Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bolton

101 posts in this topic

Sad state of affairs.

Feel for the supporter's.

2 people like this

5 hours ago, Jmc said:

Fans are asking the board to maybe increase a contract offer to Rodney by £200 per week etc not £200.000.000

4 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Aha how pathetic. I think people want the board to show ambition by getting a signing like Rodney and going above what we usually would by about £200-£300 a week not buy a whole team and spend £50k a week on wages. 

Transfer fee ??

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, chadders said:

Transfer fee ??

About 10 grand. Only had 5 goals in 61 games before us. Has only really shone in his time at The Shay. Salford will probably want £250,000.

53 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

About 10 grand. Only had 5 goals in 61 games before us. Has only really shone in his time at The Shay. Salford will probably want £250,000.

You gotta speculate to accumulate!

8 hours ago, Jmc said:

Fans are asking the board to maybe increase a contract offer to Rodney by £200 per week etc not £200.000.000

Bear in mind we are already operating at a loss last year and will be doing so this coming season. 

7 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Aha how pathetic. I think people want the board to show ambition by getting a signing like Rodney and going above what we usually would by about £200-£300 a week not buy a whole team and spend £50k a week on wages. 

Do you know that they aren’t trying? 

7 hours ago, TJAshton said:

All sounds cheap...but £300 a week over 40 weeks (not sure what we pay over a year) is another £12k to find. Then other current players come in knowing the club have bust their wage ceiling / structure demanding increases. It upsets the apple cart for sure. 

I’m sure you were buzzing when we signed Quigley weren’t you....exactly what we needed....oh no another dud signed by JF....no guarantees Rodney’s going to carry on as he has done either.

10 minutes ago, Shergar4 said:

Do you know that they aren’t trying? 

They’re trying Badly 

5 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Yeah and that’s how it all starts. Over extend for one, who has the same agent as another player and then they ask for increased wages. And so on and so on.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Shergar4 said:

All sounds cheap...but £300 a week over 40 weeks (not sure what we pay over a year) is another £12k to find. Then other current players come in knowing the club have bust their wage ceiling / structure demanding increases. It upsets the apple cart for sure. 

I’m sure you were buzzing when we signed Quigley weren’t you....exactly what we needed....oh no another dud signed by JF....no guarantees Rodney’s going to carry on as he has done either.

I’m pretty sure a couple of players are decent earners at the shay so why aren’t they upsetting the apple cart, why would  Rodney signing upset the dressing room 

1 person likes this

Rumours that with Yeovil's takeover being called off and their manager walking out that they too will start the season under administration.

9 hours ago, Jmc said:

I’m pretty sure a couple of players are decent earners at the shay so why aren’t they upsetting the apple cart, why would  Rodney signing upset the dressing room 

Someone mentioned 1100 as being our top earner....and then it was mentioned Rodney being on 1500.....these won’t be true I’m sure but let’s use them for the purpose of this. 

Rodney signs on 1500 and Brown/Clarke are on 1100....i.e 36% more....if I were them I would be straight in to DB. 

Obviously there has to be a top earner at any club and if the range is 900-1100 as previously quoted that would be fine but to then have someone on a standout 1500 would cause problems.

all hypothetical as no one knows what our players might be on I was just saying it’s not as straight forward as saying give Rodney an enormous amount of money and all will be ok 

Shergar Our highest paid is on on far less than 1100 and our lowest paid is on less than half of 900 believe you me.

Can't wages be kept undisclosed?

In any event, there must be differences in wages all across the country at pretty much every club. Doesn't mean people are constantly 'banging on the door'.

Surely Clarke at 35 would not expect to be the top earner, just as Johnson would not expect to be top earner being a goalkeeper?

Never expected to sign Duku and Rodders tbh but I did hope to maybe stretch out and sign 1 of them. Can't go into next season with the same standard squad we were playing with in Feb and Mar or we'll be dead by Christmas.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Shergar Our highest paid is on on far less than 1100 and our lowest paid is on less than half of 900 believe you me.

Even worse then if we were to spend 1500/week on Rodney as quoted. 

If Rodney is under contract and likely to be a bench sitter then our best option would be for a season long loan with a proportion of his wages paid by us.

If as has happened with Johnson he enjoys it at the club, when it comes to the end of his Salford contract it makes signing him far easier.

4 people like this

6 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

That is untrue

1 person likes this

Just now, Luke said:

That is untrue

Yes it is.

2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Yes it is.

Is that you agreeing with me? Or you saying it is true? Because I know full well at least one player is on more than that 

Just now, Luke said:

Is that you agreeing with me? Or you saying it is true? Because I know full well at least one player is on more than that 

I´m say it is true

17 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I´m say it is true

Well, it’s not. We don’t pay massive wages, but we pay more than 1k. Even without being privy to information, it’s in the public domain between the lines. 

It’s well known fullarton had the clubs biggest ever budget last season. It’s also well known that Bencherif and James were on at least 1k p/w 3 seasons ago. With that limited information, it’s easy to deduce players are on more than 1k p/w full time season just gone.

further to that, I also know it to be factually incorrect. We aren’t the top payers in the division by any stretch, but we are modest. 

I wish people (not just you Steve) would get real that we can compete to some degree. Like Quigley coming, he turned down other national league clubs to come to us (supposedly). He didn’t do that to play for the mighty blue and white. Someone somewhere down the line accepted because we offered the most/were on a par with others at the highest price

On 08/05/2019, 18:16:04, chadders said:

Transfer fee ??

He's out of contract at the end of the season.

10 hours ago, Shergar4 said:

Someone mentioned 1100 as being our top earner....and then it was mentioned Rodney being on 1500.....these won’t be true I’m sure but let’s use them for the purpose of this. 

Rodney signs on 1500 and Brown/Clarke are on 1100....i.e 36% more....if I were them I would be straight in to DB. 

Obviously there has to be a top earner at any club and if the range is 900-1100 as previously quoted that would be fine but to then have someone on a standout 1500 would cause problems.

all hypothetical as no one knows what our players might be on I was just saying it’s not as straight forward as saying give Rodney an enormous amount of money and all will be ok 

I would think be straight into see the chairman or the manager because I would understand that the world's best paid players are forwards. Forwards score goals and have always earned more money in wages and have gone for more money in transfers.

Goals win games.

Believe Dave and Duko on 2200 per week between them. If we signed one of them for 1200 per week this would eclipse our highest paid player by some margin. I’m not sure that this would sit well with the other players.

5 minutes ago, Luke said:

It’s also well known that Bencherif and James were on at least 1k p/w 3 seasons ago.

It might or might not be so, but I don’t know that it’s well-known.