Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rodney

52 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Nick said:

Should not worry about the cost of rodney 

mid their is one player to break the bank for its him .. 

If we got him we would only have him at the very best for a season if he continues to play like this.. as we would sell him for a good price.. 

i don’t normally support splashing cash 

but he is an exception .. we will make more back in gate receipts and transfer fee than he would cost .. 

onky risk is ... is this a flash in the pan player or a serious contender for better things 

nick

It's his wages Nick. I he's on double our top earner then we've no chance. I really do hope we can put some sort of package together. Maybe match or go slightly over our top earner but offer a decent goal bonus. Just a thought.

Looking at RedPassion.co.uk (how many work internet filters block that website?), the Wrexham fans would like Quigley to come back (and MFT from his loan spell). One man's meat...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

It's his wages Nick. I he's on double our top earner then we've no chance. I really do hope we can put some sort of package together. Maybe match or go slightly over our top earner but offer a decent goal bonus. Just a thought.

I accept its his wages .. somebody has to be top earner and good goal scorers are always the best paid .. 

i just think he would be sold in a year and if we are successful an extra hundred on the gate would pay his salary 

yes it’s a gamble but maybe he is the player for the gamble 

Edited by Nick
2 people like this

On 22/04/2019, 20:08:05, hunsworthhound said:

Graham Alexander will be feeling very pleased with his decision to let us keep Rodney. We gave them a good chance of the title by taking points off Solihull and Orient and today we assured them of 2 or 3 rd place by beating Wrexham. Rodneys goals were a big part of all those results inspired managerial decision letting us keep him.

I am surprised that there is not greater regulation on this 

3 hours ago, Nick said:

I accept its his wages .. somebody has to be top earner and good goal scorers are always the best paid .. 

i just think he would be sold in a year and if we are successful an extra hundred on the gate would pay his salary 

yes it’s a gamble but maybe he is the player for the gamble 

No doubting he could and probably would be the top earner. It's how much more money he's on than the next top earner. If say Brown or Clarke were on £1k a week and Dave came in and we pay him £2k a week, it won't be long before players are asking for the same as Dave when they renegotiate their contracts.

At the end of the day he's had a massive impact for us this season and I would love him to join the club full time. However, the money has to be right. Yes, let's stretch the budget slightly but not too much. I very much doubt that DB would do that anyway but let's wait and see.

Let's crowdfund his wage:D

12 minutes ago, last_chance_saloon said:

Let's crowdfund his wage:D

Let's get everyone to buy a season ticket,especially the ones that post on here but can't be bothered to attend games ,yet know everything that's going on at the club

3 people like this

Probably posted this before but the at the recent meeting with fans, the Chairman said they'd been offered Connor Wilkinson on loan from Gillingham at the start of the season but the £1600 p/wk was too much. Not sure what Rodney commands but I suspect he's in similar territory. Suggestion is that Wilkinson's on between £3-4k p/wk at Dagenham now.
It'd be a shame if efforts couldn't be made to keep Rodney as he's a class act and will score a stack of goals. 

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, 154 Hopper Avenue said:

Probably posted this before but the at the recent meeting with fans, the Chairman said they'd been offered Connor Wilkinson on loan from Gillingham at the start of the season but the £1600 p/wk was too much. Not sure what Rodney commands but I suspect he's in similar territory. Suggestion is that Wilkinson's on between £3-4k p/wk at Dagenham now.
It'd be a shame if efforts couldn't be made to keep Rodney as he's a class act and will score a stack of goals. 

Told Rodney on 1200. DB to me needs to cut the size of squad and pay 1k a week.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, eddie said:

Let's get everyone to buy a season ticket,especially the ones that post on here but can't be bothered to attend games ,yet know everything that's going on at the club

So people that choose not to go (due to £20 per match watching garbage most games) don’t know anything that goes on at the club. But the ones that do attend know everything behind the scenes. Makes sense 

Steve Lanzarote has no clue at all then about this club because he doesn’t go to games :lol:

Edited by TJAshton

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, 154 Hopper Avenue said:

Making this signing happen would be a great statement of ambition shown by the BOD and a signing like this could help decide if people wanna buy a season ticket or not.

P.S cue the “buy a bloody season ticket and it might just happen” :doh:

Edited by TJAshton
1 person likes this

I briefly considered supporting a club with a larger budget at its disposal but then I went and bought at Halifax season ticket. Guess I'll have to put that barmy notion on ice for the foreseeable future. 

Here I go again!!! But dont bother with a second goalkeeper and that will save £5/600 squids a week for sitting on the bench with your feet up???

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

Here I go again!!! But dont bother with a second goalkeeper and that will save £5/600 squids a week for sitting on the bench with your feet up???

Highly doubt a sub keeper at this level commands that high a wage - mind you it can't be too far off.

Let's just not have a keeper, the only job he does that the rest of the team can't is to occasionally pick the ball out of the net

2 hours ago, archietaylor7 said:

Yes, Yes, Yes..............................

1 hour ago, archietaylor7 said:

This is where being a low budget full time club does not benefit us. We lost some good players who did not want to commit to full time @ our lower end budget, due to their other jobs + possible others who may prefer to stay part time. Having a combination of both full & part time may be a better fit for us. Especially 2nd goal keeper & squad/young up & coming players.

It never caused us any issues re part time players not making themselves available for long journey away games to my knowledge.

A blend of both could be a good answer to our lower budget issues. Pick up the best part time players from within a closer radius to our catchment area & increase our coaching/scouting network to compensate any additional training & other needs.

1 person likes this

greg45

•  
  • 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default
  • Members
  • 4,601 posts
3 hours ago, archietaylor7 said:

Highly doubt a sub keeper at this level commands that high a wage - mind you it can't be too far off.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

The minimum hourly rate for a person over 25 in the UK is now £8.21. So based on 40hrs that's £328.40 per wk. As a Pro-footballer I should think that a player even at 5th tier would realistically be wanting the £5/600 per week. I just dont understand why someone would want to sit on the bench week in week out. But I suppose if your getting paid then it doesn't matter??

Why not just use the youth team keeper on the bench? Saves on wages and you’ve still got some who can play in that position if worst came to worst. 

3 people like this

Thanks for that information Archie, how I wish I was employed rather than self employed :(

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

Why not just use the youth team keeper on the bench? Saves on wages and you’ve still got some who can play in that position if worst came to worst. 

Well, it seems that he was actually very good and he signed for a Premier League team.

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Well, it seems that he was actually very good and he signed for a Premier League team.

I would like to imagine we have a few. Could very easily use them  

51 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

I would like to imagine we have a few. Could very easily use them  

They'd have to be registered, possibly be available for long distance overnighters and we'd have the issue of needing to arrange a loan keeper at short notice should first choice keeper get injured (possibly in match warm up) or sent off . Having said all that, I feel our back up keepers are unloved and under used (it's a conundrum)

For all those clubs lining up to snatch Rodney away from us based on the form he's shown... he's just another Shaun Tuton really. I wouldn't bother. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The idea of using a youth team keeper as our backup is something that is well worth considering if we have Football League ambitions. Currently you are required to have one homegrown player in the matchday squad in the Football League, and I'm pretty sure I've read that this number will be increased to two either next season or the season after that.

Having a youth team keeper as our backup would help to satisfy this ruling.

Edited by Lewis