Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Well Done To The Lads

29 posts in this topic

I just wanted to throw in a big "Well Done" to all the lads for Saturdays result. I listened to it on the live commentary and it was nail biting stuff!!! Hell, if we could have just held on for that last 30 seconds it would have been the result of the season. Mind you, it was after last seasons 3 - 0 win at Orient that our season went pear shaped???? I remember going down to Dagenham on the Saturday and we were 2 - 0 down before you could blink!!! Eventually losing 3 - 1, so perhaps not winning on Saturday might not be a bad thing. But it was a great determined gritty performance on Saturday playing on the counter attack to great effect. We now have 4 games left and I genuinely believe that 3 of those games are winnable, so if the boys can raise themselves to the task, which we know they can, then we could finish the season on a really good high??? Come on Town.

4 people like this

4 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

I just wanted to throw in a big "Well Done" to all the lads for Saturdays result. I listened to it on the live commentary and it was nail biting stuff!!! Hell, if we could have just held on for that last 30 seconds it would have been the result of the season. Mind you, it was after last seasons 3 - 0 win at Orient that our season went pear shaped???? I remember going down to Dagenham on the Saturday and we were 2 - 0 down before you could blink!!! Eventually losing 3 - 1, so perhaps not winning on Saturday might not be a bad thing. But it was a great determined gritty performance on Saturday playing on the counter attack to great effect. We now have 4 games left and I genuinely believe that 3 of those games are winnable, so if the boys can raise themselves to the task, which we know they can, then we could finish the season on a really good high??? Come on Town.

I watched it on streaming from LO something I suggested to the club but told the facility would have been installed whilst they were in the league and it would be too expensive to set up. As you say archie(sicknote)taylor brilliant performance.

Where did the ref get 5 minutes of added on time from?

2 people like this

Thankfully he didn't decide to add on any more because they may even have gone on and scored again.

We have proved that we are more than capable of matching the big boys. If only we could have turned some of the draws into wins we would be up there. But lots to build on for next season. 

1 person likes this

Somebody wrote in one of the threads on Saturday that it appeared the referee was determined to let Orient get something from the game!!!! And that was before half time??

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

Somebody wrote in one of the threads on Saturday that it appeared the referee was determined to let Orient get something from the game!!!! And that was before half time??

Yep that was me but saying that they deserved their equaliser , Koroma looked excellent as did clay and the ginger wide man.

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Yep that was me but saying that they deserved their equaliser , Koroma looked excellent as did clay and the ginger wide man.

Yes, their wide men, Koroma and Brophy, were a handful all day, though they do both drop to the floor with little invitation. Clay has done well for them, considering his fairly inauspicious spell at The Shay a couple of years back. The referee gave some contentious yellows; the one on Berrett seemed harsh as he won the ball cleanly, whilst Dave’s was clearly a foul, though not necessarily a bookable offence, in my view. He gave some, missed others, and both sets of supporters were complaining. The biggest mystery was where he got five minutes added-on time from.

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Agree they did deserve it, but we had 2 or 3 chances to make it 3-1 and it would have been game over. 

Duku and Rodney missed sitters and as for Kossy with the 3 on1 overlap oh my 

Just now, Jmc said:

Duku and Rodney missed sitters and as for Kossy with the 3 on1 overlap oh my 

That was a great threaded pass for Duku by Cameron King. He seemed to lose his footing as he was about to pass it into the net, and ended up ballooning it over the bar.

Was a great performance 

shows what we are missing and what we need to keep 

great team effort, if we played with effort every game nobody would complain regardless of the result 

and to draw from 2-0 while disappointing it was impossible to believe that orient would not score ... anyway better than wolves losing the semi being 2-0 up and a little over ten minutes to play 

great job town ... just keep it up until the end of the season will add a few hundred on to the season ticket sales if you do 

nick 

1 person likes this

Just watched the action from Saturday on the Shaymen Player. Looked good, real threat on the counter attack!! My only comment would be (sorry)!! Kosys decision making on three occasions probably cost us. It's that clinical edge that just needs to sharpened. No doubting that Duku & Rodney are a real handful and if you have guys like them in your team then you've always got a chance. Sadly, Kosy wont be here next season, he'll be playing somewhere in and around Manchester!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Jmc said:

Mark Shaw ?

2 people like this

No that was Barnsey 

Posted (edited)

I am loving this “Positive thread!”

Saturday was a really good game to watch! Definitely well worth our battles to get there with parts of the Central Line closed.

The away fans got behind the team and it was great to see some “Returning away fans!”

Browny and The boys always applaud us at the end. 

Keep it up!

Edited by haldo
3 people like this

5 hours ago, archietaylor7 said:

Just watched the action from Saturday on the Shaymen Player. Looked good, real threat on the counter attack!! My only comment would be (sorry)!! Kosys decision making on three occasions probably cost us. It's that clinical edge that just needs to sharpened. No doubting that Duku & Rodney are a real handful and if you have guys like them in your team then you've always got a chance. Sadly, Kosy wont be here next season, he'll be playing somewhere in and around Manchester!!!!!!!!!!!

Chorley.... 

he won’t be at Salford especially if they are premoted .. serious squad upgrading will happen 

Nick

•  
  • 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default
  • Members
  • 1,581 posts
5 hours ago, archietaylor7 said:

Chorley.... 

he won’t be at Salford especially if they are premoted .. serious squad upgrading will happen 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'd be prepared to take money off ya on that one Nick!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Nick said:

Chorley.... 

Ive a hunch Kossy  will end up back at Stockport c .

Blueblood

•  
  • 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default
  • Members
  • 427 posts
11 minutes ago, Nick said:

Chorley.... 

Ive a hunch Kossy  will end up back at Stockport c .

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

They dont play in Red Blueblood

8 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

We have proved that we are more than capable of matching the big boys. If only we could have turned some of the draws into wins we would be up there. But lots to build on for next season. 

Shows what can be achieved when you add a little bit of quality.If Fullarton can add some gems for next season?We could have a very prosperous season.

He needs to be a bit more adventurous in his game plan as well.

1 person likes this

59 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Shows what can be achieved when you add a little bit of quality.If Fullarton can add some gems for next season?We could have a very prosperous season.

He needs to be a bit more adventurous in his game plan as well.

Here’s hoping. As long as we build on this season. And you never know with a bit of luck Wembley. Ok maybe I dreaming a bit now 

Well someone did say we play better against the bigger teams :D;)

Good to see a thread descend into positivity, just shows what a bit of positive action on the pitch breeds, well done Shaymen

All supporters want to see is a team giving it all 

we can all accept poor performance and losses... even relegation if we know the guys on the pitch gave 100 percent effort 

that’s the sense that has been missing at times this season... dire games where some players are giving it all .. some were not 

nick