Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PLAY OFF FINAL

102 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

There was probably 6,000 Salford fans there which makes Fylde look are real joke ,Now Blackpool have got rid of the Oystons nobody is interested in Fylde ,David Haythornthwaite the Fylde Chairman tried to buy Blackpool from the Oystons after today I wouldn’t be surprised if he tried to buy them again,It’s the beginning of the end for AFC pathetic support.

Hardly any Salford either

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hardly any Salford either

26 coachloads of fans a damm site more than Fylde 

5 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Official number believed to be 3000, whereas Fylde brought 1000. 4000 neutrals were also there 

11 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Not doubting that, but suggesting they had 6000 is far from the truth 

So, that's the club with the biggest budget promoted via the play offs and maybe the club with the second biggest budget that's won the league? I don't think Orient would be far off with their budget.

25 minutes ago, Luke said:

Not doubting that, but suggesting they had 6000 is far from the truth 

It was plenty more than Fylde ,Salford are still building there fan base crowds of 200 5 years ago  so they have come along way,It’s like us playing Wrexham at Wembley and they take 25000 and then slagging us off because we have 11000 .

Listening to the non league podcast last week one of them on there was saying that there success has been down to fine judgment and not money, and fans from other teams had a tad "green eyed monster" about them. I for one am glad there gone and just hope it settles down to a straight shoot out and not cash becoming the leading factor! But then again I live in a dream world. 

1 person likes this

Yep, because nearly every team in this league splashed out £300k on a striker and paid him £4k a week.

But, I'm not jealous and In glad they loaned us Dave.

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

Yep, because nearly every team in this league splashed out £300k on a striker and paid him £4k a week.

But, I'm not jealous and In glad they loaned us Dave.

Danny Lloyd 5k a week Adam Rooney more 

Just now, Forever a Shayman said:

That'll be why they are losing £32k a week.

Sorry, my jealousy came out in that last comment. The fact that they're losing more a week than our entire playing and staff budget does not make me jealous at all and I think everything is fair and above board.

Well down Salford.

Just now, Forever a Shayman said:

Yeah right 

11 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

I didn't even know Lloyd was at Salford.

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

I didn't even know Lloyd was at Salford.

Been there all season hasn’t featured much injuries and lack of form he and Rooney are the biggest earners midfielder Whitehead who they signed from Macclesfield is on decent money too

A very poor crowd - only just over 8000. How many were there at Leicester when we played Hereford?? 

Just now, wornomad123 said:

A very poor crowd - only just over 8000. How many were there at Leicester when we played Hereford?? 

I think Hereford took 10000 and we took about 7000

5 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Been there all season hasn’t featured much injuries and lack of form he and Rooney are the biggest earners midfielder Whitehead who they signed from Macclesfield is on decent money too

He was the right type of player to partner Denton. That type of small and nippy player who could have run onto flicks etc.

5 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I think Hereford took 10000 and we took about 7000

But we have posted a sub 1000 crowd this year. 6000 plastics?

28 minutes ago, Lammie said:

Artificial Intelligence.

Wonder what FC Manchester think, it was their idea first & are probably the most adversely affected although all clubs similar to ours are blighted by the financial fallout. Give us Dave & I may find it in my heart to not dislike Salford...…...maybe.

1 hour ago, Forever a Shayman said:

It was plenty more than Fylde ,Salford are still building there fan base crowds of 200 5 years ago  so they have come along way,It’s like us playing Wrexham at Wembley and they take 25000 and then slagging us off because we have 11000 .

Both sets of fans were poor (lowest attendance since the play offs began at this level). What would it have been without the neutrals? First play off final where both clubs are built on money alone and run unsustainably. Could this be the future of this level? Throw in the fact it was a terrible game of football, I’m glad I bought tickets in the early bird!

Your comment about us vs Wrexham doesn’t make any sense, as I am criticising both as a Halifax supporter

13 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Wonder what FC Manchester think, it was their idea first & are probably the most adversely affected although all clubs similar to ours are blighted by the financial fallout. Give us Dave & I may find it in my heart to not dislike Salford...…...maybe.

I don't hate Salford and O don't particularly dislike them. I think fair play to their fans and I hope they enjoy the ride but I do have strong feelings towards their board and the effect they and others are having on the non league game. Even if Town suddenly acquired a billionaire fan who pumps half a billion into the club, it still wouldn't feel right and it would feel "plastic", for want of a better word. Also, you only have e to look at what happened to Leeds and what's happening at Bolton now to see where it can lead.

I don't think the extra money invested in the playing budget  in Conference teams is leading to a better standard overall or even in the top teams (duh). The talent pool for the conference is still the same. The wages in League Two are still equivalently higher than the conference, so really good players from higher up still can't be tempted down for a higher wage. Adam Rooney and one or two of Salford's other star signings are good, but hardly head and shoulders above the rest- they just did enough to get promoted in the playoffs. The point is though, to sign players of their calibre, who are relatively the best at this level, now demands such a daft transfer and wage fee that only the most moneyed teams get the best of this still largely mediocre lot. 

This doesn't mean we have more of a chance when we are trying to keep a sustainable budget at this level. It does leave chance open, but our likelihood of getting one of two promotion spots is still hindered greatly by the league's big spenders.

6 hours ago, olitheshayman said:

I don't think the extra money invested in the playing budget  in Conference teams is leading to a better standard overall or even in the top teams (duh). The talent pool for the conference is still the same. The wages in League Two are still equivalently higher than the conference, so really good players from higher up still can't be tempted down for a higher wage. Adam Rooney and one or two of Salford's other star signings are good, but hardly head and shoulders above the rest- they just did enough to get promoted in the playoffs. The point is though, to sign players of their calibre, who are relatively the best at this level, now demands such a daft transfer and wage fee that only the most moneyed teams get the best of this still largely mediocre lot. 

This doesn't mean we have more of a chance when we are trying to keep a sustainable budget at this level. It does leave chance open, but our likelihood of getting one of two promotion spots is still hindered greatly by the league's big spenders.

The thing with Salford's major signings is that they've taken a step down. They are also there for the money. If you look at our success stories they either came up from leagues below or were released or signed by us for a nominal fee from league clubs that had decided they were surprised to requirements; this with a point to prove. 

On 5/11/2019, 10:36:38, Lammie said:

After over 50 years of supporting town I get to only a few matches a season now as I live overseas but made sure I got to both Leicester and Wembley and each promotion and relegation game as well as a few “pilgrimage” games each year 

so that makes me a plastic in your eyes 

but I sponsor players, buy season tickets I will not use 

but still a plastic ? 

Our consistant support is 1000- 2000

bottom end January Tuesday nights, top end going well playing good football and a Saturday. 

Special matches gets out more people 

for Wembley I brought with me 4 family members who will never come again what’s wrong with that.. 

its good that for the big games we can get five time more than usually go. The sad thing about Fylde is they took less to Wembley than they were getting at home 

don’t slag off occasional fans .. encourage them to come more often... that is what the season tickets are about is getting those occasional fans to become regular 

hope you have bought or will buy yours :) 

3 people like this

I haven't heard anyone mention it, but while Flyde brought 1,000 down to Wembley the other day, their former club, Kirkham & Wesham, brought over 3,000 down for the FA Vase final vs. Lowestoft Town in 2008/09:  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2300211/Kirkham-and-Wesham-win-FA-Vase.html

Essentially, David Haythornthwaite has sunk a good £10m or so into actually LOSING fans. Even djfunky seems to have turned off them!

1 person likes this