Areas you'd improve for Next season??

59 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, born to moan said:

I only don't attend when I'm on my balcony on a cruise ship drinking expensive Champagne, or Bowling. My point is still the same the only club in the country who don't do OAP discounts. If it was only a £5 it would show some respect from the club to loyalty.

So just to confirm ... even at £199 you still expect to get a discount ?

Top man ... that’s the funniest thing ive read today :D

I’ll file that under ‘can’t win’ 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, born to moan said:

I only don't attend when I'm on my balcony on a cruise ship drinking expensive Champagne, or Bowling. My point is still the same the only club in the country who don't do OAP discounts. If it was only a £5 it would show some respect from the club to loyalty.

If you want an OAP discount then pay on the gate. You’ll have paid enough for a season ticket in 12 games...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, born to moan said:

Only because they're £199 a throw. Still no OAP discount.

At that price they don’t need too 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, riccardo259 said:

If you want an OAP discount then pay on the gate. You’ll have paid enough for a season ticket in 12 games...

I don't remember saying I haven't bought a season ticket. My point is still the same. Town supporter for 60 years like many others we've put in that time a lot of money over the turnstile. Out of respect to long time supporters the club if only in a small way, like all other clubs do reduce if only by a small amount the season ticket price for OAP,s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, born to moan said:

I don't remember saying I haven't bought a season ticket. My point is still the same. Town supporter for 60 years like many others we've put in that time a lot of money over the turnstile. Out of respect to long time supporters the club if only in a small way, like all other clubs do reduce if only by a small amount the season ticket price for OAP,s.

So an OAP who has only just started supporting the club should get no discount? 

How many years of supporting qualifies you for a discount ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

'expensive champagne' ? On an 'all inclusive' deal ! They might be taking the piss :lol:

No I don't do All Inclusive Bollox, a nice bottle of Dom Perignon and a sea breeze you cant beat it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nick said:

So an OAP who has only just started supporting the club should get no discount? 

How many years of supporting qualifies you for a discount ;) 

How many OAP,s have just decided to start watching Town, come on lad buck up. :doh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, born to moan said:

I don't remember saying I haven't bought a season ticket. My point is still the same. Town supporter for 60 years like many others we've put in that time a lot of money over the turnstile. Out of respect to long time supporters the club if only in a small way, like all other clubs do reduce if only by a small amount the season ticket price for OAP,s.

But most of our fans are OAPs! Any further reduction would bankrupt the club! Besides, it's the OAPs who have the most PDI with decent pensions, financially independent offspring and no mortgage. In fact, let's charge OAPs extra! 

Edited by Che Bentos
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, born to moan said:

How many OAP,s have just decided to start watching Town, come on lad buck up. :doh:

You can easily spot them as they are not miserable old £uxkxrs as they have not suffered years of shaymen misery :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Che Bentos said:

But most of our fans are OAPs! Any further reduction would bankrupt the club! Besides, it's the OAPs who have the most PDI with decent pensions, financially independent offspring and no mortgage. In fact, let's charge OAPs extra! 

Believe it or not 30% of pensioners rely purely on state pension.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would improve the area of the pitch in front of the South Stand to try and get sunlight on it and try and cure the drainage problem.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

I would improve the area of the pitch in front of the South Stand to try and get sunlight on it and try and cure the drainage problem.

I'm sorry but your post makes sense. Please try harder.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, born to moan said:

I only don't attend when I'm on my balcony on a cruise ship drinking expensive Champagne, or Bowling. My point is still the same the only club in the country who don't do OAP discounts. If it was only a £5 it would show some respect from the club to loyalty.

No OAP discount at Fylde today I asked when buying my ticket. They said at £18 they were already cheap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oldshayhead said:

could have stood behind goal. Only £14

Those in the know paid £14 and sat down :shh:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shaymanandy said:

Those in the know paid £14 and sat down :shh:

A true pensioner:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

U wouldn't want to sit down there today the wind and rain blew in there all game.did they treat u for hypothermia after game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, oldshayhead said:

U wouldn't want to sit down there today the wind and rain blew in there all game.did they treat u for hypothermia after game.

 

Normal summers day in Blackpool then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that the season is over, I think it’s fair for people to really speak their mind.

Personally, I’d like 2 new left backs, pretty much a whole new midfield, maybe keep one or two as squad players. A couple of tricky wingers and a whole new frontline.

Cant see any of Kossy, Rodney or Duku staying. 

We’ve too many lower end conference/conference north standard players for my liking. Biggest concern from the end of pre-season regarding a lack of central midfielders was still never resolved.

Hopefully, if we recruit better, JF might feel more confident in playing a more positive system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AJS said:

Now that the season is over, I think it’s fair for people to really speak their mind.

Personally, I’d like 2 new left backs, pretty much a whole new midfield, maybe keep one or two as squad players. A couple of tricky wingers and a whole new frontline.

Cant see any of Kossy, Rodney or Duku staying. 

We’ve too many lower end conference/conference north standard players for my liking. Biggest concern from the end of pre-season regarding a lack of central midfielders was still never resolved.

Hopefully, if we recruit better, JF might feel more confident in playing a more positive system. 

I will accept that now the season is over JF will get  another crack at improving on this years achievements.

I just hope he has learnt from his many mistakes & has the strength of character to seek some help in finding the players needed to move us forward.

Looking back I cant quite believe that one of our best ball playing midfielders only started 15 league games & yet another unnamed player who was known by all not to be good enough, started in 11 in his short stay with us. :doh:

Our BOD have made a brave move to try & generate an improvement on the fan base by reducing the season ticket prices by such a lot. We need 1000+ to make it worthwhile.

The ball is now firmly in the Managers court to show the same brave move in giving the fans what they want & what he promised last year. In getting a team together who are capable of playing attractive flowing football.

I hope he is up for the challenge, if so I will back him.

Here's hoping for an upturn in the football next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shaymen2008 said:

I would improve the area of the pitch in front of the South Stand to try and get sunlight on it and try and cure the drainage problem.

This matter could be addressed by either knocking down the South Stand or shifting the angle of the Earth. Either way, it's a council issue rather than a decision that can be taken by either of the tenants. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Che Bentos said:

This matter could be addressed by either knocking down the South Stand or shifting the angle of the Earth. Either way, it's a council issue rather than a decision that can be taken by either of the tenants. 

Think we should shift the angle of the earth , it’s overrated anyway 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2019, 8:09:53, Steve Lanzarote said:

 

Next season - improvement suggestion -

For Tuesday night games, which usually get lower attendances, the club could offer the chance for season ticket holders to bring someone with them who could pay half price to get in, ie a tenner.

 midweek games usually have less kids so offers need to be aimed at adults.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, rdj said:

Next season - improvement suggestion -

For Tuesday night games, which usually get lower attendances, the club could offer the chance for season ticket holders to bring someone with them who could pay half price to get in, ie a tenner.

 midweek games usually have less kids so offers need to be aimed at adults.

Would just bring someone who would already be coming who would be paying full price as opposed to a non regular attendee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chadders said:

Would just bring someone who would already be coming who would be paying full price as opposed to a non regular attendee.

I was assuming most fans will take advantage of the too good to turn down offer of approx £8.50 per game by buying a season ticket !!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now