Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Players who will leave ??

81 posts in this topic

Who do you think will go for next season ?

All loan players 

Edwards, Berret, Kossy, Johnson, Rowley, Preston, Odleusi, Tomlinson, Southwell 

Any others ?

Southwell has another 12months doubt he will go Johnson wants to stay ,Berret might stay but the rest will probably go.

Just now, Macam blue said:

Southwell still has a year to run on his contract & why would we not keep the best Goalie in the league who wants to stay?:doh:

Football leauge teams may offer him a  contract *Johnson *

Just now, Macam blue said:

Southwell still has a year to run on his contract & why would we not keep the best Goalie in the league who wants to stay?:doh:

Unbelievable. Player of the year! Keep him. Just keep the keeper!

1 minute ago, SHAY man said:

Football leauge teams may offer him a  contract *Johnson *

Wouldn't be at all surprised if a League team came a calling. We should have signed him up months ago. Big mistake if we lose out.

Johnson signed a two year contract with extension? 

40 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

Johnson signed a two year contract with extension? 

Unless he signed this contract within the last 2 weeks, it hasn't happened.

He stated in the Courier 3 weeks ago that his contract is up at the end of this season & hadn't been offered anything yet. Also that he was happy & wanted to stay at the Shay (same as said by Nathan Clarke 2 weeks ago).

We'd be bonkers not to offer deals to both of them

8 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Unless he signed this contract within the last 2 weeks, it hasn't happened.

He stated in the Courier 3 weeks ago that his contract is up at the end of this season & hadn't been offered anything yet. Also that he was happy & wanted to stay at the Shay (same as said by Nathan Clarke 2 weeks ago).

Wouldn’t believe anything in the courier. I’m sure we signed both him and Browny to long term contracts 

15 hours ago, Gavlar said:

Wouldn’t believe anything in the courier. I’m sure we signed both him and Browny to long term contracts 

Just Browny.

I'm not sure how accurate the transfer market website is but it has Sellars, Edwards, Preston, Southwell & King as contracted till June 2020 with Hanson here till June 2021. Surely that cant be right in Edwards & Prestons case can it?

24 minutes ago, greygoose said:

I'm not sure how accurate the transfer market website is but it has Sellars, Edwards, Preston, Southwell & King as contracted till June 2020 with Hanson here till June 2021. Surely that cant be right in Edwards & Prestons case can it?

I´d say that´s about right greygoose.

Seem to remember last summer we signed quite a few on two year deals after being thoroughly scouted by JF according to these pages.

Maybe these players will burst into life next season, JF will have had a full season of fine tuning them:unsure:

Posted (edited)

what "worries" me in terms of replacements is Scot's comments about JF and his frustrations at just being outbid on every "target" hence we end up with hopeless cases eg SL/Odelusi just on the off chance that JF's pyramid of emotion can throw the switch in crap players head or body. If that is the case then JF is hardly to blame as you have to give a craftsman the tools to do his job.

Edited by vinnyweknuts

This is where we are though, have to box clever on the loan players as in Rodney & Duku, also pick up promising castoffs, certainly a calibre up from some of this seasons crop. One thing for sure JF is a season smarter............hopefully:unsure:

2 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

what "worries" me in terms of replacements is Scot's comments about JF and his frustrations at just being outbid on every "target" hence we end up with hopeless cases eg SL/Odelusi just on the off chance that JF's pyramid of emotion can throw the switch in crap players head or body. If that is the case then JF is hardly to blame as you have to give a craftsman the tools to do his job.

Theres nothing new here though, when have we ever shopped at the top table in this league? 

Budgets are what they are, very few managers will get all their targets and if you dont have big bucks you need to be clever.

We already have 5/6 players more than capable of being sucessfull at this level. Where not exactly starting from scratch but clearly the attacking areas need the most work which costs.  Could we get a Rodney & Kossy type on a season long loan? They'll be out there for sure and were surrounded by FL clubs with good academys.

2 people like this

29 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Theres nothing new here though, when have we ever shopped at the top table in this league? 

Budgets are what they are, very few managers will get all their targets and if you dont have big bucks you need to be clever.

We already have 5/6 players more than capable of being sucessfull at this level. Where not exactly starting from scratch but clearly the attacking areas need the most work which costs.  Could we get a Rodney & Kossy type on a season long loan? They'll be out there for sure and were surrounded by FL clubs with good academys.

At the over 40s meeting, DB stated that his goal was to sign young players with the potential to be sold on for a profit at a later date. 'Unearth a diamond' were his words I think. Relying on loan players doesn't really fit his modus operandi. 

Unfortunately our diamond finding machine broke down when Aspin left, in fact it was dismantled with no signs of it being bolted together again under the current regime.

1 person likes this

How many do you think will arrive at the club next season? 

49 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

At the over 40s meeting, DB stated that his goal was to sign young players with the potential to be sold on for a profit at a later date. 'Unearth a diamond' were his words I think. Relying on loan players doesn't really fit his modus operandi. 

I wonder if Operandi would consider signing full time instead?

1 person likes this

Not a chance, foreign diver.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Che Bentos said:

Signing Rodney would fit the bill of young player we can sell on 

3 people like this