Football & politics what a joke

13 posts in this topic

Don't like to talk politics on this football site, but;

Just watched live debate in House of Idiots. (am I sad or what)

Fylde Local MP raised question to PM to congratulate them on reaching the play off & Trophy finals & asked her to congratulate them on their achievement's.

She responded congratulating them not only in their achievement's but in also improving sport in the local community.

Honestly, have they got nothing better to discuss.

:doh:

no wonder we are in such a mess.

1 person likes this

I don't see a problem with it to be honest. It's a local MP talking about their constituency, which is one of the reasons we still have a constituency system rather than proportional representation. Talking about Fylde or Liverpool is the same thing for the relevant MPs. I watch many hours of BBC Parliament every week and the debates outside PMQs are, almost without exception, serious, sincere and without the frivolity you see during PMQs. I generally don't like MPs because many are self-serving careerist elites, but the day to day stuff proves that Parliament as an institution still works, or at least it would were it not for Brexit currently making it impotent.

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Fylde Local MP raised question to PM to congratulate them on reaching the play off & Trophy finals & asked her to congratulate them on their achievement's.

She responded congratulating them not only in their achievement's but in also improving sport in the local community.

Aye, congratulations go to a local man who is worth a couple of hundred million pound, who has built up a club from nothing and helped to over inflate the already over Inflated football transfer market which had seen club's go under or go into administration, to boost his own ego. Now that the existing football league club in the area has gotten rid of the scumbag chairman that almost wiped them out, the fans that had jumped ship have now gone back to their original club. So yeah, well done for throwing loads of cash at a project that is doomed to failure when he gets board of it.

Hip hip hooray.

1 person likes this

Wait until some on this board find out who co-signed an Early Day Motion congratulating Town on promotion to the Conference at the end of 2012/13...

3 people like this

22 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

Wait until some on this board find out who co-signed an Early Day Motion congratulating Town on promotion to the Conference at the end of 2012/13...

Lord Sutch?

2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Lord Sutch?

Lord Lucan ?

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Macam blue said:

Will she ( if she’s still there) retract the motion if they come away empty handed ?

19 minutes ago, shaymanandy said:

Lord Lucan ?

Lord knows?

3 hours ago, Hoddie said:

I don't see a problem with it to be honest. It's a local MP talking about their constituency, which is one of the reasons we still have a constituency system rather than proportional representation. Talking about Fylde or Liverpool is the same thing for the relevant MPs. I watch many hours of BBC Parliament every week and the debates outside PMQs are, almost without exception, serious, sincere and without the frivolity you see during PMQs. I generally don't like MPs because many are self-serving careerist elites, but the day to day stuff proves that Parliament as an institution still works, or at least it would were it not for Brexit currently making it impotent.

Well said 

5 hours ago, shaymanandy said:

Will she ( if she’s still there) retract the motion if they come away empty handed ?

Perhaps she moonlights as a 'glamour model' and benefited from some financial hanky panky :lol:

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Under normal circumstances I would tend to agree with you, but unfortunately we are NOT living in normal circumstances.

With several major issues causing grave concern in our society e.g. increased violent crime, climate change, Brexit, I would expect every democratically elected MP to concentrate every single minute of each working day helping to solve these issues & ignore the trivia.

If PMQ's have become so frivolous, then they should be temporarily halted until the House has dealt with what is becoming a major concern in our society & allow those involved that wasted time to consider more serious matters. 

Besides which Fylde haven't won owt yet :doh:

I think May wanted to pose for the Kirkham locals and make them like her after the Brexit rally there. 

6 hours ago, Macam blue said:

Under normal circumstances I would tend to agree with you, but unfortunately we are NOT living in normal circumstances.

With several major issues causing grave concern in our society e.g. increased violent crime, climate change, Brexit, I would expect every democratically elected MP to concentrate every single minute of each working day helping to solve these issues & ignore the trivia.

If PMQ's have become so frivolous, then they should be temporarily halted until the House has dealt with what is becoming a major concern in our society & allow those involved that wasted time to consider more serious matters. 

Besides which Fylde haven't won owt yet :doh:

But most MPs don't ever get to interact with the PM outside of PMQs. Whether they use that time and opportunity to raise a serious issue or a smile is their prerogative, and a matter for their constituents imo. I watch PMQs most weeks and don't ever remember local MPs trying to do either.