Pitch Renovation

49 posts in this topic

Schedule to commence on Monday 20th May with the first game planned for 30th June. I'm sure the ground staff would like longer than six weeks but a shared ground dictates that not to be possible. 

However, after the rugby's fantastic win over Dewsbury in the challenge cup last Friday they are now into the quarter finals which are scheduled for the first weekend of June !! If they are drawn at home then what would happen. Their fans are saying the pitch works should be delayed for two weeks but that would mean their home games in early July would be called off plus potentially our home pre season friendlies.

They’ve been drawn at home in the 1895 cup too so god knows where and when that will be played. Presume one/both games will have to be played at the away teams ground

Maybe they will try and force the council to halt the pitch repairs or withhold their rent in retaliation.

Just now, Shaymen2008 said:

Maybe they will try and force the council to halt the pitch repairs or withhold their rent in retaliation.

Don´t give them ideas Shaymen2008:o

As if they need any help on that score.

As a fax fan i hope they do get a big team at home, i would expect a drubbing but a tv game and hopefully a good following from say st helens,wigan,warrington would be nice.  Hopefully dont end up with catalans or wakefield away

Fax away at Bradford so 1 championship into semi final

1 person likes this

Away tie will sort any issues unless they get to the semis :P

Semi’s at a neutral ground.

Can't ozzy just take off the top surface and mark the mud? They would be right at home on that surface, then carry on with the pitch renovation :P

1 person likes this

Excuse my ignorance but I’ve always wondered why the pitch needs renovation work every year. Now the pitch will have a good length of time to recover with a little bit of tlc from Os, and better conditions for growth. Starting from scratch is surely a longer and more risky process.

Think it's to do with the grass roots rotting due to poor drainage but I stand corrected if incorrect.

It doesn't help with the South Stand blocking the sunlight. There is little problem with the end in front of the North Stand that gets full sunlight.

1 person likes this

They're only reseeding this year. That's all the council can afford. 

2 hours ago, scampyharris said:

Excuse my ignorance but I’ve always wondered why the pitch needs renovation work every year. Now the pitch will have a good length of time to recover with a little bit of tlc from Os, and better conditions for growth. Starting from scratch is surely a longer and more risky process.

Basically the whole pitch is sprayed to kill the grass then the top surface is removed and then the soil is scarified to remove remnants of dead roots and grass, clay deposits etc to clean and aerate the soil prior to seed and fertiliser being laid. The pitch is then covered with germination covers to allow the grass to grow 

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, chadders said:

Basically the whole pitch is sprayed to kill the grass then the top surface is removed and then the soil is scarified to remove remnants of dead roots and grass, clay deposits etc to clean and aerate the soil prior to seed and fertiliser being laid. The pitch is then covered with germination covers to allow the grass to grow 

Has anyone looked at removing the objects blocking the sunlight from the grass? Maybe change part of the south stand roof to allow sunlight through 

3 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Has anyone looked at removing the objects blocking the sunlight from the grass? Maybe change part of the south stand roof to allow sunlight through 

I think it was requested when it was built but the council said no.

2 people like this

What like large roly poly's:unsure:

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

I think it was requested when it was built but the council said no.

Showing great foresight as usual.

13 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Hire marijuana lamps in the winter months 

7 minutes ago, Nick said:

or move the pitch further to north stand

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, Nick said:

You offering Nick?:unsure::unsure:

55 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

You offering Nick?:unsure::unsure:

Think it was Rochdale that bought some lamps from the police who had confiscated them in a raid. 

Well that’s what the police said 

4 hours ago, Nick said:

Are you Walter White in disguise?

1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Are you Walter White in disguise?

Had to google that ... never watched breaking bad