Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Title Race Could End Tonight

29 posts in this topic

AS Man City have just increased their lead to 2 - 0, I think that that the end of this seasons Title Race for the Premier League. I know it's nothing to do with our club/league but it's football (of sorts). Gutted really, cos much as I couldn't really care less, and any Man Unt loss is fabulous, I kinda wanted Liverpool to win it this season!!!

Posted (edited)

Looks like Cantona has egg all over his face. 

Edited by Che Bentos

Just now, Che Bentos said:

Looks like Cantona has egg all over his face. 

I thought it was his head.

It would be very Liverpool if they fail to win at the Lord McAlpine Gallbladder Smoothflow Superdome on Friday.

Liverpool could finish 2nd on 97 points and 1 defeat. 

And we thought Lancaster City had it bad.

Cant see Man City dropping any points now, for me, tonight was the best chance for Liverpool to get their noses back in front.

I only want City to win so it upsets Mr Vincent:) and makes Duck Butter happy:lol:

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Good. Let's hope City win the title.

City helped many of our fans enjoy a never to be forgotten experience in the FA Cup when Paul Hendrie's goal knocked them out of the cup at The Shay.

Also, City brought over 2000 to The Shay for a pre season friendly in the early 2000's which helped to boost our bank balance.

What have Liverpool ever done for us? Nothing positive but they did try and vote us out when we applied for reelection to the Football League.

Sod Liverpool, come on Man City.

One of the few sides Halifax have never played in a league or cup match (or a friendly either for that matter). I’m correct aren’t I Shaymus?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

One of the few sides Halifax have never played in a league or cup match (or a friendly either for that matter). I’m correct aren’t I Shaymus?

I think Arsenal are another team we've never played. 

More reason to not want the Judas barstewards to win feck all ever again. I mean Liverpool by the way.

Edited by Erik Everhard

Actually Liverpool did far more for us than City's few groats that slipped into long pockets . Liverpool paid real money for Waddle that was reinvested

58 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Actually Liverpool did far more for us than City's few groats that slipped into long pockets . Liverpool paid real money for Waddle that was reinvested

Aye, and then voted us out of the league. Cheers la's. :rolleyes:

Put together the money from the gate receipts for the two games and that's more than we got for Waddle. Oh, and the FA Cup away game in which we lost. Over 11000 I think the attendance was.

Anyway, it's all in the past now. 

Come on City.

7 hours ago, shaymenRup said:

Yes, add Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester City to that list (and technically Everton).

2 people like this

11 hours ago, olitheshayman said:

I thought it was his head.

Or his iPad!!!

10 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

Man Utd haven't scored a goal in open play for over 8hrs. 

Reminds me of us (albeit without the same budget!). Man U's season seems to be in three parts: Mourinho's reign, Solskjaer's spell of caretaker spell and then his permanent appointment. In the middle period, it looked like the clouds had parted and the sun shone albeit briefly but once he got the job on a permanent basis, normal service was resumed. Interesting to hear their fan's recent views. They are laying the blame entirely on the shoulders of the players saying they are not fit to wear the shirt et cetera. Under Mourinho, however, it was all about the manager rather than blaming the players. I guess their justification for this is that Mourinho signed these players and Solskjaer merely inherited them. All the same, the difference in results between Solskjaer's temporary and permanent role is staggering! 

Like many fans on this board, I was at the Man City match in November 1998. The most disappointing thing in this fixture (apart from the paltry 11,000 crowd) was the fact that we barely registered a shot on goal. My friends and I visited a local drinking establishment prior to the match and I vowed following the game to be a model of sobriety whilst attending any future matches. I pledge I've honoured to this day. I spent half the match nipping to the toilets! 

12 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

We did receive quite a large wedge from City in the early 70`s  (£12K ?) for a certain Freddie Hill (of the "he`s here his there he`s every effing where, Freddie Hill Freddie Hill"). Isnt the Skircoat shed also ex City`s... City for the title for me!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Glenners said:

We did receive quite a large wedge from City in the early 70`s  (£12K ?) for a certain Freddie Hill (of the "he`s here his there he`s every effing where, Freddie Hill Freddie Hill"). Isnt the Skircoat shed also ex City`s... City for the title for me!

Freddie Hill a pleasure to watch broke his foot in the most innocuous tackle you ever saw.

18 hours ago, olitheshayman said:

It would be very Liverpool if they fail to win at the Lord McAlpine Gallbladder Smoothflow Superdome on Friday.

I’m certain they won’t. Mainly because the game is at Anfield

2 people like this

17 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Aye, and then voted us out of the league. Cheers la's. :rolleyes:

Put together the money from the gate receipts for the two games and that's more than we got for Waddle. Oh, and the FA Cup away game in which we lost. Over 11000 I think the attendance was.

Anyway, it's all in the past now. 

Come on City.

We have never been voted out of the league have we?

Relegated when failing to win at home twice.

11 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

We have never been voted out of the league have we?

Relegated when failing to win at home twice.

No but if it was up to the likes of Liverpool we would have been.

On 24/04/2019, 22:05:14, Stasi Pants said:

And we thought Lancaster City had it bad.

We did beat them home and away however and fully deserved our title win. 

6 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

We did beat them home and away however and fully deserved our title win. 

Indeed.

I had a look at the table recently, they actually won 1 more game than us. 

Bonus points for anyone who remembers the opposition for the 2 defeats?