Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Who's going who's staying?

31 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Will we find out before 2 15pm on the day of our first friendly? 

Edited by born to moan

Posted (edited)

I am not sure 

it depends on who us staying and who is going 

then I will decide on whether I stay or go 

Edited by Nick

2 hours ago, born to moan said:

Will we find out before 2 15pm on the day of our first friendly? 

Can't fault the club for their communication with fans. It's improved massively.

2 people like this

Kosylo is going regardless and can get similar players if not better.

Get rid of Southwell, Preston, Odelusi, Rowley(use the Youth Keeper), Sellars, Edwards & Berrett. 

Dont sign Loan players Gondoh, Skarz & Quigley. 

Id try sign any of the loan players we’ve have out of Rodney, Duku, Ferry & Hardy. One of them signings would be a good signing and would show a bit of ambition by the club. 

1 person likes this

Just now, TJAshton said:

Get rid of Southwell, Preston, Odelusi, Rowley(use the Youth Keeper), Sellars, Edwards & Berrett. 

Id try sign any of the loan players we’ve have out of Rodney, Duku, Ferry & Hardy. One of them signings would be a good signing and would show a bit of ambition by the club. 

Ferry signed for Woking didn't he so that's out of the window.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Just now, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

Ferry signed for Woking didn't he so that's out of the window.

Thought he went on loan. Nevermind then that won’t be happening 

Edited by TJAshton

6 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Good shout, except I'd keep Southwell, I feel there's a player in there somewhere. 

2 people like this

If it was my choice, I'd go with this:

Get Rid:

Edwards
Preston
Odelusi - Think he could come good if he gets himself fit but think a fresh start would be best for all parties

Undecided:

Rowley - If he's happy to sit on the bench then probably keep
Sellers - Maybe keep as backup
Berrett - Same as above
Tomlinson - Depends on if he can stay fit

Obviously, we've got to try and sign Rodney and Duku permanently. Rodney is very unlikely. I have a feeling Kossy will leave but he did post on twitter about season tickets the other day. If Hardy gets released by Fylde, I'd try to sign him. Ferry only signed a short term deal with Woking, I'd be looking at him too. I think we can do better than Quigley, Skarz and Gondoh personally.

Anyone else I haven't mentioned I'd keep. Duckworth will probably have us as a backup option again and I worry that JF may have upset Hanson. It's going to be another tough summer for JF. Not just signing players, but making sure he keeps hold of our better ones as some of them will be hard to replace.

12 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Good shout, except I'd keep Southwell, I feel there's a player in there somewhere. 

Nah not for me. If we kept him upfront we’d have been relegated. We needed pace and power and then we started picking up results and scoring goals! 

Just now, TJAshton said:

Nah not for me. If we kept him upfront we’d have been relegated. We needed pace and power and then we started picking up results and scoring goals! 

I feel for Southwell. He was either played out of position or as a lone striker. Under the right system and the right players around him, he could come good. Would have liked to see him up front with Rodney, think that could have been a good partnership. 

2 people like this

Just now, AJS said:

I feel for Southwell. He was either played out of position or as a lone striker. Under the right system and the right players around him, he could come good. Would have liked to see him up front with Rodney, think that could have been a good partnership. 

Maybe that would work having some pace and power with him. But Edwards is like a BTEC version of Rodney and with Edwards it didn’t work. 

We would have been relegated if we had kept playing with the same team/players

Just now, TJAshton said:

Maybe that would work having some pace and power with him. But Edwards is like a BTEC version of Rodney and with Edwards it didn’t work. 

We would have been relegated if we had kept playing with the same team/players

Rodney is 10 times the player Edwards is. Although I agree we would have probably gone down without the new signings, it wouldn’t have been Southwells fault. He was feeding off scraps all season. Put him in a more creative team and I bet he’d rediscover his old form

1 person likes this

Just now, AJS said:

Rodney is 10 times the player Edwards is. Although I agree we would have probably gone down without the new signings, it wouldn’t have been Southwells fault. He was feeding off scraps all season. Put him in a more creative team and I bet he’d rediscover his old form

Can’t see it but I hope you’re right.i don’t dislike him at all just don’t think he’s been good at all or showed any glimpse of him being good. His record is decent however 

Posted (edited)

Keep -

Johnson, Brown, Clarke, Hanson, Duckworth (depending on how bad his injury is), Maher, Staunton, Southwell and King.

Invite back for training Berrett, MacDonald, Sellars and Tomlinson.

If we kept all the players mentioned, it will still leave roughly 5 position s to fill. Out of those I'd like to see a left back, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers. I think we could look at loan deals if our strikers don't score or they pick up any injuries.

2 or 3 quality signings in midfield and up top and we won't be far off.

Edited by Erik Everhard

2 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Under contract anyway.

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

maybe Southwell alongside a Duku / Rodney type player would work??

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, chadders said:

maybe Southwell alongside a Duku / Rodney type player would work??

Yep said it could work as Edwards is strong and powerful however he is a BTEC version of them both. 

But signing Rodney would be a great thing for the club as he’s a young lad who we could sell on. I know wages he will probably be the highest paid player but if we want to progress he’s the sort of signing to get. 

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Yep said it could work as Edwards is strong and powerful however he is a BTEC version of them both. 

But signing Rodney would be a great thing for the club as he’s a young lad who we could sell on. I know wages he will probably be the highest paid player but if we want to progress he’s the sort of signing to get. 

Agree re Rodney would be a hell of a coup. Not seen the  best of Dayle yet was not played in his true role and picked a couple of niggling knocks last season.

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, chadders said:

Agree re Rodney would be a hell of a coup. Not seen the  best of Dayle yet was not played in his true role and picked a couple of niggling knocks last season.

In the right team he could become our Damain Reeves.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Can’t see it but I hope you’re right.i don’t dislike him at all just don’t think he’s been good at all or showed any glimpse of him being good. His record is decent however 

Your only as good as the chances you are being provided. Southwell hardly ever had a chance to score a goal let alone score one. He is a through balls kind of striker and we don't have that player. King is however how much did they play together. 

We were asking Southwell to play as a target man frankly ludicrous or chase long balls over the top. 

As others have said play to his Strengths and get the ball to him in the box and he will score goals 

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Your only as good as the chances you are being provided. Southwell hardly ever had a chance to score a goal let alone score one. He is a through balls kind of striker and we don't have that player. King is however how much did they play together. 

We were asking Southwell to play as a target man frankly ludicrous or chase long balls over the top. 

As others have said play to his Strengths and get the ball to him in the box and he will score goals 

100% believe that in a successful team, Southwell would be one of the best players. When he actually gets the ball he very rarely loses it, is strong and is a very intelligent player. Problem was that he didn’t get the ball that much. Unfortunately in football and players at this level. You have players and systems that don’t mesh, hence why a lot of players at this level are trash at one club and good at another in the same league. It’s up to JF next season to alter his tactics slightly 

i honestly think the likes of josh Mac, Tomlinson, Southwell and somehow Dave signing would be a very very good line up in this league.

Edited by shaymen down under

55 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

100% believe that in a successful team, Southwell would be one of the best players. When he actually gets the ball he very rarely loses it, is strong and is a very intelligent player. Problem was that he didn’t get the ball that much. Unfortunately in football and players at this level. You have players and systems that don’t mesh, hence why a lot of players at this level are trash at one club and good at another in the same league. It’s up to JF next season to alter his tactics slightly 

i honestly think the likes of josh Mac, Tomlinson, Southwell and somehow Dave signing would be a very very good line up in this league.

Agree. We've abused enough strikers over the years who've gone on to score regularly at other clubs!