19/20 player rumours

157 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, SHAY man said:

The players Town should go for:

Richie Bennett            Vadiene Oliver 

James Hardy              Liam Ridehalgh 

Manny Duku 

Devante Rodney 

Wed need another midfielder but I would be happy with those signings.

15 hours ago, SHAY man said:

The players Town should go for:

Richie Bennett            Vadiene Oliver 

James Hardy              Liam Ridehalgh 

Manny Duku 

Devante Rodney 

Ridehalgh plays most weeks for Tranmere who will probably be in League 1 next season, why would he want to drop down to us?

2 people like this

We ain’t going for Liam. He’s out of our league in terms of ability and wages. 

1 hour ago, Juryeff said:

But he was born in Halifax, so...?

3 hours ago, Juryeff said:

Exactly the type of player I think the manager would like but I also think you’re spot on ... wages would be way above what Town could pay currently 

4 hours ago, Scot said:

Exactly the type of player I think the manager would like but I also think you’re spot on ... wages would be way above what Town could pay currently 

Well if this lad isn't happy to slash his wages to join his hometown club then he is an absolute traitor. Steer well clear.

3 people like this

Another local lad not sure if has been mentioned Jack Senior?

Left back (i think)  at Luton, spent from January onwards at  Harrogate last season. 

33 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Will Atkinson Mansfield Town released would he be any good for us?

Never played below League 2. Mansfield supporters seem to think he was a little hard done by too so can't see it.

Theo Vassell released by Port Vale. Experience in National League with Chester and Gateshead.

Left sided defender, 22.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, mj85 said:

Theo Vassell released by Port Vale. Experience in National League with Chester and Gateshead.

Left sided defender, 22.

He was a very good player at our level. I´d go for him. Can´t believe he is only 22, seems to have been around for ages.

Max Clayton released form Blackpool, been unlucky with injuries this season but I think he might of played under Fullarton at Bolton ?? 

Plays as a No.10

52 minutes ago, SHAY man said:

Any news on Kosy????

DB said we are hoping to announce another player retention by the end of the week in the courier. Only Kosy, Duckworth and Sellers out of contract so could be him

24 minutes ago, AJS said:

DB said we are hoping to announce another player retention by the end of the week in the courier. Only Kosy, Duckworth and Sellers out of contract so could be him

Probably Duckworth, I could see sellers and Kosy going.

17 minutes ago, SHAY man said:

Probably Duckworth, I could see sellers and Kosy going.

Not sure on Duckworth. He might look for a football league club again... 

I think Sellers will stay. Hard to find good left backs at this level and did ok. Needs to improve on the ball but fairly solid defensively. Would be a good backup to a new left back. 

Staying with us might Kosy. The full time hybrid allows him to carry on with his business. Wouldn’t be surprised if he stays.

20 minutes ago, AJS said:

Not sure on Duckworth. He might look for a football league club again... 

I think Sellers will stay. Hard to find good left backs at this level and did ok. Needs to improve on the ball but fairly solid defensively. Would be a good backup to a new left back. 

Staying with us might Kosy. The full time hybrid allows him to carry on with his business. Wouldn’t be surprised if he stays.

If he's the top earner then I hope it's on less brass. He has to earn it week in and week out. 

He had a poor season overall last season. So with that in mind, if he stays them he gets less money and proves his worth 

12 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

If he's the top earner then I hope it's on less brass. He has to earn it week in and week out. 

He had a poor season overall last season. So with that in mind, if he stays them he gets less money and proves his worth 

Presume this is Kosy you are referring to? If so, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this season. The tactics weren't playing to his strengths. Also, the players around him meant we were heavily reliant on him for a moment of magic. 

I'd much rather have him than play against him. Unplayable at this level on his day. Just need a few more of those days next season if we want to push on

3 people like this

Yeovil have released a few decent players inc: Alex Fisher, a big forward who would do well maybe next  to Southwell or even Rodney ! 

6 hours ago, SHAY man said:

Yeovil have released a few decent players inc: Alex Fisher, a big forward who would do well maybe next  to Southwell or even Rodney ! 

Wouldn’t be a bad commute for the lad

8 hours ago, Luke said:

Wouldn’t be a bad commute for the lad

Dont think he would want to do that a few times a week Luke.:huh: