Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Excuses started already

58 posts in this topic

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/sport/football/fc-halifax-town-fullarton-warns-of-constraints-as-work-begins-to-assemble-next-season-s-squad-1-9744484?fbclid=IwAR2sQUxl4OvaIxNhSHyexhVkoeQ7oQqPRkVHz6iiogLHTvrdrsTsfz3W3Fs

DB always says that Town can't compete with clubs like Salford and Solihull but I can't find a quote from him about where Town is in terms of the other teams in the league. Yet the manager always says Town's budget is amongst the lowest in the league. This is despite the fact that the club has been spending reserves these last two seasons and is planning on more of the same next season in the absence of a good cup draw or similar.

So what's the truth?

Is Halifax Town pissing in the wind, are we so far behind almost every other team in the league or is this just more waffle? The club doesn't have to aim for the top, only the top 7, and surely that's within our financial reach.

The league gets more expensive every year, that's been the trend almost forever, but that doesn't necessarily make it more difficult to compete. There are only so many players and clubs like Salford can only sign so many. As it was with Rushden before, and Forest Green, and now Salford, other clubs can and do compete with them.

He had me reaching for the tissues before I'd finished the first chapter

I don’t think it’s a good advert for selling season tickets ,Unless you get to see every single teams books in the National League you can only guess ,The more season tickets we can shift hopefully the better players we can bring into the club.There are a going to be a few decent away followings coming down here next season ,If we get the likes of Hartlepool,Chesterfield,Wrexham,Stockport And Hopefully Notts County bring a combined total of about 5,000 fans that’s £100,000 in gate receipts alone .

4 people like this

2 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

I don’t think it’s a good advert for selling season tickets ,Unless you get to see every single teams books in the National League you can only guess ,The more season tickets we can shift hopefully the better players we can bring into the club.There are a going to be a few decent away followings coming down here next season ,If we get the likes of Hartlepool,Chesterfield,Wrexham,Stockport And Hopefully Notts County bring a combined total of about 5,000 fans that’s £100,000 in gate receipts alone .

Assuming they’re all adults , got to factor kids  and concessions in that 

2 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

There are a going to be a few decent away followings coming down here next season ,If we get the likes of Hartlepool,Chesterfield,Wrexham,Stockport And Hopefully Notts County bring a combined total of about 5,000 fans that’s £100,000 in gate receipts alone .

Which is exactly what all of these clubs will be thinking as well. So if we all nett 100K we aren`t any better off.

I thought we trained three times a week? Is he not aware on the other two days there is no-one else around?

"with the four hours that I spend daily preparing the team and working with them on the grass being spent in the other areas"

Perhaps JF is trying to give a reason why he's not going to keep some of his squad? He does say that they are sitting down and going through the budget and the playing staff etc.

We all know we have a smaller budget because we pretty much live within our means. It could be that some of us are getting carried away with talk of signing Dave and Duku, oh and Hardy. Perhaps JF is just reminding us that we aren't a well off club and we'll have to sign the best of the cheapest.

Posted (edited)

god you lot are cynics 

we are 12th in terms of attendance last season 

and we know others are being bank rolled 

so puts us in the bottom third in terms of budget 

that’s just stating the obvious, but all managers have budgets and all would like more, he is no different 

so it up to him to get the best for our money ... all he is doing is expectation management 

its always better to over achieve ask Chris wilder  

Edited by Nick
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It’s also a message to players ... no silly demands 

when we were in the lower non leagues .. we were over paying for players but their agents knew we could afford it 

do you think we were paying for the north Ferriby  players what north Ferriby were ... no way 

nick  

Edited by Nick
1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Nick said:

when we were in the lower non leagues .. we were over paying for players but their agents knew we could afford it 

do you think we were paying for the north Ferriby  players what north Ferriby were ... no way 

nick  

Careful, talking sense will get you nowhere.

1 person likes this

Is it possible to look at companies house information with regards to our budget?

Posted (edited)

So the new season has just begun and a few days later our manager is moaning at finances already. Great start and what a way to entice fans to buy a season ticket by moaning about budget

Looks like he’s already been told his budget for next season and he’s not happy? 

Edited by TJAshton

25 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Careful, talking sense will get you nowhere.

43 minutes ago, Nick said:

nick  

Yes and that’s why we won the leagues and were always near the top! 

You have to spend a little bit more to try and achieve something instead of being happy with mid table mediocrity and never progressing!!! 

20 minutes ago, ShayW said:

Is it possible to look at companies house information with regards to our budget?

you can look, but nothing detailed, as is generally true at this level. You won't be able to work out anybody's playing budget

http://www.theshaymen.net/ipb/index.php?/topic/21191-accounts/

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Nick said:

You think the players read the Halifax Courier? Give over! 

9 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

You think the players read the Halifax Courier? Give over! 

:lol:

Even when I'm happy Fullerton and Bosomworth can depress you.

He is a negative character is our Jamie. Instead of optimism at what lies ahead we have depression. You can see his teams reflect his personality - defensive, dour and lacking excitement.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

You have to spend a little bit more to try and achieve something instead of being happy with mid table mediocrity and never progressing!!! 

North Ferriby won promotion with the same players but I bet paying a lot less..

stockport with bigger gates than ours have taken 6 years to get out the league and I bet for must if those years they had the biggest budget ... but they were being taken to the cleaners by sharp agents

I want promotion every season

money wins in the end ... but so do clubs who play it smart .. 

Edited by Nick

57 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

stockport with bigger gates than our taken 6 years to get out the league and I bet fir must if those years they had the biggest budget ... but they were being taken to the cleaners by sharp agent 

money wins in the end ... but so fk clubs who play it smart .. 

I'm not using this as an early excuse to take a swipe at Fullarton but I wish he had kept quiet or chosen his words more carefully as I agree with others in thinking this article isn't a great advert for season ticket sales. 

It'll leave people thinking "well we're in for another $**te season so I'll not bother" 

lets look at some positives though. Macclesfield very recently created a squad very late on in the summer on next to Nowt, and they gained promotion. Yes money does help but it's not the end of the world. I still believe we can assemble a competitive squad and if we get fans and an atmosphere onboard we can go places. A backs to the walls mentality. 

Fair play that he hasn't bull$****ed the fans (most reasonable fans know our financial constraints though) I just wish he'd kept quiet as it doesn't look good when attracting new or floating fans. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Nick said:

stockport with bigger gates than our taken 6 years to get out the league and I bet fir must if those years they had the biggest budget ... but they were being taken to the cleaners by sharp agent 

money wins in the end ... but so fk clubs who play it smart .. 

I have supported JF but when we are trying to get a big push on selling season tickets that interview is a massive own goal for the club and supporters ,I don’t think the Chairman will not be too happy with that interview,The likes of Peterborough Utd would probably sack him for that .

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

I have supported JF but when we are trying to get a big push on selling season tickets that interview is a massive own goal for the club and supporters ,I don’t think the Chairman will not be too happy with that interview,The likes of Peterborough Utd would probably sack him for that .

Correct. I don’t know why he’s come out and said it. 

This season I was expecting it to be a bit different and sounded like the club were going to go for it this season. Cheap season tickets, playing budget doesn’t depend on ST sales and DB’s interview sounded really promising. This just ruins it all. 

Sounds like we’re just going for mid table mediocrity again which is off putting if you’re thinking of getting a Season Ticket 

Think he fell into a reporters trap 

Q question so how the playing budget this year 

answer A .. we have a good budget this year .. so I will be able to bring in really good players 

answer B .. we have a tight budget, we will have to make some tough choices and try and be clever in our recruitment 

Answer c I won’t answer that question as I don’t want to upset the message board or put off a few people buying season tickets 

and we all know “A” would just be a lie 

Get real guys .. a 1000 season ticket before vat is 200,000 after vat is 160,000 

yes the playing budget cannot depend on season tickets as the sale of season tickets is likely to only make up less than 20 percent of the cost of running the club 

nick 

29 minutes ago, Nick said:

Think he fell into a reporters trap 

Q question so how the playing budget this year 

answer A .. we have a good budget this year .. so I will be able to bring in really good players 

answer B .. we have a tight budget, we will have to make some tough choices and try and be clever in our recruitment 

Answer c I won’t answer that question as I don’t want to upset the message board or put off a few people buying season tickets 

and we all know “A” would just be a lie 

Get real guys .. a 1000 season ticket before vat is 200,000 after vat is 160,000 

yes the playing budget cannot depend on season tickets as the sale of season tickets is likely to only make up less than 20 percent of the cost of running the club 

nick 

Ah fair enough let’s just settle for mid table mediocrity