Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

City v Spurs

10 posts in this topic

Despite everything we complain about regards top flight football and the insane amounts of cash floating around, it's hard to deny last night's game was an absolute belter. Just missed a good old on-field scrap, otherwise had everything.

2 people like this

Enjoyable game, even the VAR made it interesting 

One of the best games I’ve seen in years, wouldn’t mind a few games like that at The Shay

14 minutes ago, quizmaster said:

How gracious in defeat was Gaudiola? The man was absolutely gutted but came out to face the media with dignity and grace. A world class coach and a top human being. Feel deep respect for him.

Aye can you imagine Mourinho being as gracious given the circumstances? He'd probably have sent his assistant out to face the media while taking every opportunity over the following 12 months to moan about the result. 

Great game and result for football.Couldn't do with them plastic cheats winning the big 4.Would love it if all they have to show is a league cup win on pens....:D

Incredible game. Probably the best game I’ve witnessed since Spain v Portugal in the World Cup. VAR had a considerable impact on the game, but I think it was used well overall. Yes there are kinks to work out, but we are getting more correct decisions. As a neutral watching the game I found the suspense when waiting for decision added to the spectacle, rather than making it less enjoyable. I do think they should stop the clock on VAR decisions though, or it’s just more time lost in the game as they won’t add on 10 mins of stoppage time each game.

Ever VAR didn't clear up that Llorente effort. I still say it hit his elbow and then his arse. Only a polygraph test could clear it up and I fear that would disrupt the flow of the game further. 

10 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

Ever VAR didn't clear up that Llorente effort. I still say it hit his elbow and then his arse. Only a polygraph test could clear it up and I fear that would disrupt the flow of the game further. 

I don't think it was a handball. You look at the position his hand/arm is in and it's in close to his body. The only way he could have avoided it is by having his arm in an unnatural position.  Add to that the fact that it's inconclusive whether it even hit his arm anyway...

1 person likes this