Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Alarming

37 posts in this topic

Just browsing the results pages and it shows we had the fourth lowest attendance yesterday. We got 87 more than Harrogate; 125 more than Solihull while relegated Braintree could manage just 331. There’s the real damage of a season of dross down The Shay. Look at yesterday - that’s JF, in his own words, preparing the team to play with the shackles off now that safety is assured. Heaven help us when he goes all defensive again.

To be fair, a dead rubber against a team making a 500 mile round trip is not going to attract the same attendance as teams with something more meaningful to play for. Looking at the crowd, it didn't even look anything like the official attendance. Keep your eyes peeled for season tickets chucked in bushes from various points of this season. 

Just now, Che Bentos said:

To be fair, a dead rubber against a team making a 500 mile round trip is not going to attract the same attendance as teams with something more meaningful to play for. Looking at the crowd, it didn't even look anything like the official attendance. Keep your eyes peeled for season tickets chucked in bushes from various points of this season. 

I was surprised at the declared crowd, more like 1000-1100 to me 

8 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

I was surprised at the declared crowd, more like 1000-1100 to me 

You can use the half time raffle prize index to calculate the crowd. Yesterday's prize was £202 which indicates an attendance of 1148. I've just made that up btw. 

2 people like this

45 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

You can use the half time raffle prize index to calculate the crowd. Yesterday's prize was £202 which indicates an attendance of 1148. I've just made that up btw. 

Bored already Mr B ? Half term has only just begun :)

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Che Bentos said:

I've just made that up btw. 

We worked that one out :lol:

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Trackingback said:

Just browsing the results pages and it shows we had the fourth lowest attendance yesterday. We got 87 more than Harrogate; 125 more than Solihull while relegated Braintree could manage just 331. There’s the real damage of a season of dross down The Shay. Look at yesterday - that’s JF, in his own words, preparing the team to play with the shackles off now that safety is assured. Heaven help us when he goes all defensive again.

Should be higher against wrexham

17 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Should be higher against wrexham

We will probably be out numbered.

59 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

We will probably be out numbered.

Can’t see them bringing too many , titles gone , just jostling for play off position, suprised and I pressed if bring more than 700 

Just now, Jmc said:

Can’t see them bringing too many , titles gone , just jostling for play off position, suprised and I pressed if bring more than 700 

I just cannot see us having many, I have been looking at attendances for the last 3 seasons and we must be in the region of 400 light this season and fear for the take up of season tickets (even at the fantastic price) until fans see an incoming of better players.

We would do well to shift 800 tickets but I don’t think paying customers will increase. The offer is attractive to regular fans but won’t attract new fans willing to part with £199. First, they have to attend a few matches watching a winning team play attractive football and there is no sign of that happening. The on the gate price still remains at a whopping £20. There will be more kids on free tickets so around 1,500 Halifax fans at home games next season.

yes the BOd got the pricing wrong last year gate prices and more importantly season tickets 

they have put that right but it will take take time to revisit the damage .. 

as to comments “will see who they sign before I decided whether to buy a season ticket” clearly not supporters and in the end people who think they know what talking about when they don’t 

like we know how players will do when we sign them, signing Gregory or vardy did make anybody rush out and buy a ticket ... 

just get off you bum and buy a ticket 

attendance is what I would expect end of season dead rubber... 

I was an absentee season ticket holder for yesterday's game as I'm away in freezing cold Whitby on holiday. Would i have been included the attendance even though I was not there? As a matter of interest i offered my ticket to several casual supporters and nobody wanted it, even mates who have had it before.

Wasn’t that many moons ago we had 3.000 on against clit hero on a Thursday night for a dead rubber , the horse has bolted 

1 hour ago, quizmaster said:

I was an absentee season ticket holder for yesterday's game as I'm away in freezing cold Whitby on holiday. Would i have been included the attendance even though I was not there? As a matter of interest i offered my ticket to several casual supporters and nobody wanted it, even mates who have had it before.

To be fair I recently turned down my mate's VIP Old Trafford season ticket as I couldn't be bothered driving there and back on a week night. 

32 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Wasn’t that many moons ago we had 3.000 on against clit hero on a Thursday night for a dead rubber , the horse has bolted 

When? 

45 minutes ago, Jmc said:

The one I can find, of town v clitheroe hardly 3000, in fact 1,932 for the match that sealed our promotion from unibond hardly a dead rubber either 

so which game are you talking about JMC? 

D274D66B-9D6D-429D-8FEE-614D19B850CB.jpe

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Nick said:

The one I can find, of town v clitheroe hardly 3000, in fact 1,932 for the match that sealed our promotion from unibond hardly a dead rubber either 

so which game are you talking about JMC? 

D274D66B-9D6D-429D-8FEE-614D19B850CB.jpe

This is correct. Last home game of the season in '08/09 saw about 900 come through the door vs. Trafford though, which actually was a dead rubber.

Sure it was clitheroe thurs night Simon Garner playing for them , title in the bag 2.900 there !!!

Or my memory playing up , mind you according to the official site our record attendance is 8.004 

I see fax only got 728 for their game Thurs night against London Broncos.

15 hours ago, Nick said:

yes the BOd got the pricing wrong last year gate prices and more importantly season tickets 

they have put that right but it will take take time to revisit the damage .. 

as to comments “will see who they sign before I decided whether to buy a season ticket” clearly not supporters and in the end people who think they know what talking about when they don’t 

like we know how players will do when we sign them, signing Gregory or vardy did make anybody rush out and buy a ticket ... 

just get off you bum and buy a ticket 

attendance is what I would expect end of season dead rubber... 

You are wrong Nick they are supporters and many have been for a long long time but unfortunately I believe that is what will happen. Every fan has their opinion on football some players they like more than others that does not make anyone right or wrong or if they have a different thought to you it does not make them any less of a supporter.

1 person likes this

42 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

You are wrong Nick they are supporters and many have been for a long long time but unfortunately I believe that is what will happen. Every fan has their opinion on football some players they like more than others that does not make anyone right or wrong or if they have a different thought to you it does not make them any less of a supporter.

Happy to be challenged 

my statement was over the conditionality of some .. I will only buy a season ticket if I like who we sign.. 

with the deal they are offering now everybody should be trying to buy a ticket.. 

the second point is some of our best players were unheard of players when we bought them and some of our worst were names who took the money but failed to perform 

thereby making a season ticket conditional on who we sign is not sensible 

buying g a season ticket should be about value and belief in supporting the club 

nick 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I see fax only got 728 for their game Thurs night against London Broncos.

Just read a certain Mr croad is back at the shay as footballing manager and straight out with the begging bowl to sign a former player.

Edited by crowtherjcbravo
1 person likes this