Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Today’s game Hartlepool

113 posts in this topic

Two evenly matched teams and they were probably marginally better. 

Could have done with a bit more quality, but that’s life.

Congratulations to those that chose to use their bank holiday to scream abuse at our players and offer tactical insights like “smash it for’ard Town” absolute gammon.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

“Going full throttle to the end of the season” 

1 win in 8 games. 

Didn’t say he was going to win every game until the end of the season did he....have a day off mate 

Dont win next 2 games we will see ourselves 5th from bottom, really need to change for next season. 

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Two evenly matched teams and they were probably marginally better. 

Could have done with a bit more quality, but that’s life.

Congratulations to those that chose to use their bank holiday to scream abuse at our players and offer tactical insights like “smash it for’ard Town” absolute gammon.

Get a grip ffs.

I didn’t go again today gladly. 

They have paid their money, they have travelled quite a far distance and if they’re not happy with the performance that they’ve paid and travelled to see then they can do whatever they want. It’s football ffs. 

I’d hate to know what you’d be like if you supported, say for example a big team with many more fans shouting abuse. 

Edited by TJAshton
1 person likes this

Just now, Shergar4 said:

Didn’t say he was going to win every game until the end of the season did he....have a day off mate 

Never said he did. However all this full throttle bullshit is just pointless. 

Just now, SHAY man said:

Dont win next 2 games we will see ourselves 5th from bottom, really need to change for next season. 

Don’t worry he’s the man to push us forward. :lol:

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

Get a grip ffs.

I didn’t go again today gladly. 

They have paid their money, they have travelled quite a far distance and if they’re not happy with the performance that they’ve paid and travelled to see them they can do whatever they want. It’s football ffs. 

I’d hate to know what you’d be like if you supported, say for example a big team with many more fans shouting abuse. 

Whereas you seem quite happy to spout shite abuse without paying a penny?

Don’t fret though, Daddy will be along soon to back you up.

Edited by shaymandownsouff

Just now, shaymandownsouff said:

Whereas you seem quite happy to shite abuse without paying a penny?

Don’t fret though, Daddy will be along soon to back you up.

Aw bless you. Erm doesn’t back me up, don’t ask him too just what a fathers there for :P

anyway safe journey back and don’t get stuck in traffic :)

Just now, TJAshton said:

Aw bless you. Erm doesn’t back me up, don’t ask him too just what a fathers there for :P

anyway safe journey back and don’t get stuck in traffic :)

Will do :)

Look forward to you blowing a gasket next game we draw. If you can be bothered to show up :)

Will do :)

Look forward to you blowing a gasket next game we draw. If you can be bothered to show up :)

Funnily enough I’m going Monday. Can’t wait for it :blink:

Just now, TJAshton said:

Funnily enough I’m going Monday. Can’t wait for it :blink:

Haha fair.

My main irritation is that we’re safe and we were trying to play decent football.

They even hammered the 17 yr old kid that came on making his debut.

1 person likes this

Haha fair.

My main irritation is that we’re safe and we were trying to play decent football.

They even hammered the 17 yr old kid that came on making his debut.

Were safe thankfully. And yes don’t agree with that I actually don’t abuse the players at games and never have. 

However I just want the team to do well and this season has been terrible imo hence the negative comments but we’re safe so it’s all good. 

Why on earth were they abusing him?? What’s he done wrong :lol:

1 hour ago, shaymandownsouff said:

At least with southern away games, these “gerrit forward” morons don’t bother to travel. Embarrassing.

Well it wasn't working trying to pass a ball between two green shirts was it? Down to the players today in the second half they were just not up to it. And Hanson had his worst game in a town shirt!

Just now, Shaymen0 said:

Well it wasn't working trying to pass a ball between two green shirts was it? Down to the players today in the second half they were just not up to it. And Hanson had his worst game in a town shirt!

It created our goal and we looked our most threatening when we did pass the ball.

Hammering it long worked against a Orient back 4 (that usually play 3 at the back) that were injury ravaged.

I’m not advocating tiki taka, but passing the ball is fine. 

I know it doesn’t really matter but why has the defence seemingly fallen apart all of a sudden?

If we finish 5th bottom, which on recent form looks a possibility, some serious questions have to be asked by the BOD.

3 people like this

Could it be possible that instead of defending in depth we are  having a go at teams now we are safe and leaving gaps at the back.

2 minutes ago, townmad said:

Could it be possible that instead of defending in depth we are  having a go at teams now we are safe and leaving gaps at the back.

Exactly. It just shows our defensive record is more down to sitting back as opposed to being solid. For as good as Brown and Clarke have been, they struggle against pacey strikers and we definitely need to strengthen at left back 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The last hurrah of this game felt to me to be the long cross in the first half that was spilt by the goalkeeper, with the offside being flagged before Duku could get to it. After that, as with so many other games, a Fullarton-shaped plug was lodged into proceedings. We were good initially and the short passing game built up well and created openings as demonstrated with the goal. After the aforementioned offside it barely went past the midfield. Exceedingly dull thereafter, sure it's ironic how many want kick-and-chase back despite absolutely hounding a previous manager who made many successful seasons of it. But despite an acceptable first half, you have to wonder what the point in all this is, when we consistently drop any initiative for at least half of almost every game. Because we're so convincing at treading water we decide we don't bother breaking into a doggy paddle most of the time. 27% win rate this season is the return, becoming 19% since the start of September. Sure Fullarton works hard and "Rome wasn't built in a day", however his footballing ideology ("play as if nobody's watching: sap all spectacle out to reap the most conservative rewards") will be harder for him to (want to) change. So it's more likely he'll tire of trying than put together a team you can look forward to watching each week. And even a player who might be, like Kosylo, ends up playing with clipped wings. For now, thank chuff for Rodney and to a lesser extent Duku, without whom............ 

Edited by Pliny Harris
1 person likes this

Still wonder what form the half time team talk takes because as we repeatedly come out second half looking like we had a sedative in the half time drink. It would be nice just once to see us come out all guns blazing instead of seeing a 45min sleep walk.

Anyone got an up to date top scorers list for the season? League + Cup + Trophy 

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Still wonder what form the half time team talk takes because as we repeatedly come out second half looking like we had a sedative in the half time drink. It would be nice just once to see us come out all guns blazing instead of seeing a 45min sleep walk.

He would have baffled them with his bizzare science on how to 'play' football, they would have then switched off thereafter, like most fans have since the August Bank Holiday when the JF decline started. He needs to pull out all the stops for next season early on and continue throughout the full season as if not he will be sacked, he can't be a steady Eddy forever.

Edited by Caygillwashere

9 minutes ago, Shaymen1984 said:

Anyone got an up to date top scorers list for the season? League + Cup + Trophy 

Southwell 8

Kosylo 7

Rodney 6

Clarke 5

Preston 4

Edwards 3

Duku 3

Grim reading

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Caygillwashere said:

He would have baffled them with his bizzare science on how to 'play' football, they would have then switched off thereafter, like most fans have since the August Bank Holiday when the JF decline started. He needs to pull out all the stops for next season early on and continue throughout the full season as if not he will be sacked, he can't be a steady Eddy forever.

I'm the real steady eddie,and i will be forever

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, eddie said:

I'm the real steady eddie,and i will be forever

Stuttering Eddie then!