Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

14th April 1979 Halifax vs Huddersfield

19 posts in this topic

The Shaymen play host to neighbours Huddersfield Town, a game they lose 2-3

(Programme) 14-04-1979 Halifax Town 2-3 Huddersfield Town 1(Programme) 14-04-1979 Halifax Town 2-3 Huddersfield Town 2

1 person likes this

I remember the game well we lost 2-3 but we were probably beaten far more convincingly than the scoreline suggests both our goals came in the last couple of mins,I remember that season well it was probably one of the worst if not the worst in Halifax Town history also one of the coldest winters I can remember we didn’t finish our home games till the middle of May.

52 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

I remember the game well we lost 2-3 but we were probably beaten far more convincingly than the scoreline suggests both our goals came in the last couple of mins,I remember that season well it was probably one of the worst if not the worst in Halifax Town history also one of the coldest winters I can remember we didn’t finish our home games till the middle of May.

Yes, Town were bottom of the Fourth Division for almost the full season, but they drew me down at the beginning of March and I loved every minute of it. Kevin Johnson,  Bob Mountford,  Franny Firth, Mick Kennedy,  Geoff Hutt,  Tony Loska,  Chris Dunleavy,  heroes all.

4 people like this

The Winter of Discontent. Grim times. Bit like now. Merry Christmas! 

1 person likes this

On 14/04/2019, 06:14:37, Shaymen Stats said:

(Programme) 14-04-1979 Halifax Town 2-3 Huddersfield Town 5

Some cracking local derbies, Bradford City, Huddersfield Town, Rochdale and York City. Happy days, derby wise.

1 person likes this

Looking at that table there are only eight teams that are south of Brum unlike the predominantly Southern based league we play in at this level.