Clarke

52 posts in this topic

Great news. Clarke was probably tied player of the season with Johnson. Just need Duckworth and Kossy to sign up now.

Superb news! Well done JF on getting Sam and Clarke signed up so quickly!

Exelent news only in may and the defense is almost sorted. I'd like to think we will be looking to do better at left back though but great re signing 

no complaints so far, well done JF

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Scot said:

Expected but it's still a good signing and a relief. 

I wonder when we'll see some new signings? I know there's still plenty of time and all that and I'm not expecting the squad to be assembled half way through May but I'm just wondering.

Edited by Erik Everhard

Excellent news but to be honest couldn’t see him leaving 

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

Expected but it's still a good signing and a relief. 

I wonder when we'll see some new signings? I know there's still plenty type of time and all that and I'm not expecting the squad to be assembled half way through May but I'm just wondering.

We probably haven't signed anyone yet in all fairness. You never hear anything regardless until the end of June/ start of July when players contracts start expiring at current clubs. Most important thing is, we tie up our best out of contract players first.

1 person likes this

You would hope we have targets but getting them signed is  another matter. Playing football is not a long career and you can't blame the likes of Duckworth hanging on for the best offer available. It might be a bit unpalatable but  some players will not fall over themselves to sign for us. Who we want and who we can afford are two very different matters.

They won’t sign others until they have established exactly who is staying and who is going. There still appear to be question marks over a few of the existing squad. 2 good signings though, in Johnson and Clarke.

1 person likes this

The Great Wall of Halifax will make the Piece Hall a sideshow in comparison!

Great news! Defence as per this last season, just need to move forwards (literally) now!

Midfield ,kosylo josh mac hopefully cameron king, looking forward some new signings!

5 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Great news! Defence as per this last season, just need to move forwards (literally) now!

Midfield ,kosylo josh mac hopefully cameron king, looking forward some new signings!

Kosylo not a chance 

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Nathan is one of our own ,Great he is playing again next season ,Our Bod should be using Nathan to be an ambassador for our club ideal person to use in our season ticket sales drive get him out into the Community to spread the Word.

If they Get Rodney to sign. That will increase ST sales 

1 person likes this

Turns up every match, gives 100% for the team just like Brown. Happy he is aboard again.

2 people like this

28 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

He's a part of Salford plans at the moment. We shall have to see what happens. I would think that if they win promotion he'll leave. That looks like our best chance. This doesn't mean it's a done deal. I would be surprised if Chesterfield, maybe Fylde, Stockport and Wrexham aren't watching g and waiting to see what develops. I suppose you could add Chorley to that list too.

We do benefit financially from Chorley and Stockport winning promotion, but they now become competitors for players.

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

He's a part of Salford plans at the moment. We shall have to see what happens. I would think that if they win promotion he'll leave. That looks like our best chance. This doesn't mean it's a done deal. I would be surprised if Chesterfield, maybe Fylde, Stockport and Wrexham aren't watching g and waiting to see what develops. I suppose you could add Chorley to that list too.

We do benefit financially from Chorley and Stockport winning promotion, but they now become competitors for players.

Spennymoor !!!!!

46 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Rodney would be great but probably depends on Salford wining Promotion,If Salford go up they will probably be releasing the likes of Maynard and Hogan and quite a few others besides.

4 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Rodney would be great but probably depends on Salford wining Promotion,If Salford go up they will probably be releasing the likes of Maynard and Hogan and quite a few others besides.

I'd take Maynard back. Not fussed about Hogan.

If Salford release one or both of them they will certainly be our of our league wage wise unless Mr B splashes the cash. That will upset many who will then complain we are bankrupting the club because we dare to invest.

1 person likes this

Great news. Really good work getting both Johnson and Clarke signed up so quickly.

Starting the season with good names secured at the back certainly beats the early signings of attacking players in freefall from the EFL.

1 person likes this

34 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

If Salford release one or both of them they will certainly be our of our league wage wise unless Mr B splashes the cash. That will upset many who will then complain we are bankrupting the club because we dare to invest.

No chance of Dave being on more than £1500 a week and I would think Maynard won't be on much over that either. The three clubs that can come in and match their current wages without even blinking are Chesterfield, Fylde and Wrexham. If they want to stay Manchester way then Stockport would be the obvious choice. 

Not easy being a football manager.

Maybe if Salford have any sense if promoted 

they extend his contract and do a season long loan to us to develop him further

:) 

nick 

1 person likes this