Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Released List

37 posts in this topic

Odelusi, Preston, Tomlinson, Rowley and Berrett all free to leave.

Am disappointed that Tomlinson didn’t get a chance, but he was injured for a lot of the season.

As I said on another thread, hard to majorly disagree with any of them. Really surprised Edwards isn’t on that list though 

2 people like this

Relieved with Odelusi. Sorry but he’d get into an all-time worst XI. Sad to see Tommo go but must have been on a fair wedge. Berrett was OK but I feel we need someone more busy and aggressive. Preston a shame but often lightweight and no impact player. Never saw Rowley.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Odelusi, Preston, Tomlinson, Rowley and Berrett all free to leave.

Am disappointed that Tomlinson didn’t get a chance, but he was injured for a lot of the season.

Clearly a player in there, but given his injury record I don’t think the club had a choice.

Just now, SHAY man said:

Big news in 5 !!!

New contract for Johnson or Clarke would be my guess 

3 people like this

All not good enough, major clear out needed!

3 people like this

What is this list ? Only 10 years in the making :lol: got to agree with (at the very least) all those players if we want to progress . All too one dimensional jacks of all positions and masters of none

So we are offering Edwards a deal. What an earth has Fullarton seen that justifies offering him another deal. 

Dissapointed with Tomlinson however we move on

Says free to leave!!!! Doesn't mean they will if they have contracts????

Just now, archietaylor7 said:

According to the courier (not always reliable i know) all the players mentioned were out of contract

All of the 5 players will be leaving the club as all out of contract.

Furthermore, it doesn’t mean all the other players not mentioned will be staying.

I think Edwards and Sellers will go.

AJS

•  
  • 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default
  • Members
  • 2,493 posts

According to the courier (not always reliable i know) all the players mentioned were out of contract

________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah, just read the club Web and it states all are released with the clubs thanks. I can understand why Edwards isn't on the list though??

Edwards still under contract I believe 

1 person likes this

According one of those football websites I think Edwards has a 2 year contract.

1 person likes this

Just now, hunsworthhound said:

According one of those football websites I think Edwards has a 2 year contract.

Get rid

Just now, Scot said:

Edwards still under contract I believe 

Surely not? He didn't exactly majorly impress whilst on trial. A one year deal with an option to extend would have made the most sense for all parties.

Speaking of Josh Burgerking, have we had any news as to how he's progressing lately??? Will he be ready for next season????

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 04/05/2019, 19:32:33, archietaylor7 said:

If Edwards stays, and I do think he was given a two year contract, he needs to go out on loan!!! He needs to learn what it is to be a No9, get in the gym and get some muscle on, drop a league and score goals. Build up his confidence as I think it's probably been sucked out of him not least by us lot????????

Agree.

i think due to circumstances he was over played, he needed goals to boost his confidence and when the goals didn’t come he needed resting. People were on his back from around the Salford away game, this and not hitting the net saw his confidence evaporate. Even as late as the Cup game at Morecambe I felt he would have recovered if his late goal hadn’t been offside. Probably his anxiety to score got himself into an offside position. A winning goal in the FA Cup would have done wonders.

He missed a number of chances over the season, a good sign that he could become a scorer but maybe at a lower level first. Scott Hogan just couldn’t get the ball in the net for us but he was forever on the end of stuff.

Edited by Riders of Rohan
Added about Scott Hogan
1 person likes this

Riders of Rohan

•  
  • photo-thumb-798.jpg
  • Members
  • 2,076 posts
On 5/4/2019, 7:32:33, archietaylor7 said:

If Edwards stays, and I do think he was given a two year contract, he needs to go out on loan!!! He needs to learn what it is to be a No9, get in the gym and get some muscle on, drop a league and score goals. Build up his confidence as I think it's probably been sucked out of him not least by us lot????????

Agree.

i think due to circumstances he was over played, he needed goals to boost his confidence and when the goals didn’t come he needed resting. People were on his back from around the Salford away game, this and not hitting the net saw his confidence evaporate. Even as late as the Cup game at Morecambe I felt he would have recovered if his late goal hadn’t been offside. Probably his anxiety to score got himself into an offside position. A winning goal in the FA Cup would have done wonders.

He missed a number of chances over the season, a good sign that he could become a scorer but maybe at a lower level first. Scott Hogan just couldn’t get the ball in the net for us but he was forever on the end of stuff

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your thinking is exactly the same as mine RoR, A real shame that goal was ruled out cos he actually took it very well. But he's young and he can become a decent striker, but he has to learn to use his body strength and stop throwing himself on the floor at every opportunity. I hope he was watching Rodney & Duku who both showed what you have to do to be an old fashioned No9, but the use your pace to burst into action. Confidence is everything in football, and the fans turning on you just doesn't help the cause. For me, one thing that really gets to me is listening to the Town fans turn on certain players immediately things aren't going right. If he stays then I think it would be a good idea to get him coached by an old Mick Harford type player, toughen up!!

1 hour ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Agree.

He missed a number of chances over the season, a good sign that he could become a scorer but maybe at a lower level first. Scott Hogan just couldn’t get the ball in the net for us but he was forever on the end of stuff.

He needs to learn the learn the offside rule before anything.If this club is to move forward?Players like Edwards should not come into the equation.

1 person likes this

I can't agree. He started off the season well, but it all seemed to go to his head a bit. He seemed to lose that hunger and desire that made him such a handful initially. 

If he gets that, and plays with a real strike partner  he may flourish. 

Just now, ashy1966 said:

He needs to learn the learn the offside rule before anything.If this club is to move forward?Players like Edwards should not come into the equation.

Let's be honest, this is brutally honest and true. Edwards isn't good enough. 

I hope I eat my words and I'll support him, but I think we should be doing better. 

1 person likes this