Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wayne Hennessey did not know what Nazi salute was

32 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

When he went down stairs on December 25th he was also unaware of the significance of the day and why his family had turned up for dinner.

I can't wait to see his face tonight when his wife turns the telly on. Wow what's that box with the pictures on it etc

Proof (if was needed) that most people inside football have a mental age of 12

Is that the best excuse he could have thought of? He could have said he was only following orders. 

1 person likes this

Lest we forget, our very own Prince Harry dressed in an SS Uniform for a fancy dress party and was seen giving a Nazi salute. He apparently didn't know he was doing anything wrong either???

3 hours ago, archietaylor7 said:

Lest we forget, our very own Prince Harry dressed in an SS Uniform for a fancy dress party and was seen giving a Nazi salute. He apparently didn't know he was doing anything wrong either???

His family are German to be fair.

4 people like this

7 minutes ago, Lammie said:

His family are German to be fair.

Controversial :lol: which family :shh:

2 people like this

10 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Good point!:D

Can anyone smell that? Goes with cow

On 17/04/2019, 21:15:13, Wilder Bollox said:

The Spencer family originally come from France, after the Norman conquest. Not sure about Hewitt?

3 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

The Spencer family originally come from France, after the Norman conquest. Not sure about Hewitt?

And our own Queen and the clan of Windsor are German. Saxe-Coburg Gotha their original name changed to Windsor only in 1917.

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

And our own Queen and the clan of Windsor are German. Saxe-Coburg Gotha their original name changed to Windsor only in 1917.

Most English people are descended from Danish and German stock, with these 5th century immigrants having founded the Kingdom of England after the Romans buggered off. The Celts were pushed to the fringes. So you're almost certainly as German as the Queen is.

5th Century immigrants coming over here taking our jobs.....

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Most English people are descended from Danish and German stock, with these 5th century immigrants having founded the Kingdom of England after the Romans buggered off. The Celts were pushed to the fringes. So you're almost certainly as German as the Queen is.

I am a Celt, still being pushed around too. I endure as I'm not a Snowflake like most.

1 person likes this

50 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

I am a Celt, still being pushed around too. I endure as I'm not a Snowflake like most.

The Celts originally came from the region we now know as Austria. So you're almost as German as the Queen :)

7 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

The Celts originally came from the region we now know as Austria. So you're almost as German as the Queen :)

Other Historians say the mid east agreeing with writings in the Declaration of Arbroath (1320). Sturgeon and her mates back then.

5 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Germanic but not German as the unified state didn't exist until 1871. I can confirm that I'm 65% Anglo Saxon. Bit disappointing really. I wanted to be something more exotic. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Hoddie said:

The Celts originally came from Spain.

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

The Celts originally came from Spain.

Nah, the Celts did reach Spain (or at least there are strong theories that they did, many of which are disputed) but it's mostly accepted that when we refer to Celts, as in the original tribe, we're talking about the same people that the Romans referred to as Gauls, and if we are to believe Roman scholars, the Gauls originated in the area of what we now call Austria. The Celt peoples of Ireland, Cornwall, parts of France, etc. can be directly traced to the Gauls, who were eventually expelled from their original homeland by the expansion of the Roman Empire.

Of course if you believe some people, we're all supposedly related to Atilla the Hun in some way due to the incredible number of children he supposedly fathered over the years.

Just now, Hoddie said:

Nah, the Celts did reach Spain (or at least there are strong theories that they did, many of which are disputed) but it's mostly accepted that when we refer to Celts, as in the original tribe, we're talking about the same people that the Romans referred to as Gauls, and if we are to believe Roman scholars, the Gauls originated in the area of what we now call Austria. The Celt peoples of Ireland, Cornwall, parts of France, etc. can be directly traced to the Gauls, who were eventually expelled from their original homeland by the expansion of the Roman Empire.

Of course if you believe some people, we're all supposedly related to Atilla the Hun in some way due to the incredible number of children he supposedly fathered over the years.

I know about the information above but Oxford University scientists have done new research which revealed DNA matches with Iberian fishermen. This goes back 6000 years and pre dates the migration to northern Europe. There's a piece in the Independent online.

2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Wasn't that Genghis Khan, or was Attila just as prolific?

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I know about the information above but Oxford University scientists have done new research which revealed DNA matches with Iberian fishermen. This goes back 6000 years and pre dates the migration to northern Europe. There's a piece in the Independent online.

Fair enough, it's certainly possible. Haven't come across that before. There is evidence of use of Celtic language in both Spain and Portugal so would seem reasonable, there never has been a satisfactory explanation for that - the competing theories were that some Gauls simply migrated towards the peninsula under pressure from Rome, or that some Celts ended up there from Britain much later after the Romans retreated.

16 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

Wasn't that Genghis Khan, or was Attila just as prolific?

Aye you're right, getting mixed up.

1 person likes this