Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Salford City

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Congratulations on winning the play off final and promotion to the Football League.

Also, thanks for loaning us Dave. He helped to keep us in this league and gave the fans a few decent games to watch.

PS, If you're not bothered about keeping him, we'll have him no problem.

Edited by Erik Everhard
4 people like this

I think he wants to come back. He was no where to be seen on that picture that has circulated with team celebrating. I think it is going to be a case of he feels wanted here but not at Salford. If he does come back then credit to him.

1 person likes this

The biggest question.....Can we afford him?

11 minutes ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

No, and you no we can’t, but  Dave please  come back to where you are wanted..

I do wonder what they would have done with Alexander had they not won today. 

2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Congratulations on winning the play off final and promotion to the Football League.

Also, thanks for loaning us Dave. He helped to keep us in this league and gave the fans a few decent games to watch.

PS, If you're not bothered about keeping him, we'll have him no problem.

Yes well done YOU plastic -uckers , I’m so glad glad you beet them other plastic -uckers,  can we we have your Dave back please .

9 hours ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

YES................................

9 hours ago, francisfirth said:

I do wonder what they would have done with Alexander had they not won today. 

He would be sacked had they not won that is the pressure that comes with having such a massive budget.

10 hours ago, Blueblood said:

No, and you no we can’t, but  Dave please  come back to where you are wanted..

Why cant we ... its 1 players wages not signing 8 players on massive wages. Do you know what he earns and what we pay or are you assuming? 

6 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Why cant we ... its 1 players wages not signing 8 players on massive wages. Do you know what he earns and what we pay or are you assuming? 

Yes we can, we cannot afford not to.

Just 8,049 at Wembley yesterday with some even saying the reported figure was 'generous'.

And where the neutrals out numbered the fans of both clubs combined 

1 person likes this

A Salary cap should be brought into the National League teams and they should only be spending what they earn, And if you hate Salford so much and you have Talk Talk as your internet provider bin them now because they are one of Salfords sponsors.

But what support do you expect clubs at this level to have ? Our average crowd is around 1400, our greatest expectations would be less than 3500 . We'd take 4500 rubber neckers that we wouldn't see again until our next 'big' game

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

But what support do you expect clubs at this level to have ? Our average crowd is around 1400, our greatest expectations would be less than 3500 . We'd take 4500 rubber neckers that we wouldn't see again until our next 'big' game

As most clubs at our level do for big games. Fylde took less than their average home gate!!!! 

15 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

As most clubs at our level do for big games. Fylde took less than their average home gate!!!! 

True, but how many do they have at away league games ? How many do they take to away games in London ? How many are they taking to the FA Trophy ? Would I go to Wembley again ?

3 hours ago, halifaxmark said:

Do you think the rest of the squad would sit back and say “nice one Dave, I’m dead chuffed you’re getting paid loads more than me” or perhaps there’d be unrest and other players demanding pay rises

24 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

True, but how many do they have at away league games ? How many do they take to away games in London ? How many are they taking to the FA Trophy ? Would I go to Wembley again ?

I would definitely go to Wembley any time the shaymen got there even if it was for the fa trophy again.  Surely nobody is thinking that because we've already been there they wouldn't again 

1 person likes this

Just now, halifaxmark said:

I would definitely go to Wembley any time the shaymen got there even if it was for the fa trophy again.  Surely nobody is thinking that because we've already been there they wouldn't again 

WB just having a bad day.:)

1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

WB just having a bad day.:)

Old Wembley had history, New Wembley is just another ground down South .

But it is still on the same site, it has only been updated.

59 minutes ago, SteveM said:

Do you think the rest of the squad would sit back and say “nice one Dave, I’m dead chuffed you’re getting paid loads more than me” or perhaps there’d be unrest and other players demanding pay rises

So why aren’t they demanding pay rises in line with whoever is our top earner ? 

1 person likes this