Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where’s Wally Fullarton ?

54 posts in this topic

I think an apology should be forth coming from Ademfax or is his mind already made up. About the manager

My thoughts on the manager are mixed but I don't doubt the guys commitment. I am prepared to see where our recruitment goes this summer, although a little more quality has to be forthcoming midfield & up front..

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, Scot said:

Manager working after the game ?

What a bas****d 

Keep calm Scot.:D

3 people like this

On 23/04/2019, 08:27:46, Scot said:

Manager working after the game ?

What a bas****d 

I wouldn't go that far Scot. It's amazing how quickly you've changed your mind. One minute he's your mate the next he's a b@stard. 

Let's give the guy more time eh? See how he does next season before the name calling.  

Football manager fans are a fickle lot.

2 people like this

10 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

I wouldn't go that far Scot. It's amazing how quickly you've changed your mind. One minute he's your mate the next he's a b@stard. 

Let's give the guy more time eh? See how he does next season before the name calling.  

Football manager fans are a fickle lot.

Look how quickly the bonhomie has evaporated without fluoxetine sunshine of JG#1. 

Posted (edited)

I think we can class this season as a success. Really looking forward to next season. I’ve purchased my ST. I am sure he will get stick from the off but anything mid table and above I think is acceptable. Very  pleased that the board didn’t listen to the majority of Shaymen.net and stuck with him. Cheers. Here’s to next season. I O Shaymen! Still waiting for Rocket Salad to message me. 

Edited by johngrantsnumber1

7 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

I think we can class this season as a success. Really looking forward to next season. I’ve purchased my ST. I am sure he will get stick from the off but anything mid table and above I think is acceptable. Very  pleased that the board didn’t listen to the majority of Shaymen.net and stuck with him. Cheers. Here’s to next season. I O Shaymen! Still waiting for Rocket Salad to message me. 

MASSIVE success!!!!

Most money this BoD has ever spent in a single season resulted in a 16th place finish in the table and the third lowest goals-scored. Amazing achievement all around. With so many fans equating such mediocrity with success, and openly telling the BoD that mid-table is the best they wanna see, this club is going nowhere fast.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

MASSIVE success!!!!

Most money this BoD has ever spent in a single season resulted in a 16th place finish in the table and the third lowest goals-scored. Amazing achievement all around. With so many fans equating such mediocrity with success, and openly telling the BoD that mid-table is the best they wanna see, this club is going nowhere fast.

Hoddie , Huddersfield has their biggest budget ever this year but it’s all relative to the league ... how did that work out ? 

So , even if is the best by Town standards , you have to take it into the context of who you are competing against 

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Scot said:

Hoddie , Huddersfield has their biggest budget ever this year but it’s all relative to the league ... how did that work out ? 

So , even if is the best by Town standards , you have to take it into the context of who you are competing against 

True. We can have our biggest budget and hypothetically pay our top earner £1k a week but when Dagenham and Salford are paying their top men over £3k it's tough.

I will say though that half the battle in football or any sport is the camaraderie amongst the squad. You get a good team spirit going throughout the squad and a real togetherness and you won't go far wrong. Add that to some good coaching and a set game plan and a little quality along the way and you never know.

It takes more than money alone.

Balancing the budget proved to be one of JFs biggest challenges and at times had a massive negative affect on the field . Let's hope, for his sake and ours, that he gets it right this season . It's tempting to blow all the budget on half the squad (many of our fans would spend it on one player) , but we need an whole team that can compete and provide a spectacle worth watching

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Scot said:

And Huddersfield have secured their second best finish in decades...…..

Your attempts to defend the indefensible are getting boring.

But let's go around in circles again...

JF operated a pseudo full-time model, and had a better budget for player wages, and better training facilities than any Town manager had in the previous decade or more. What did he achieve with all of this? The exact same finish as the previous season but with reportedly much worse quality football. This suggests that operating under the same circumstances as the last few managers, JF would have broken records.....

Edited by Hoddie
1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Hoddie said:

MASSIVE success!!!!

Let me know when you’ve left cloud cuckoo land 

13 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Let me know when you’ve left cloud cuckoo land 

Won't you see him go?

On 01/05/2019, 10:32:29, Hoddie said:

And Huddersfield have secured their second best finish in decades...…..

Your attempts to defend the indefensible are getting boring.

But let's go around in circles again...

JF operated a pseudo full-time model, and had a better budget for player wages, and better training facilities than any Town manager had in the previous decade or more. What did he achieve with all of this? The exact same finish as the previous season but with reportedly much worse quality football. This suggests that operating under the same circumstances as the last few managers, JF would have broken records.....

Rock bottom of their league is their second best ? 

If it’s boring then don’t read it Hoddie but your refusal to accept the constraints is equally tedious 

The manager has shown against the top teams that he can field a team that can compete ... but over this season the general quality can’t compete consistently enough ... that’s just the reality as boring as it might be 

15 minutes ago, Scot said:

Rock bottom of their league is their second best ? 

If it’s boring then don’t read it Hoddie but your refusal to accept the constraints is equally tedious 

The manager has shown against the top teams that he can field a team that can compete ... but over this season the general quality can’t compete consistently enough ... that’s just the reality as boring as it might be 

They finished 22nd out of 92 teams. That's their second best finish in decades and will certainly do wonders for their coffers.

And c'mon, let's have some consistency. The manager is good enough to get his team beating the top teams, but somehow can't achieve the same against the rest. Honestly, you couldn't make this nonsense up.

Just now, Hoddie said:

And c'mon, let's have some consistency. The manager is good enough to get his team beating the top teams, but somehow can't achieve the same against the rest. Honestly, you couldn't make this nonsense up.

My mate supports Coventry and the above is exactly what their supporters have complained about this season:)

12 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

They finished 22nd out of 92 teams. That's their second best finish in decades and will certainly do wonders for their coffers.

They were always going to finish at least 22nd!!! 

Jeez , you talk about me ‘spinning’ things ?! 

They had their top budget but in comparison to the PL teams it wasn’t competitive ... that’s the point you are ignoring 

No one is saying it’s impossible .. but at least have some context and appreciation of the constraints .. I don’t think that’s unreasonable to ask when setting expectations 

1 minute ago, Scot said:

They were always going to finish at least 22nd!!! 

What? No way.

13 minutes ago, Scot said:

They had their top budget but in comparison to the PL teams it wasn’t competitive ... that’s the point you are ignoring 

It doesn't matter what cash they spent, simply by being in the Premier League they are punching way above their weight. The club cannot be reasonably compared with many other Premier League teams, if any. They may become another Bolton or Middlesbrough, bobbing up and down between the top two tiers, and at that point expectations may rise.

Is the same true of Halifax Town? No. We've been here or hereabouts since 1993, this is our territory and while other clubs have established themselves and pushed on, us Halifax Town fans are supposed to be grateful just to be here. Huddersfield retained Premier League status for a season longer than anyone expected and that is an incredible success, but you're suggesting JF achieving mid-table is, relative to each club's financial position, a better achievement.

Context? I'll give you some. The BoD provided the funds to go full-time. They sorted better training facilities. They pay for overnight stays where other clubs may simply travel on the day itself. The club has fantastic matchday facilities, amongst the best in non-league. Yet despite all this, JF only just managed to get the club treading water.

That we can compete against Salford and the big spenders negates the argument that Town's budget will forever retard our progress. It's a false narrative. There's something seriously wrong when we can take points off play-off certainties but choose to park the bus against relegation candidates. The players don't pick tactics, nor the supporters or the BoD. That's all the manager.

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Hoddie said:

What? No way.

It doesn't matter what cash they spent, simply by being in the Premier League they are punching way above their weight. The club cannot be reasonably compared with many other Premier League teams, if any. They may become another Bolton or Middlesbrough, bobbing up and down between the top two tiers, and at that point expectations may rise.

Is the same true of Halifax Town? No. We've been here or hereabouts since 1993, this is our territory and while other clubs have established themselves and pushed on, us Halifax Town fans are supposed to be grateful just to be here. Huddersfield retained Premier League status for a season longer than anyone expected and that is an incredible success, but you're suggesting JF achieving mid-table is, relative to each club's financial position, a better achievement.

Context? I'll give you some. The BoD provided the funds to go full-time. They sorted better training facilities. They pay for overnight stays where other clubs may simply travel on the day itself. The club has fantastic matchday facilities, amongst the best in non-league. Yet despite all this, JF only just managed to get the club treading water.

That we can compete against Salford and the big spenders negates the argument that Town's budget will forever retard our progress. It's a false narrative. There's something seriously wrong when we can take points off play-off certainties but choose to park the bus against relegation candidates. The players don't pick tactics, nor the supporters or the BoD. That's all the manager.

Delusional 

Its 46 games .... it’s a season ... better players play consistently better over the course of a full season and if you have better quality across the squad then you have a better chance of success ... it really isn’t rocket science ... bit of luck with injuries helps too 

i made a point about Huddersfield’s budget ... at no point did I talk about , or relate them to any of towns ‘achievements’ this season ... that was you 

I’m saying get some context man... when you scout players and you are being outbid by teams like Dover, Barrow, Harrogate, Bromley , Eastleigh, Dagenham and Boreham Wood then I’m merely suggesting it’s more difficult 

These clubs , at times , snap up and offer more to first choice and second choice  players and then folk wonder why Town don’t attract the quality of players that others do.

5 minutes ago, Scot said:

Delusional 

Its 46 games .... it’s a season ... better players play consistently better over the course of a full season and if you have better quality across the squad then you have a better chance of success ... it really isn’t rocket science ... bit of luck with injuries helps too 

i made a point about Huddersfield’s budget ... at no point did I talk about , or relate them to any of towns ‘achievements’ this season ... that was you 

I’m saying get some context man... when you scout players and you are being outbid by teams like Dover, Barrow, Harrogate, Bromley , Eastleigh, Dagenham and Boreham Wood then I’m merely suggesting it’s more difficult 

These clubs , at times , snap up and offer more to first choice and second choice  players and then folk wonder why Town don’t attract the quality of players that others do.

I see, so crap players - those we're able to sign - only play well against the good sides. And you call me delusional. And I suppose you just mentioned Huddersfield as an aside, not in any particular context.

And remind me, is it a new thing that other clubs splash the cash more than Town? Perhaps Town were the biggest spenders when we signed Vardy? And Gregory? What exactly am I missing here, things that have happened recently can't possibly happen now we have JF as manager?

50 minutes ago, Scot said:

Scott.

Players that you are referring to sound like players from higher up the pyramid (talking of first & second choice)

OK we cant compete with clubs throwing money at it, so don't try.

We need to be looking closer to home, not wasting time traveling 500 miles to scout players we cant afford.

Get some scouts looking at lower league, young talent is there. Give them a chance & it is money in the bank for the Manager to use IF we progress.

We as a club have done it before, so don't say it cant be done again.

Their are loads of teams with talent within our locality (50 miles) that want to progress.

We have the strength of a good solid defence, just need to build on that.

Easy peezy.

29 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I see, so crap players - those we're able to sign - only play well against the good sides. And you call me delusional. And I suppose you just mentioned Huddersfield as an aside, not in any particular context.

And remind me, is it a new thing that other clubs splash the cash more than Town? Perhaps Town were the biggest spenders when we signed Vardy? And Gregory? What exactly am I missing here, things that have happened recently can't possibly happen now we have JF as manager?

The only team that showed a bit of class at the shay was Leyton orient and we were beating them twice coming into the 90th minute.

Every team in this league is the same technically, but look closely at. The squads of the top teams. All over the pitch their is a wealth of experience of playing at this level and above. The only part of our team that you consider experienced was the back line. Wage wise you will get more for your money signing experienced defenders.

our forward line and midfield have been made up young players stepping into this level for the first time or a year removed

King, Maher, Edwards even Staunton and sellars have maybe a season or less of playing at this level regularly.

I think Tomlinson and MacDonald coming back to anything resembling what they were before their injuries would be superb signings in themselves and like many others I really see a good player in Southwell.

With another year under their belts the consistency of the likes of King & Maher will improve and i really think we have the making of a decent team, i also feel JF will loosen the shackles a bit next season when we play more limited teams that sit back and try to play like we do. 

Time will tell but I’m hopeful of at least challenging for top half/play offs next season.

2 people like this

35 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Hoddie, no one said crap players ...that was you .. once again.

Ill repeat it again .. it’s HARDER to compete across 46 games when you want first choice players but can’t compete in financial terms with the majority of the teams in your league.

Yes Town signed Vardy when playing in the Northern Premier .. no one is saying there aren’t gems out there but one or two players in 9 years isn’t a squad every season 

You simply will not accept any logic other than, despite not having the power of other NL clubs , Town should , in their first full time season be kicking on up the table , unearthing Vardys and Gregory’s and competing in the top half 

let’s agree to disagree 

Just now, Macam blue said:

Scott.

Players that you are referring to sound like players from higher up the pyramid (talking of first & second choice)

OK we cant compete with clubs throwing money at it, so don't try.

We need to be looking closer to home, not wasting time traveling 500 miles to scout players we cant afford.

Get some scouts looking at lower league, young talent is there. Give them a chance & it is money in the bank for the Manager to use IF we progress.

We as a club have done it before, so don't say it cant be done again.

Their are loads of teams with talent within our locality (50 miles) that want to progress.

We have the strength of a good solid defence, just need to build on that.

Easy peezy.

Macam , to be fair , I’ve never said it can’t be done

Merely pointing out to Hoddie that it’s harder to compete at times 

folk say ‘sign Dave’ he’s been great but the reality is I’d be amazed if Town could pay his wages and if they did then the squad dynamic would suffer as you get to player numbers 13,14,15 etc 

Thats not defeatist it’s just reality and not to say anything can’t be done.... and exactly why you see players like Cameron King coming in from Kings Lynn Town