Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Squad 2019/20

55 posts in this topic

Who's this player still to sign a contract - Kosy (won't be him, he's long gone), Duckworth or Sellers??

Just now, SHAY man said:

Who's this player still to sign a contract - Kosy (won't be him, he's long gone), Duckworth or Sellers??

Guess at sellers.

1 person likes this

Josh Mac

1 hour ago, chadders said:

Josh Mac

Who ?

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, chadders said:

Josh Mac

Thought already signed.

20 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Thought already signed.

We have an option to.

Maynard takes up an option on an extra year at Salford. Kosy interesting Stockport 

22 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Maynard takes up an option on an extra year at Salford. Kosy interesting Stockport 

From what I hear Stockport can´t afford Kossy.

I think we need at least 2 new wingers for next season ! I we need a nice early signing to pump those season tickets up !

5 minutes ago, SHAY man said:

I think we need at least 2 new wingers for next season ! I we need a nice early signing to pump those season tickets up !

I know what you mean but I would also like is to try and sign versatile players who can adapt to different formations when need be.

Josh could come back and be a world beater or (I really hope he doesn't) he could break down after 2 games. With this in mind we need to be able to sign players who can play in a 3 in midfield and maybe even 3 centre halves. But we definitely need a couple of wingers and full backs that can play as wing backs and attack when needed. 

I think we've missed Macca. A left back that can link defence and attack and who is also a goal threat.

1 person likes this

Defence is sorted however 2 new left backs needed plus 3/4 midfielders, 2 new wingers possibly 3, on who can play on both and a new striker!

We’ve done quite well retention wise. Kept everyone worthwhile other than Kosy really. I’d say we need about 10 new signings though. Lot of work to be done 

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

We’ve done quite well retention wise. Kept everyone worthwhile other than Kosy really. I’d say we need about 10 new signings though. Lot of work to be done 

Correct , sadly these days most teams need a rebuild every close season

1 hour ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Correct , sadly these days most teams need a rebuild every close season

How many players have we got signed up for the coming season?

5 hours ago, Forever a Shayman said:

How many players have we got signed up for the coming season?

The 'list' says 11 just on players that are re signed / still contracted . That only leaves space for 8 or 9 new signings of which we've probably already agreed terms with 4 or 5

The 11 contracted give us a very defensive looking 4-3-3. We need a back up keeper, left back, 2 proper central midfielders, 2 wide men and 2 forwards. 

And what if Harry Freedman? Isn’t he a midfielder. Has he left the club?

My only preferences for players we sign would be Rodney and  Oliver. Hopefully we get those 2 and, as in 97 there is a perfect storm which brings us a squad that competes at the top end of the table.

35 minutes ago, Juryeff said:

The 11 contracted give us a very defensive looking 4-3-3. We need a back up keeper, left back, 2 proper central midfielders, 2 wide men and 2 forwards. 

And what if Harry Freedman? Isn’t he a midfielder. Has he left the club?

My only preferences for players we sign would be Rodney and  Oliver. Hopefully we get those 2 and, as in 97 there is a perfect storm which brings us a squad that competes at the top end of the table.

Nothing been said on young Harry.

, this is a full list of our players signed to date for the new campaign

Sam Johnson, Michael Duckworth, Jacob Hanson, Matty Brown, Nathan Clarke, Niall Maher, Josh Staunton, Cameron King, Josh MacDonald, Jonathan Edwards and Dayle Southwell.

17 minutes ago, Nick said:

, this is a full list of our players signed to date for the new campaign

Sam Johnson, Michael Duckworth, Jacob Hanson, Matty Brown, Nathan Clarke, Niall Maher, Josh Staunton, Cameron King, Josh MacDonald, Jonathan Edwards and Dayle Southwell.

No it isn´t. I took off Edwards because I am 99% certain he is going and you missed  Ousman Cham

4 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

No it isn´t. I took off Edwards because I am 99% certain he is going and you missed  Ousman Cham

Can't imagine Edwards going any time soon. Very similar to Rodney at Salford. Untill JF gets his forward players sorted Edwards will stay around. I expect Edwards to go on loan as the season gets nearer 

18 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Can't imagine Edwards going any time soon. Very similar to Rodney at Salford. Untill JF gets his forward players sorted Edwards will stay around. I expect Edwards to go on loan as the season gets nearer 

Think Edwards might be very close to going or has gone. Really wish it worked out for him as he’s strong and pretty quick but just not a decent striker :lol:

5 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Think Edwards might be very close to going or has gone. Really wish it worked out for him as he’s strong and pretty quick but just not a decent striker :lol:

I think he will be with us all of next season, he wont have gone !

2 hours ago, SHAY man said:

I think he will be with us all of next season, he wont have gone !

Bet he isn’t here

With the 11 players contracted to next season I think we have a good foundation to build a strong team. Edwards the only one for me out of that group that I wouldn’t be bothered about being here. Let’s not forget we are only in May so plenty of time to get things done and I’m sure the manager and DB are working on this as we speak. Two good centre forwards, 1 winger & 1 centre midfielder and I think we would be nearly there with a couple of squad players added. 

12 hours ago, Shergar4 said:

With the 11 players contracted to next season I think we have a good foundation to build a strong team. Edwards the only one for me out of that group that I wouldn’t be bothered about being here. Let’s not forget we are only in May so plenty of time to get things done and I’m sure the manager and DB are working on this as we speak. Two good centre forwards, 1 winger & 1 centre midfielder and I think we would be nearly there with a couple of squad players added. 

Personally Shergar, don't want any squad players. We should be looking to improve on the 11 already signed up. Otherwise we are in for another dire season ;)

1 person likes this