Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Season Tickets

161 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Nick said:

Great offer but imagine will still be the same 800 or so who bought them 2 years ago , just we have entertaining on the field success to make the numbers up 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, chadders said:

Ha; indeed tho I  frequent Jenny's for a full English at home games.

Does her husband know?

40 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Great offer but imagine will still be the same 800 or so who bought them 2 years ago , just we have entertaining on the field success to make the numbers up 

Surely must be more than that, with them prices JMC? Why don't we set up a guess the season ticket sold by close of offer? say £2 a pop for each guess & 50% goes to winner 25% to charity & 25% to supporters club coffers.

Guess has to be in by last game of this season so those in the know cant cheat :shh: ehem. :huh:

Fantastic from the board! We don’t have a backer and Premier League income like Huddersfield to afford to give them away and Bradford will make a huge loss this season. But It’s a fantastic offer from the club especially for those who can’t make every game like me. I’ll be buying one and getting one for my nephew and I’ve not had one for years because I’d simply miss too many games to justify it. the board deserve massive credit for this. The year after Wembley we sold plenty at a good price, the football on offer this season and the large price increase has killed that. Hopefully this will kick start it again and a few good results will soon get a good atmosphere around the ground again.

3 people like this

I think now that there's been much more communication from the club to the fans, and the large reduction in the price I think they will sell more than last time. Such a shame that the football hasn't been great to watch this season. Otherwise we could have been looking at 1200. Although I think we will be around the 100 mark still.

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

I think now that there's been much more communication from the club to the fans, and the large reduction in the price I think they will sell more than last time. Such a shame that the football hasn't been great to watch this season. Otherwise we could have been looking at 1200. Although I think we will be around the 10000 mark still.

Edited:D for you Erik.

1 person likes this

Credit where credit is due to Titsworth & Co.

I’m intrigued as to the reason for the monumental change in season ticket pricing policy. For once it’s up to us lot now to put our money where are mouth is.

As a shift worker that can get to a maximum of 10-15 home games a season it’s even tempting for me, with the kids season ticket a Brucie Bonus.

If we can’t shift well over a thousand, even after the excruciating football on offer at times this season, then we have to concede apathy rules in this town of ours.

Heath Out.

Not like Dave to offer the fans a discount. Got a feeling that we might have a backer to subsidise this. 

31 minutes ago, shaystopper said:

Not like Dave to offer the fans a discount. Got a feeling that we might have a backer to subsidise this. 

Does it really matter

Says a lot about him as a business man. In my time as a supporter everything he has pushed has a financial edge about it. 

I'm in no panic MrB, I've got a summer to enjoy and STs will still be available when I'm sipping pink lemonade

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Trackingback said:

Meanwhile, Chesterfield have tonight announced their season ticket prices - and the fans ain't happy. £462 anyone?

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=65005&st=0

https://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/2019/april/20190402-season-ticket-details-announced/

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 23.39.28.png

It would be interesting to know how many concession +80 at £50 they sell.

Edited by born to moan

Still can't believe this hasn't been rescinded as an April fool's gag. It's too good.

For those wondering how the club is affording this- I think I can explain.
First, simply, the money lost in immediate gate income will be made back by the extra number of people who are brought along to the Shay by this offer. This is all about gaining back the supporters who may stay beyond the 19/20 season and contribute more than enough to compensate. One supporter gained will contribute a lot of money in a lifetime of following the Shaymen. 
The alternative is not doing this offer, having another unspectacular, maybe even a derisory season ticket offer and just plodding along using the same fans who have stuck through the worst of the worst and will stick through more of it. Things like this need to be done to break the cycle, even if they take a leap of faith.

One thing I will sya is, the Board will likely be ambitious to make their money back immediately. The pay on the day ticket prices remain unreasonably high, regardless fo seaosn ticket prices. This is a gamble that hangs on us pushing for the play-offs and promotion next season. Yes, this is unlikely. But who knows, with a fortress Shay atmosphere and a freakishly good summer you never know just how quickly the 'buzz' might get around town. If more people turn up as pay on the gate supporters the board has a positive hardcore, loyal fanbase and then people who will come to watch a winning team and part with their cash for it. You don't feel the sting of the £20 after matches like Solihull at home.

Frankly, any hope this club has of achieving the BoD and our goal of getting back to the football league is just sticking it out and hoping for that one anomaly of a season where we do far better than we should be entitled to do, like Macclesfield, even Lincoln City who are League One bound now after being lower mid-table mediocrities for a good 6/7 seasons.

I'm just feeling positive that this is an offer that reaches out to the fans, and we ought to repay that by spreading the word. Every bit of faith and positivity us fans show in this offer does our club some good, so do it. It's win win if we do our bit here.    

2 people like this

On 01/04/2019, 21:38:28, Nick said:

Chesterfields cheapest is £305 for an adult which is fine , no idea why I get the nick quote box ! 

This season typical Saturday match 7 of us go 6 adults and 1 juvenile  3 of us have season tickets 2 adult and 1 junvenile . With the offer for next season we will be buying 6 adult and 1 juvenile season tickets. 

Also 2 possibly 3 adults generally don't go to night matches usually through work/cost as they will have season tickets they will now be more likely to go to night games as well.

This is a win win situation well done the board

13 hours ago, Jmc said:

You could be right 

but hope that more people see the sense in the offer financially 

but more importantly see what the BOD are finally trying to do.. we have all be critical in some of the things they have done or more usually failed to have done 

well now they have really done what everybody wanted and nobody expected them to do .. so we are need to support this 

I really can’t see any reason why we can’t sell 1000 adult tickets and five hundred youth and junior tickets 

so let’s give it a real go 

nick 

3 of the season tickets were buying are for people who have not had a season ticket before.

1 hour ago, Jmc said:

Chesterfields cheapest is £305 for an adult which is fine , no idea why I get the nick quote box ! 

The nick quote box is empty 

thought that was you comment on my head :) 

Think of the other side to this 

if this leads to a bigger crowd .. then a better atmosphere.. more support will come through to the players on the pitch result will be turning draws into wins 

more points means better league position which will lead to better gates ..  

its a real attempt to take the club forward 

great job 

now buy that ticket 

3 people like this

4 hours ago, Jmc said:

It happens a lot to me too. I blame Steve Lumb. I'll ask Bubba to blow the cobwebs off him and give him a prod to see if he can sort the problem. I doubt it though 

5 hours ago, Nick said:

You could be right 

but hope that more people see the sense in the offer financially 

but more importantly see what the BOD are finally trying to do.. we have all be critical in some of the things they have done or more usually failed to have done 

well now they have really done what everybody wanted and nobody expected them to do .. so we are need to support this 

I really can’t see any reason why we can’t sell 1000 adult tickets and five hundred youth and junior tickets 

so let’s give it a real go 

nick 

Don't forget the 500 free tickets in schools. If we can really push 1,000 adult tickets. And 500 juniors. Tag on the free ticket holders. You can have a starting base of 2,000 per home game. Not accounting for away fans or on the gate fans. 

Like i said before this is an offer that really needs to be pushed around the town and at both remaining home games 

Totally agree 

Only going to get anywhere near those figures if it's matched on the field . People are going to invest in the STs, you'd be daft not to, but getting regular crowds of 2000 plus can only be achieved if we have a product worth watching

Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

Only going to get anywhere near those figures if it's matched on the field . People are going to invest in the STs, you'd be daft not to, but getting regular crowds of 2000 plus can only be achieved if we have a product worth watching

Once you've finished buying a ticket though you might as well attend. I've been battling with that thought process since december. I haven't wanted to attend a game since but i have attended them all because i had already paid for it.