Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Denton

41 posts in this topic

I know it is no point in looking back but Dents is showing his worth as a provider of goals and space at Chesterfield with his partner Scott. Good luck to him. He has even lost weight and found that extra bit of pace. Worth 80k?

18 minutes ago, Paul H Cleethorpes said:

I know it is no point in looking back but Dents is showing his worth as a provider of goals and space at Chesterfield with his partner Scott. Good luck to him. He has even lost weight and found that extra bit of pace. Worth 80k?

Depend whether you are buying or selling.:huh:

Denton’s best Football for us was when he had a strike partner and not as a lone striker,Denton and Morgan looked good for a while then Heath in his wisdom decided to just go with Denton as a lone Striker,I think Denton would have done ok with Southwell.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Paul H Cleethorpes said:

We lacked a tall forward partner for Boden when he played for us. He was crying out for someone in that mould.

Also, Chesterfield ha e a decent manager now who was also a decent player. He'll get the best out of that squad and they will be a title challenger next season.

Not a new series of 'Touch of Frost' then :doh:

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Wilder Bollox said:

That was my initial reaction, United we stand

35 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

And he has a lot more pace than our current front two 

Are you high? 

1 person likes this

Just now, Greggs said:

Are you high? 

No, he's a complete and utter fruit loop.

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

The very last thing anyone would say about Denton is "he's got more pace than" such and such 

1 person likes this

Just now, Greggs said:

The very last thing anyone would say about Denton is "he's got more pace than" such and such 

He likes to go against the grain and start an arguement. He's trolling for one at the moment.

He likes to go against the grain and start an arguement. He's trolling for one at the moment.

Isn't it nice to have yet another topic about someone elses player. Must be a good month since we had a good Denton topic. 

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Isn't it nice to have yet another topic about someone elses player. Must be a good month since we had a good Denton topic. 

I think it's due to his upturn in form after he'd been written off. 

To be fair, we've also had a mention for Mehki McLeod too, as he rapidly falls down the league's.

Edited by Erik Everhard

Denton was the worst centre forward who ever played for us. Only a blind man would pay money for him. Parked cars are faster. 

Just now, bill_atkins_is_king said:

Denton was the worst centre forward who ever played for us. Only a blind man would pay money for him. Parked cars are faster. 

Jamie Wood was worse than him, in my opinion. Tony Fyffe was a close run thing too. Also, how can we forget Hattersley? Definitely worse than Denton was The Hat.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I think it's due to his upturn in form after he'd been written off. 

To be fair, we've also had a mention for Mehki McLeod too, as he rapidly falls down the league's.

Upturn in form in what sense? . The goal he scored at the weekend was his first league goal in 12 games i think i heard. 

I find it quite concerning that many people simply can't get over him. He scored his goals. He did his job. He's a good conference north player. He's a bang average to poor National league striker

Time to move on 

5 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Upturn in form in what sense? . The goal he scored at the weekend was his first league goal in 12 games i think i heard. 

I find it quite concerning that many people simply can't get over him. He scored his goals. He did his job. He's a good conference north player. He's a bang average to poor National league striker

Time to move on 

Assists too perhaps? 

Assists too perhaps? 

Yes he has some of them lately. I still doubt if he will be at Chesterfield next season. If they want promotion they have to be looking for better 

33 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Yes he has some of them lately. I still doubt if he will be at Chesterfield next season. If they want promotion they have to be looking for better 

Perhaps but I suppose it will depend on how long his contract is. I think Sheridan will definitely bring in a better forward than Denton in the summer. They will only get half of their parachute payment next season but if they continue their recent form I expect they'll sell plenty of season tickets next season.

9 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

It’s called a joke. 

12 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

You cant go round 'touching' anything now!

With all the strange diseases about nowadays better to not touch anything, keep your hands in your pockets & risk funny looks:blink:

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, bill_atkins_is_king said:

We have 3 worse in the current squad ffs.

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, greygoose said:

We have 3 worse in the current squad ffs.

Yorkshire Premier League 1922 ...Hagerty F., Hagerty R., Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Dobson, Crapper, Dewhurst, MacIntyre, Treadmore, Denton

Made a big name for himself in his debut season

don't understand the fscination some have with Denton. Served his purpose in the pub league but I'd much prefer to see fast attacking forwards than what Denton was able to offer.