19/20 player rumours

156 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, SHAY man said:

Any so far ???

We're likely to have players playing for us next season.

1 person likes this

Best news of the year by far. the guy is a legend at this club and will only go on to bigger and better things with us or not with us. Stick that up your arse tj ashton

2 people like this

Obviously likes the club and feels wanted here, makes a big difference 

Quality keeper is big Sam, works on certain aspects of his game and he would be in football league

glad he’s with us

Great news that big Sam is staying with us,  plenty more development in him and sure he will play in the football league with or without us.

13 minutes ago, Grayski said:

Obviously likes the club and feels wanted here, makes a big difference 

Quality keeper is big Sam, works on certain aspects of his game and he would be in football league

glad he’s with us

There must be some blummin good keepers in the Football League because I'm shocked he's still with us and we should be thankful that he is. He still has some work to do on certain areas and when he improves on those then I'm sure he'll play league footie. Hopefully with is.

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

Best news of the year by far. the guy is a legend at this club and will only go on to bigger and better things with us or not with us. Stick that up your arse tj ashton

Stick what up my arse:lol:

Hes signed a contract with us which was 100% expected. 

Also never said he was a bad keeper just could do better as his Distribution is terrible, positioning not the best and he is rather slow. Good shot stopper though and has pulled some great saves off. So don’t jump down my throat :P

Youll be able to prove me wrong when he goes higher up the leagues. Until then :shh:

Edited by TJAshton
1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Also never said he was a bad keeper just could do better as his Distribution is terrible, positioning not the best and he is rather slow. Good shot stopper though and has pulled some great saves off. So don’t jump down my throat :P

Youll be able to prove me wrong when he goes higher up the leagues. Until then :shh:

Case for the defence...Exhibit A: 19 Clean sheets, Exhibit B: Player of the season. He is guilty of dodgy distribution but hardly warrants a custodial sentence. 

2 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Case for the defence...Exhibit A: 19 Clean sheets, Exhibit B: Player of the season. He is guilty of dodgy distribution but hardly warrants a custodial sentence. 

Haha never said he did on many occasions I’ve voted him man of the match. Just states what needs improving:)

1 person likes this

Wonder if we will be looking at some of the Gateshead players that have all left and done well this season.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

There must be some blummin good keepers in the Football League because I'm shocked he's still with us and we should be thankful that he is. He still has some work to do on certain areas and when he improves on those then I'm sure he'll play league footie. Hopefully with is.

True Erik.

Very pleasantly surprised a bigger club (even in our league) has not looked to take him off us. We have seen some poor ones this season against us.

He obviously enjoys playing for us which is a big + to JF & is still very young for a goalie.

Lots more improvement to come only bodes well for us.

For me, he's the best goalie down the Shay for many years.

Must give our defenders a lot of confidence when they see his big frame between the sticks.

He has played a major part in us staying up this season.

Well done young man.

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, wrighty130 said:

Wonder if we will be looking at some of the Gateshead players that have all left and done well this season.

Seen some strong talk that Hartlepool are looking at a few of them. Makes sense geographically

41 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

True Erik.

Very pleasantly surprised a bigger club (even in our league) has not looked to take him off us. We have seen some poor ones this season against us.

He obviously enjoys playing for us which is a big + to JF & is still very young for a goalie.

Lots more improvement to come only bodes well for us.

For me, he's the best goalie down the Shay for many years.

Must give our defenders a lot of confidence when they see his big frame between the sticks.

He has played a major part in us staying up this season.

Well done young man.

I think Lee Butler was a good shot stopper and probably the best I've seen at coming out at a striker. But Sam is a better shot stopper than Lee Butler. Some of his saves have been superb. I wonder say he's the best since Lee Martin without a doubt and he's up there with Paddy Roche as one of the best I've seen.

Let's hope he can do hi self justice and improve in the relevant areas because despite my delight at him signing for us I really do want him to go on to bigger things in the future. If it's with is then all the better.

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Haha never said he did on many occasions I’ve voted him man of the match. Just states what needs improving:)

.....you're writing things some people wouldn't like to understandB)

2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

To be fair. If he had better positioning and better distribution he wouldn’t be playing for us. Magnificent shot stopper so absolutely delighted he has signed up. This season was based on a solid defence so improve going forwards and we will do well this season. 

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

To be fair. If he had better positioning and better distribution he wouldn’t be playing for us. Magnificent shot stopper so absolutely delighted he has signed up. This season was based on a solid defence so improve going forwards and we will do well this season. 

It’s no coincidence that it’s all midfielders bar Rowley that have been released. Need to strengthen massively in midfield and replace the loanee strikers with players of similar quality 

12 hours ago, Shaymen0 said:

Good shot stopper he is & is a big presence in his area.However his distribution & kicking needs a lot of improving.

51 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Good shot stopper he is & is a big presence in his area.However his distribution & kicking needs a lot of improving.

If everything was perfect he wouldn't be at this level with us. We have an excellent keeper for this level and there's not many others in this league i would swap him for 

4 people like this

2 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

If everything was perfect he wouldn't be at this level with us. We have an excellent keeper for this level and there's not many others in this league i would swap him for 

Centre halves too, once Clarke hopefully signs. We also have at least one good right back although it does look like Duckworth will probably sign too. With King and Maher already on board, at least I think they are, we have a decent platform to build on. 

11 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

I think Lee Butler was a good shot stopper and probably the best I've seen at coming out at a striker. But Sam is a better shot stopper than Lee Butler. Some of his saves have been superb. I wonder say he's the best since Lee Martin without a doubt and he's up there with Paddy Roche as one of the best I've seen.

Let's hope he can do hi self justice and improve in the relevant areas because despite my delight at him signing for us I really do want him to go on to bigger things in the future. If it's with is then all the better.

You're obviously Erik not old enough then to remember the best goalkeeper to ever grace The Shay grass. That was without a doubt Alex Smith. Only a small man but brilliant.

1 person likes this

Just now, born to moan said:

You're obviously Erik not old enough then to remember the best goalkeeper to ever grace The Shay grass. That was without a doubt Alex Smith. Only a small man but brilliant.

That's right, I'm not.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Centre halves too, once Clarke hopefully signs. We also have at least one good right back although it does look like Duckworth will probably sign too. With King and Maher already on board, at least I think they are, we have a decent platform to build on. 

Based on last pre-season, Duckworth will try and find a football league team with us as a fallback option.

Just now, AJS said:

Based on last pre-season, Duckworth will try and find a football league team with us as a fallback option.

What about his injury?