Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Maidenhead today

158 posts in this topic

Just now, Shaytrev said:

People are dying.............................from boredom.

I bet you weren’t bored against Solihull. Or was that a game we couldn’t get carried away with? 

I think JF has to go. Doubt he will because he’s expensive & has a 2 year contract. Managers have a responsibility to entertain but JF doesn’t get it. I can’t handle only 3 shots in 90 mins. It’s simply not acceptable. 

Just now, johngrantsnumber1 said:

I bet you weren’t bored against Solihull. Or was that a game we couldn’t get carried away with? 

Or Man Utd in the Watney Cup. As if that has anything to do with Today's game.

Just now, Richmond96 said:

I think JF has to go. Doubt he will because he’s expensive & has a 2 year contract. Managers have a responsibility to entertain but JF doesn’t get it. I can’t handle only 3 shots in 90 mins. It’s simply not acceptable. 

Especially when those three shots were from Maidenhead.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Dearest Erik, I’m merely offering a positive slant to the mainly negative ones. 

‘Normal fans who know about the game’. Is that you is it? The one that never goes? The people that know about the game are on the pitch. The ones that ‘think’ they know about the game play football manager and comment on here. 

1 hour ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

I was going to go to the game today. I mentioned it in a post earlier but I've not felt good again. That is why I didn't go. 

Apart from buying a season ticket, you are actually helping the club go backwards. You are focusing on a positive and ignoring all the negative. At the same time you are trying to deflect all the negative onto the fans. It has nothing to do with them. It's the manager and and his staff and players.

Football is a relatively easy game to understand. It gets a little more complicated the higher up you go but all in all its not rocket science. Deposited this, not every fan that pays through the gate is an expert or has much knowledge about the game and will attend because it's their hometown club etc etc. However, as I have mentioned above when I spoke about understanding the game is not rocket science, and given that football is our national sport and the lions share of the crowd will have played at some level, even if it's 5 a side or on the local park with their mates, the overwhelming majority of the crowd will have some knowledge of the game and a reasonable amount will have a pretty good knowledge of the game. Also, there will be the odd one or two ex professionals and semi professionals in the crowd as well as good local league players that have e played county standard and at a good standard in Halifax. Your rediculous suggestions and put downs of your own fans and your suggestion that football is some noble art form passed down to only a few deserving of the knowledge every year and so on and so forth. It's not fecking Jedi :lol:.

Anyway, stop trolling your own fans on here, and stop trying to use 3 of our best players, players who just about every fan on here look up to, are proud they play for our club and who have had fantastic seasons, against each other, you pathetic internet troll

Just now, Shaytrev said:

Or Man Utd in the Watney Cup. As if that has anything to do with Today's game.

But when you look back over the season I think we can all genuinely say 14th right thereabouts is decent and something to build on 

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

I was going to go to the game today. I mentioned it in a post earlier but I've not felt good again. That is why I didn't go. 

Apart from buying a season ticket, you are actually helping the club go backwards. You are focusing on a positive and ignoring all the negative. At the same time you are trying to deflect all the negative onto the fans. It has nothing to do with them. It's the manager and and his staff and players.

Football is a relatively easy game to understand. It gets a little more complicated the higher up you go but all in all its not rocket science. Deposited this, not every fan that pays through the gate is an expert or has much knowledge about the game and will attend because it's their hometown club etc etc. However, as I have mentioned above when I spoke about understanding the game is not rocket science, and given that football is our national sport and the lions share of the crowd will have played at some level, even if it's 5 a side or on the local park with their mates, the overwhelming majority of the crowd will have some knowledge of the game and a reasonable amount will have a pretty good knowledge of the game. Also, there will be the odd one or two ex professionals and semi professionals in the crowd as well as good local league players that have e played county standard and at a good standard in Halifax. Your rediculous suggestions and put downs of your own fans and your suggestion that football is some noble art form passed down to only a few deserving of the knowledge every year and so on and so forth. It's not fecking Jedi :lol:.

Anyway, stop trolling your own fans on here, and stop trying to use 3 of our best players, players who just about every fan on here look up to, are proud they play for our club and who have had fantastic seasons, against each other, you pathetic internet troll

Skipped past the bit where you didn’t pick up on Noddie being abusive towards me. 

Bully or Dictator. Take your pick 

This forum without JG#1 would be as boring as today's game (well almost anyway!). To quote French Renaissance philosopher Michel de Montaigne: "There is no conversation more boring than the one where everybody agrees."

4 people like this

3 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

So would you be happy with 20th and playing like Brazil? Or would you prefer 14th and being solid as a rock and difficult to break down? 

I think what most fans want or hope for is somewhere in-between. No fan wants us to let on loads of goals. Not one fan. But, no shots on target in 90 minutes is very poor. You know that full well and yet we are having to have this pointless discussion. EVERY single teams that walks onto a football field goes on their to win. Now, if Town were playing a top Premier League team in the FA Cup then yes, a draw would be a fantastic result and a big money spinner but the manager would still be holding for a win. A small Championship side that has been promoted to the Premier League but hasn't spent big on players could be forgiven for adopting those tactics in the first season. If it keeps them up and they receive the big telly money for another season then they would play with a more attacking approach after signing better players.

They are the ONLY positive examples of adopting this approach. No normal fan in his right mind would want to watch that style of football week in and week out and, at the same time, pay the highest ticket price too. It's madness. As a businessman, surely you can understand that this model is doomed to failure if it doesn't change.

The crux of this discussion is what next for next season? Is he going to go with the same negative approach as today or has he identified a midfielder or two that can pass a ball and defend and has he identified a midfielder who can receive the ball turn and pass to a forward and or dribble and shoot. Had he identified a replacement for Kosylo or are we doomed to play the same system over and over again.

Lots of questions and gobbledygook answers.

If he signs some good players on season long loans and tries to play like the team have up until Tuesday then the fans will be happy. The vast majority of fans realise you can't do it every game. But, if they do it for half the games over the season we are in with a chance.

Anyway, you know all this.

Went today and yes it was poor in fact awful but most games at this stage of the season are the same unless you have something to play for which we havn't. Maidenhead are not clear of relegation hence the slightly more desire from them although don't think it was a penalty.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

This forum without JG#1 would be as boring as today's game (well almost anyway!). To quote French Renaissance philosopher Michel de Montaigne: "There is no conversation more boring than the one where everybody agrees."

I agree.

1 person likes this

Went out last night with my wife to watch a Queen tribute band and the tickets were quite expensive.  Left at the interval because the sound was crap, the musicians just stood there and didn't show any interest and the singer couldn't hold  note.

Why did we leave at the interval, because the entertainment was crap and the band didn't show any enthusiasm.

Sound a bit like the football at the Shay.

Play like we have for the last two matches next season & the ground will be empty. The defence is the only plus & barring the excellent Clark was already here, therefore what has JF actually added, possibly King &...………………...Would I trust JF to build for next season based on this, probably not. He came in on an improve players billing I have seen none this.

19 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Thanks Che. They try and bully me into submission but I shall not surrender 

2 people like this

Halifax Today intro.

Town boss Jamie Fullarton felt his side’s 1-0 defeat at home to Maidenhead was one game too far for his side this week.

Aww, Bless him!

If he can't organise a team over a working week, he shows his inacquites as a 'manager'. Why didn't he get DB to reduce the admission, if he knew we'd be below par?

Sack the draw boring clown, ASAP.

Pyramids of boredom.

4 people like this

12 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Thanks Che. They try and bully me into submission but I shall not surrender 

Go away. Troll another set of fans.

7 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Go away. Troll another set of fans.

No I won’t you big bully. 

5 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

No I won’t you big bully. 

Oh dear. 

25 minutes ago, Caygillwashere said:

Pyramids of boredom.

Aren't they supporting Slipknot at Download this June? 

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Caygillwashere said:

The Krankies, I believe.

I believe that's Frankie Laine. 

After missing the last five games due to reaching for a can of paint in the garage and knackering my back hence seven visits to the osteopath so I could resume watching the team I have supported for the last 66 years. The sun was shining, the back pain had gone and was really looking forward to the game but that was before 3 00. The game was boring, lacked passion,the players did not look  interested or was it the tactics from our manager.This football this season is the worst I can remember and I can not see season tickets selling well as long as this manager is at the helm.The excuses from him will keep coming but at the end of the day and. I don't blame the players because the book stops with him but its never his fault.Never thought that I would say this but my visits to fortress shay, joke, will not be every game. I look forward to my Football but not to be bored for 90 mins and losing the will to live. Will he still be manager next season?     as Caygill said get rid now while we still have fans.

1 person likes this

On the old colour barometer think this one will rank as 50 shades of grey & if the points were not on the board pyramids of demotion. Think I was blind to any pressure from Town unfortunately. 

8 hours ago, Caygillwashere said:

Halifax Today intro.

Town boss Jamie Fullarton felt his side’s 1-0 defeat at home to Maidenhead was one game too far for his side this week.

Aww, Bless him!

If he can't organise a team over a working week, he shows his inacquites as a 'manager'. Why didn't he get DB to reduce the admission, if he knew we'd be below par?

Pyramids of boredom.

Excellent point. Haven't Maidenhead also played 3games this week? Didn't they have a long journey up today? Is the full time training getting too much for JFs lads? Are the 2x a week drives to Whitwood and his ultra repetitive training drills getting too much for his lads?

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Caygillwashere said:

Halifax Today intro.

Aww, Bless him!

Pyramids of boredom.

Absolute rubbish.

How did we know he would come up with that claptrap. 

The team never looked on it from the start, they were outmuscled, outthought, second to every loose ball and couldnt string two passes together.

King hasnt played a full game so he had no excuse.

Hanson was the only player to come out of that game with any credit. Even Clarke didnt have his best game.