Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Jon Stead

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Should we ??? 36 but a goalscorer, experienced and from Huddersfield. Think he could up here, finish of his career with a seasons contract, with Nathan Clarke??? :D

Edited by SHAY man
1 person likes this

Got to be better option than Edwards 

1 person likes this

Let's just say with the money he was supposedly on at Notts County there's no way we'd be able to afford him

2 people like this

I'd need to see him head to head over 30 metres with Tom Denton

No thanks. Not the player he was and will want big wages more than likely. 

Could be a Jon Parkin sort of player. (although not in stature) intelligence and guile to score rather than quickness. 

No thanks. Much rather have Rodney. 

Younger, faster, probably score more goals and more potential to sell on for a higher fee. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Lewis said:

Let's just say with the money he was supposedly on at Notts County there's no way we'd be able to afford him

Let’s just say he’s coming to the end of his career and won’t get the money he was on at Notts County anywhere ,Wherever he goes it will be a huge drop in money it’s not as though he’s been part of a successful team.

A few years back yes, but it's a no now. We need strikers that can make chances out if nothing, which is something we lacked most of last season. Put it on a aye and he'll score but that's the same with most strikers.

I would rather spend the money on Dave, if possible.

3 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

A few years back yes, but it's a no now. We need strikers that can make chances out if nothing, which is something we lacked most of last season. Put it on a aye and he'll score but that's the same with most strikers.

I would rather spend the money on Dave, if possible.

Have Salford done a retained list yet?

4 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Think they will be a while working out just how many players they have before they work out who to let go

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

I've not heard anything. Fingers crossed.

11 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

no.

2 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I'd need to see him head to head over 30 metres with Tom Denton

Bloody hell, you must have some time on your hands! Are you retired?

1 person likes this

Devante been told if he can find a club he is happy with he can leave Salford. Trouble is his form with us will have alerted a few other clubs 

1 person likes this

Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

Devante been told if he can find a club he is happy with he can leave Salford. Trouble is his form with us will have alerted a few other clubs 

But if he was happy here!

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

I've not heard anything. Fingers crossed.

I would imagine if Salford release Rodney there will be competition for his signature because he’s done well with us ,Let’s hope he enjoyed his time playing for us and Jamie Fullarton that much that he wants to sign for us.

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I hope we are on the phone with him every day reminding him how much the club want him back.

1 person likes this

Last season would have taken Stead, next season probably not but Edwards could learn plenty about forward play from him. Rather have Rodders if he can maintain his form with us & at a sensible cost.

1 person likes this

A relative has not missed a game at Notts County this season.  He says Jon Stead has done nothing this season.

14 minutes ago, Lester said:

A relative has not missed a game at Notts County this season.  He says Jon Stead has done nothing this season.

Definitely not the sort of player we need.

3 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

And that seems to be the case. Rumour going around at the moment is that Wrexham are interested in him

2 minutes ago, Lewis said:

And that seems to be the case. Rumour going around at the moment is that Wrexham are interested in him

Wrexham are interested in anything that has a pulse to be fair (even if it's woolly and has four legs)

2 hours ago, Lewis said:

They did sign Fondant Topping after he'd been on loan with us. Let's hope Dave ignores their advances and makes the right decision and chooses us.

1 person likes this