Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

18 Clean Sheets

86 posts in this topic

What an absolutely magnificent achievement. Could have been 19 today if it wasn’t for the penalty. We have a fantastic base to build on for next season. Rock solid! 

Just now, quizmaster said:

God you are grindingly utterly boring JGN1. Just like a Fullarton game plan. 

So you don’t agree 18 clean sheets is a magnificent achievement? I’m sure Sam Johnson Matty Brown etc do. It’s all about mindset. You can look for the positives or you can sit with the losers and criticise everything. I can take a guess at which table you’re sitting at. 

Just now, johngrantsnumber1 said:

So you don’t agree 18 clean sheets is a magnificent achievement? I’m sure Sam Johnson Matty Brown etc do. It’s all about mindset. You can look for the positives or you can sit with the losers and criticise everything. I can take a guess at which table you’re sitting at. 

How positive is 35 goals?

Nothing positive about drawing so many, one point gained, two lost.

2 people like this

I used to travel all over Mexico, Central America and South America with my job. I used to stay in the Marumbi district of Sao Paulo. From my hotel window I used to love seeing the kids from the Favella's play football for hours with a rolled up ball of rags in bare feet on dried baked mud. Their skill, enthusiasm, utter joy and smiles on their faces were incredible and made me feel really humble. That is what football is all about - not someone preaching the virtues of bl@@dy clean sheets.

I’m sure it did. But 18 clean sheets is massively impressive. And I’m sure Matty Brown agrees. So for you to poo poo that achievement is disappointing 

26 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

What an absolutely magnificent achievement. Could have been 19 today if it wasn’t for the penalty. We have a fantastic base to build on for next season. Rock solid! 

I don't think I can take anymore of Fullarton's coaching buzz word bullsh@t or how we as a team do not entertain anymore.

Depressed,com!

1 person likes this

Sadly the reason for 18 clean sheets, with very little else to crow about is due to the manager being frightened at the prospect of losing his job, so thereby setting up not to lose and players sat too far back to go to win a game. He stated on his appointment that this was his last chance, having been sacked from Notts County. So he goes about his business bynot losing, with very little else. Which is rubbish to pay for and watch.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

For someone like you JGN1 with unbelievably low expectations for entertainment value in a game of football is disappointing. Never mind you can smuggly sit in the Shay stadium next season with sub 500 crowds and watch goalless draws. Are you a deluded masochist?

Edited by quizmaster
grammar
1 person likes this

For someone like you with unbelievably low expectations for entertainment value in a game of football is disappointing. Never mind you can smuggly sit in the Shay stadium next season with sub 500 crowds and watch goalless draws. Are you a deluded masochist?

I enjoy the defensive aspects of the game as well. There’s more to football than silky smooth Brazilian esque tippy tappy. I enjoy Sam Johnson’s incredible saves. I enjoy Matty Brown throwing his body on the line to block shots. Whether you like it or not, where we are, is decent. And we can build on that next season. 

How many times do we have to point out that a defence comprising on 7-9 players is bound to have a half-decent record. Let's see how good the defensive record is if/when a few of those defence-minded players are encouraged to try and actually win a game.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

How many times do we have to point out that a defence comprising on 7-9 players is bound to have a half-decent record. Let's see how good the defensive record is if/when a few of those defence-minded players are encouraged to try and actually win a game.

Bollocks. Nothing new there. If you witnessed the magnificent saves from Sam and the brave blocks from Matty first hand then you wouldn’t see fit to belittle their achievements. 

43 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

There you go once again trying to upset ALL the forum posters by referring to them as losers which is ironic because the overwhelming majority of them are asking the manager to adopt a more attacking style and win. Anyway, your superiority complex and constant trolling for arguement TS has gone beyond boring. I think it's time to ban you. Not for offering a different opinion. That is something fans expect at some point but it's the name calling and the arguing that takes over nearly every thread oh and your attempt to turn The Shay into a ground with you and a handful of other fans in it and no one else.

17 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

I enjoy the defensive aspects of the game as well. There’s more to football than silky smooth Brazilian esque tippy tappy. I enjoy Sam Johnson’s incredible saves. I enjoy Matty Brown throwing his body on the line to block shots. Whether you like it or not, where we are, is decent. And we can build on that next season. 

I too enjoy the virtues of good defensive performances, you are right in that JG. Unfortunately you are not right in your assumption that we will build on our defensive strengths with the current Manager at the helm next season. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

There you go once again trying to upset ALL the forum posters by referring to them as losers which is ironic because the overwhelming majority of them are asking the manager to adopt a more attacking style and win. Anyway, your superiority complex and constant trolling for arguement TS has gone beyond boring. I think it's time to ban you. Not for offering a different opinion. That is something fans expect at some point but it's the name calling and the arguing that takes over nearly every thread oh and your attempt to turn The Shay into a ground with you and a handful of other fans in it and no one else.

Erik. If you read the comment properly you will see I am referring to mindset. Stop taking offence for the sake of it. It’s a shame you don’t take the same stance with every forum user. Noddie called me something on the other thread. Or do you only apply it to me? Probably. Because you are either a) a bully or a complete dictator who wants everybody to subscribe to the same opinion as you. And why would I want there to be only 500 at The Shay. Utter rubbish. 

Edited by johngrantsnumber1

Just now, Macam blue said:

I too enjoy the virtues of good defensive performances, you are right in that JG. Unfortunately you are not right in your assumption that we will build on our defensive strengths with the current Manager at the helm next season. 

Hi Macam. Thanks for politely disagreeing without resorting to abuse. I do genuinely think we will build on this season with JF at the wheel. I guess we will find out next season. 

Yes, our defensive record is a magnificent achievement. Our failure to capitalise on our mean defence could be regarded as a missed opportunity. 

Just now, Che Bentos said:

Yes, our defensive record is a magnificent achievement. Our failure to capitalise on our mean defence could be regarded as a missed opportunity. 

Indeed. Here’s hoping we have the two lads up front next season and then who knows. Play offs? 

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Hi Macam. Thanks for politely disagreeing without resorting to abuse. I do genuinely think we will build on this season with JF at the wheel. I guess we will find out next season. 

I sincerely hope I am wrong, because it is obvious that he is going nowhere, but my instincts tell me he will be too set in his belief's in how football should be played that he will not adopt a different strategy. 

Here's hoping I am wrong.;)

8 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Don't you mean barometer or pyramid, or whatever glibness he come up with next.

35 goals in 40 games. 

15 or so home goals in 19 or so home games. 

We can all throw stats out there. 

Be fun for you next season watching those 0-0's coming in with the other 800 people 

5 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

:lol:

The minute you start posting on here after a game whether it be win or lose you abuse and make negative comments against people with a different opinion to yourself. The very first post you make.

The majority of the posters on this board have not only had to watch dire football, they have had to read your pathetic and childish arguements on this board. You then thank a decent poster for not resorting to abuse? Are you taking the piss? You do nothing but abuse and wind up posters on here. If I was a moderator you would be having a months rest from posting, I'll tell you that.

Have a different view your everyone else. That's fine. No problem with that. Keep your "losers" and other derogatory comments and lies to yourself. You are nothing but an internet troll. Time to grow up pal.

2 people like this

7 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

:lol:

The minute you start posting on here after a game whether it be win or lose you abuse and make negative comments against people with a different opinion to yourself. The very first post you make.

The majority of the posters on this board have not only had to watch dire football, they have had to read your pathetic and childish arguements on this board. You then thank a decent poster for not resorting to abuse? Are you taking the piss? You do nothing but abuse and wind up posters on here. If I was a moderator you would be having a months rest from posting, I'll tell you that.

Have a different view your everyone else. That's fine. No problem with that. Keep your "losers" and other derogatory comments and lies to yourself. You are nothing but an internet troll. Time to grow up pal.

Erik. Are you going to have a go at your bum chum Hoddie. His first post in a thread was to abuse me. 

I don’t care what you think of me. I think you’re a bully just like crowther who liked this post. As you only pinpoint certain users yet overlook others. 

You can’t handle a different opinion so you just repeatedly call me a troll. I think it’s time for you to grow up. We don’t have to all subscribe to the same boring negative opinion as you you Dictator. 

Carry on posting your waffle despite never going to the games. If you EXPECT the club to be chasing promotion then you and your non attending mates need to put your hands in your pockets. 

But silly me. You and your non attending mates prefer to just moan about everything on here and expect DB to put his hands in his pockets.