Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Voluntary relegation

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

During commentary of the Leyton game yesterday,Adam Virgo said a rumour doing the rounds was that 2 National League  clubs were possibly applying to be demoted.Hopefully not us ,but just wondered who they might be.

Has anyone get any info? Should this happen, how would the NL  address the shortfall at this late stage?

Edited by AGB

2 minutes ago, AGB said:

During commentary of the Leyton game yesterday,Adam Virgo said a rumour doing the rounds was that 2 National League  clubs were possibly applying to be demoted.Hopefully not us ,but just wondered who they might be.

Has anyone get any info? Should this happen, how would the NL  address the shortfall at this late stage?

21st and 22nd placed teams would avoid relegation I guess

2 clubs in trouble are Ebsfleet and Gateshead so maybe they were the ones he was referring to?

It 100% will not be us. 

Ebsfleet will be one and I’d say Gateshead/Eastleigh/Boreham wood perhaps

19 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

It 100% will not be us. 

Ebsfleet will be one and I’d say Gateshead/Eastleigh/Boreham wood perhaps

Why Eastleigh in your list TJ they are sound financially, large income from their car parking facilities.

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Why Eastleigh in your list TJ they are sound financially, large income from their car parking facilities.

Just a team that I predict I don’t know. Ebslfeet and Gateshead id say though 

Posted (edited)

I'm just wondering whether this extends to the North and South leagues as well. If so, Marcus Bignot mentioned in his interview about helping Guiseley stave off administration, so if they were close to administration this season they could be looking to go to a more affordable level of football?

Edited by Lewis

If this extends to the North/South it could be any old garbage teams. 

Could it not be already relegated sides applying to be demoted further? 

Not too sure, but aren’t 2 more teams to be added to the north and south leagues

4 minutes ago, pen21 said:

Not too sure, but aren’t 2 more teams to be added to the north and south leagues

Yes I red that as well N&S being increased to 24 teams

16 hours ago, steve lumb said:

21st and 22nd placed teams would avoid relegation I guess

2 clubs in trouble are Ebsfleet and Gateshead so maybe they were the ones he was referring to?

Aldershot and Braintree would then stay up!

What a bonus !!!!!

18 hours ago, Lewis said:

I'm just wondering whether this extends to the North and South leagues as well. If so, Marcus Bignot mentioned in his interview about helping Guiseley stave off administration, so if they were close to administration this season they could be looking to go to a more affordable level of football?

Has money bags left them in the lurch?

NLP said Blyth in the ****, can't afford to get promoted. Could be them? 

Social media reporting Gateshead's manager Ben Clark has been sacked by e-mail.

43 minutes ago, last_chance_saloon said:

NLP said Blyth in the ****, can't afford to get promoted. Could be them? 

Its two teams in our league.

Everyone at Gateshead has been sacked so they look to be an absolute basket case 

Possibly not helped by the Salford skew factor.

Sad state of affairs at Gateshead. I’m just glad that we are run prudently. Glad to see that North Ferriby have bounced back. 

2 people like this

6 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Sad state of affairs at Gateshead. I’m just glad that we are run prudently. Glad to see that North Ferriby have bounced back. 

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/26778/north-ferriby-united-phoenix-club-application-approved-by-fa/

They've dropped the 'United' suffix and will compete in the Northern Counties East League. Still surprised to see they were wound up with debts of just over seven grand. 

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Jmc said:

Everyone at Gateshead has been sacked so they look to be an absolute basket case 

Maybe we could look at some of there top players :D

11 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Possibly not helped by the Salford skew factor.

A rich legacy of the skew factor, dating from Rushden & Diamonds, through to Crawley, Fleetwood, Forest Green and Fylde. Having had a flipping BBC documentary series dedicated to them for several years, the backing of retired 90s/00s footballing superstars who weren't tempted to join Robbie Fowler and Michael Owen in their adventures in real estate, and a comprehensive overhaul of their image as well as having the mysterious far-Eastern investor to boot, Salford City have certainly told all the others 'hold my beer'. 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/26778/north-ferriby-united-phoenix-club-application-approved-by-fa/

They've dropped the 'United' suffix and will compete in the Northern Counties East League. Still surprised to see they were wound up with debts of just over seven grand. 

Seven grand was just the tip of the iceberg, apparently. There were plenty of other creditors.

1 person likes this

Macclesfield haven’t paid their staff in April, according to Sky Sports.