Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hartlepool Game

6 posts in this topic

I'm kind of undecided as to whether to make the trip up to Hartlepool on Friday!!! Had Town won on Saturday I would most probably have been a definite?? But, and I'm not having a go at the lads, well not in a really bad way!!!! But it was pretty crap really. I wrote in a previous thread that I thought we could definitely win 3 out of the last 4 games, and the Bromley game was included in my 3??? By total contrast the 2 - 2 draw at Orient was almost the result of the season, the 2 - 2 draw with Bromley was poor. I actually thought they were the better team and deserved at least the draw. But to lead twice and throw it away yet again beggars belief!!!! Lessons not learned. And when the club is trying to promote itself then the team need to do better on the pitch. It was definitely two teams with nothing to play for and I think I'm right in saying that the Hartlepool game will be the same, albeit theres always been that bit of needle between us and them??? So all in all is it worth firing up the Cortina and begging some petrol money off Mrs T, one good thing is that If I do go then it will only cost me £9 to get in as they're concessions are for over 60's and not 65!!! Anyway, if you r going, then keep your eyes peeled for a Mark 1 Ford Cortina billowing bluey grey smoke out of the exhaust and give me a blast on the horn as you pass me!!! But keep your windows shut or wear a mask?????

2 people like this

6 hours ago, archietaylor7 said:

I'm kind of undecided as to whether to make the trip up to Hartlepool on Friday!!! Had Town won on Saturday I would most probably have been a definite?? But, and I'm not having a go at the lads, well not in a really bad way!!!! But it was pretty crap really. I wrote in a previous thread that I thought we could definitely win 3 out of the last 4 games, and the Bromley game was included in my 3??? By total contrast the 2 - 2 draw at Orient was almost the result of the season, the 2 - 2 draw with Bromley was poor. I actually thought they were the better team and deserved at least the draw. But to lead twice and throw it away yet again beggars belief!!!! Lessons not learned. And when the club is trying to promote itself then the team need to do better on the pitch. It was definitely two teams with nothing to play for and I think I'm right in saying that the Hartlepool game will be the same, albeit theres always been that bit of needle between us and them??? So all in all is it worth firing up the Cortina and begging some petrol money off Mrs T, one good thing is that If I do go then it will only cost me £9 to get in as they're concessions are for over 60's and not 65!!! Anyway, if you r going, then keep your eyes peeled for a Mark 1 Ford Cortina billowing bluey grey smoke out of the exhaust and give me a blast on the horn as you pass me!!! But keep your windows shut or wear a mask?????

It was a game that could have swung either way at the end. Rodney through on goal only keeper to beat and spoons it over the bar. Easier chance than the goal he scored. 3-1 would have killed the game.

Other end Johnson pulls off a two handed save in top corner to prevent a third Bromley goal.

Fine margins....thats football and thats why we love it.

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

It was a game that could have swung either way at the end. Rodney through on goal only keeper to beat and spoons it over the bar. Easier chance than the goal he scored. 3-1 would have killed the game.

Other end Johnson pulls off a two handed save in top corner to prevent a third Bromley goal.

Fine margins....thats football and thats why we love it.

Very good summary my friend

8 hours ago, archietaylor7 said:

Playing very well against the top seven and poor against the teams around us and below us has been the story of the season.

If we can turn some of those draws into wins next season then you never know. Let us all hope JF can sign players that can play in a more attacking formation.

JF is still in charge isn't he? With two draws in the last two games I would think he is.

;)

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Playing very well against the top seven and poor against the teams around us and below us has been the story of the season.

If we can turn some of those draws into wins next season then you never know. Let us all hope JF can sign players that can play in a more attacking formation.

JF is still in charge isn't he? With two draws in the last two games I would think he is.

;)

We should have a very good season 19/20 as long as we only play teams that are above us in the table :rolleyes:

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

We should have a very good season 19/20 as long as we only play teams that are above us in the table :rolleyes:

Last couple of seasons we mostly have:blink:

4 people like this