for news

News on what ?

27 minutes ago, rdj said:

still waiting for news

He's just been on England C duty so might not have signed anywhere yet. I'd say no news is good news. Since we don't actually announce any of our signings till the last minute

No signings at the moment could be positive news

Fylde are mad for releasing Hardy. He can play and he will go far. Whatever physical component is missing right now can be improved on. He's got the talent though, something that most players don't have at this level.

Hardy improved us last season when he came in, so based on that I’d be looking to sign him up for next season. He then went back to Fylde and was involved in their squad.

1 person likes this

I don’t know why people have this fixation about contracts running until 30 June. Our players contracts end at the end of the season. When we got to the Trophy final the contracts had to be extended by 3 weeks to cover it. Some of our released players have already signed elsewhere and we have announced it. Lots of players have been announced for other clubs. I don’t believe that 30 June has any relevance for most players at our level.

19 minutes ago, andrich said:

I don’t know why people have this fixation about contracts running until 30 June. Our players contracts end at the end of the season. When we got to the Trophy final the contracts had to be extended by 3 weeks to cover it. Some of our released players have already signed elsewhere and we have announced it. Lots of players have been announced for other clubs. I don’t believe that 30 June has any relevance for most players at our level.

We were only part-time and the contracts only ran until the day after the last game of the season I was led to believe at the time. I've never understood why non-league contracts don't just go to May 31st. Playoffs and Fa Trophy have ended by that point so no reason for contracts to run until the end of June.

18 hours ago, AJS said:

We were only part-time and the contracts only ran until the day after the last game of the season I was led to believe at the time. I've never understood why non-league contracts don't just go to May 31st. Playoffs and Fa Trophy have ended by that point so no reason for contracts to run until the end of June.

Because people need to be paid all year round perhaps?

Just now, ewalsh said:

Because people need to be paid all year round perhaps?

The only logic I can think is June is classed as holiday time for them? If so, then I suppose it makes sense.

Part-time football was 42 week contracts with fixed start and end dates 

full time is 52 week contracts with variable start and end dates 

but if you signed in May you finished in May .. sign in June finish in June 

simple really ..you cannot sign someone until there contract has finished ..

22 minutes ago, Nick said:

Part-time football was 42 week contracts with fixed start and end dates 

full time is 52 week contracts with variable start and end dates 

but if you signed in May you finished in May .. sign in June finish in June 

simple really ..you cannot sign someone until there contract has finished ..

Players usually sign until the end of the season, which certainly in terms of how a game like football manager works is always end of June. However, can see there being a few outliers for whatever reason that may finish slightly earlier or later.

Just now, greg45 said:

Players usually sign until the end of the season, which certainly in terms of how a game like football manager works is always end of June. However, can see there being a few outliers for whatever reason that may finish slightly earlier or later.

Previously as a PT club we only paid when we had a league or cup game hence few problems with players not being paid for friendlies, we have now gone to 42 week payments but a FT contract normally ends 30/06. ie if yo sign someone say Dec then they either sign to end of season or 30/06 following season.

1 person likes this