Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Players who will leave ??

81 posts in this topic

Just now, Jmc said:

Signing Rodney would fit the bill of young player we can sell on 

He's absolutely perfect. As long as he can replicate his form, if we can manage to sign him. Any manager worth his salt at our level will be looking at him, and that's the trouble. If Chesterfield or maybe even Fylde come in then we simply can't compete with the wages they can offer. I suppose of he's enjoyed his football here and gets on well with the manager and the squad then that could bode well. Fingers crossed.

Just now, Jmc said:

Signing Rodney would fit the bill of young player we can sell on 

Definitely, but at what cost? He's under contract for next season at Salford having already served one year of a two year contract. 

And we'd have to offer a 2 year contract to have any hope of a sales premium

36 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Definitely, but at what cost? He's under contract for next season at Salford having already served one year of a two year contract. 

I think it will all depend on who is above him and how they play next week. If they don't perform in the last game then surely he will be at the very least on the bench in the play offs. If he doesn't get a look in then we might stand a chance but if he does, in the form he's in, I would fancy him to score again at anyone in this league.

3 hours ago, greygoose said:

Theres nothing new here though, when have we ever shopped at the top table in this league? 

Budgets are what they are, very few managers will get all their targets and if you dont have big bucks you need to be clever.

We already have 5/6 players more than capable of being sucessfull at this level. Where not exactly starting from scratch but clearly the attacking areas need the most work which costs.  Could we get a Rodney & Kossy type on a season long loan? They'll be out there for sure and were surrounded by FL clubs with good academys.

I think it was a very successful manager who pointed out we were shopping at Netto  but it would be good to try at Asda I ain't expecting Waitrose or Booths!

23 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

I think it was a very successful manager who pointed out we were shopping at Netto  but it would be good to try at Asda I ain't expecting Waitrose or Booths!

Also would be good. Cut price but some quality buys.

Posted (edited)

On 23/04/2019, 13:32:37, greygoose said:

I'm not sure how accurate the transfer market website is but it has Sellars, Edwards, Preston, Southwell & King as contracted till June 2020 with Hanson here till June 2021. Surely that cant be right in Edwards & Prestons case can it?

I was occurring wether to buy a season ticket or not. If I've got to watch Sellars, Edwards, Preston and Southwell again its 70  30 not. Which idiot gave them a 2 year contract.

Edited by born to moan

Posted (edited)

Tom Scargill has just done a report on the out of contracted players for next season says preston Edwards and sellers all out with another 7/8 more.

Edited by SHAY man

Let’s be honest, it’s going to be a very different squad next season. 

Theres plenty of 50/50 calls in there for me. It depends on who we could get to replace them.

Theres a few that should definitely go and a few who need signing up urgently.

Loanees wise, I doubt any of them will be with us next season

11 minutes ago, AJS said:

Let’s be honest, it’s going to be a very different squad next season. 

Theres plenty of 50/50 calls in there for me. It depends on who we could get to replace them.

Theres a few that should definitely go and a few who need signing up urgently.

Loanees wise, I doubt any of them will be with us next season

I don't think the teams going to massively change 

I'd also love to sign that Conor Wilkinson from gillingham but I don't know if we can if we went for Rodney too.

1 hour ago, SHAY man said:

Tom Scargill has just done a report on the out of contracted players for next season says preston Edwards and sellers all out with another 7/8 more.

That's a relief. Looks like JF took a punt on those three then. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, SHAY man said:

Out of the players that are mentioned in his article there are only two players who I would definitely sign and that's Clarke and Johnson. 

Players who he might possibly sign on one year deals are Berrett, Sellers and Tomlinson. I would have said Duckworth but it all depends on how bad his injury is.

I'm pleased to see that Odelusi is free to leave too. Plenty of room for some better quality in the squad. Then fill up any spaces with loanees.

10 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Out of the players that are mentioned in his article there are only two players who I would definitely sign and that's Clarke and Johnson. 

Players who he might possibly sign on one year deals are Berrett, Sellers and Tomlinson. I would have said Duckworth but it all depends on how bad his injury is.

I'm pleased to see that Odelusi is free to leave too. Plenty of room for some better quality in the squad. Then fill up any spaces with loanees.

You look at that list and most of them are lower end national league/national north standard players. One or two of them will be on a fair wage too.

Can we trust JF to replace them though since he was the one to sign them in the first place?

7 minutes ago, AJS said:

You look at that list and most of them are lower end national league/national north standard players. One or two of them will be on a fair wage too.

Can we trust JF to replace them though since he was the one to sign them in the first place?

I really do hope he can.

If we go by the level of player he brought in on loan at the latter end of the season then I think he will.

I'm sure he will have learned from his mistakes and I'm sure he will have lots of targets for next season, some of whom may have committed to signing for us next season. I don't want to tempt fate but I have a feeling we'll be top half next season. 

Another thing I think we all need to work on is our expectations of new players coming in. Too many fans, and I include myself in this some times, get carried away, one way or the other, with how good or bad a signing a new recruit is. When Quigley signed he was going to be the best thing since sliced bread, and when Dave signed he was a shocking signing. All this before either of hem had kicked a ball in anger. Let's give the new recruits a chance. 

1 person likes this

Agreed !!! 

I really do hope he can.

If we go by the level of player he brought in on loan at the latter end of the season then I think he will.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I agree EE

I've been giving this some thought and I'm going to do something unusual here??? I'm gonna defend JF!!!!

Perhaps, pre season, the BoD gave JF a budget and told him that categorically there was no more money. So then he now has to build a squad with a pot of money that he knows is not going to get him the players he really wants, he sets about picking up secondry choices and poor recommendations. To be fair some have worked out some haven't!! Fast forward to when everything has gone tits up, we are struggling very badly and we have real injury worries. JF approaches the BoD and says something along the lines of:- Give me some real money that will get us players to get us out of this hole we're in, the kind of money that if I'd had pre season we wouldn't be in this situation??? BoD dig deep and all of a sudden we get Ferry, Hardy, Rodney, Duku and our fortunes change significantly!!! Surely it cant be coincidence??? Bearing that in mind, perhaps the BoD might give JF some real funds with which to recruit in the close season, and perhaps these might actually be the quality that JF actually would recruit and has been trying to recruit all along???? Just a thought.

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, SHAY man said:

I'd also love to sign that Conor Wilkinson from gillingham but I don't know if we can if we went for Rodney too.

The same Conor Wilkinson that now earns £3k a week playing for Dagenham, having signed for them permanently in January?

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, born to moan said:

I was occurring wether to buy a season ticket or not. If I've got to watch Sellars, Edwards, Preston and Southwell again its 70  30 not. Which idiot gave them a 2 year contract.

Looks like according to courier no idiot did 

last year no season ticket for you due to it being expensive and no OAP discount .. fair enough 

this year a really good price ticket and your response is to look for other excuses 

you really do fit your name .. 

come on get behind them and just maybe we will sign better players 

the BoD have shown their commitment .. ITS time for everybody to show theirs 

Nick 

Edited by Nick
1 person likes this

I’m concerned we’ll lose Clarke. He’s had a great season & I think he’ll be looking for Player / Coach or Player / Manager. If I was DB I’d fire JF and give Nathan the Player Manager role. Think he’d be great for moral which was sadly lacking for much of this season. 

19 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

I’m concerned we’ll lose Clarke. He’s had a great season & I think he’ll be looking for Player / Coach or Player / Manager. If I was DB I’d fire JF and give Nathan the Player Manager role. Think he’d be great for moral which was sadly lacking for much of this season. 

Thankfully your not DB.

2 people like this

33 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

Clarke wants to sign on for next season

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can he persuade his brother Tom to sign too? 

2 hours ago, Luke said:

I was hoping he'd sign for us instead. He is far too good a footballer to sign on't dole.

9 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

Can he persuade his brother Tom to sign too? 

And how about tempting older brothers Matt and Chris out of retirement too? Could sit just in front of the centre halves that sit in front of the defence...

1 person likes this