Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dan Gardner/Transfer Rumours

25 posts in this topic

Out of contract at Oldham and just returned to training after a lengthy time out due to injury.

He has been linked for a return to chesterfield. Would we want him back at the shay, if the opportunity ever arose??

Just now, shaymen down under said:

Out of contract at Oldham and just returned to training after a lengthy time out due to injury.

He has been linked for a return to chesterfield. Would we want him back at the shay, if the opportunity ever arose??

Yes.

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

I would say yes. The problem would be his wages and would he drop back into our league. I suppose if Chesterfield splash the cash then they might be able to tempt him.

Has anyone seen him play recently, he split opinion while he was here

Wonderfully talented player that's just never consistently managed to assemble all the pieces, I doubt that JF would appreciate what Dan could bring to the club

12 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Wonderfully talented player that's just never consistently managed to assemble all the pieces, I doubt that JF would appreciate what Dan could bring to the club

Not exactly in the JF mould is he, more JPS than GPS!

Can we afford to sign anymore injury prone players we have enough already on our books?

2 people like this

10 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Can he defend?:P

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, shaymen down under said:

If course, one of the most talented footballers we have had since FCHT started, sure he was made Oldham captain before his injury 

Edited by Papa Lazarou

Too injury prone so it's a no from me. 

Would take a lame Dan Gardner before any of our fit midfielders 

Not seen him play since he left us but if still has the same qualities then definitely.  We have missed the creative talent of a gardner/sinnott type player,  however some people prefered to see the Danny clarke type of player in midfield :doh:

20 minutes ago, Bubba said:

I will never forget the 4-0 win against Grimsby at the Shay where Gardner put in one of the best solo performances for a long time.

Luton away too, I know we lost 4-3 but he was outstanding that game.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, chadders said:

Luton away too, I know we lost 4-3 but he was outstanding that game.

He tore them apart in that first half. Unplayable.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

Not seen him play since he left us but if still has the same qualities then definitely.  We have missed the creative talent of a gardner/sinnott type player,  however some people prefered to see the Danny clarke type of player in midfield :doh:

Sinnott not fit to lace Gardner's boots.

2 people like this

34 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Sinnott not fit to lace Gardner's boots.

Obviously.... but my point was he was the same type of creative player that got us back into the conference by beating chorley 

Dan Gardner is everything Cameron King needs to be. King had his best game for the club at Fylde on Saturday but needs to up his levels, as good a footballer as he looks he needs to score a few more goals and create more chances. Hopefully that will happen next season 

2 people like this

5 hours ago, halifaxmark said:

Gardner was a flair player & good for our level, but personally prefer someone like King. Get him with 2 workers alongside/slightly behind & we could have a very good midfield.

Biggest worry is that although he picked up several Player of Match awards, didn't play many games in total.

Players who play regularly, build up an understanding of how others around perform, shame no one realizes that. ;)

20 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Can he win a flick from the throw down the line, a key tactic in any teams success.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Gardner was fantastic - frustrating at times but probably one of the most talented players flair wise I've ever seen in one of our teams. If he's anything like he used to be (and I assume he is - he's been playing at a higher level) then absolutely I'd take him back - though I highly doubt JF would want him.

Edited by greg45

I think you must be a very young man , methinks Willie Carlin and Freddie Hill might have had a tad more talent than DG !

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, PRS said:

I think you must be a very young man , methinks Willie Carlin and Freddie Hill might have had a tad more talent than DG !

Any McCall, Shawcross and many more.