Dover game

174 posts in this topic

Anyone going? Takes me about the same amount of time as it does to get to The Shay and am really not sure, need motivation please

33 minutes ago, ShayW said:

Anyone going? Takes me about the same amount of time as it does to get to The Shay and am really not sure, need motivation please

If you go we will definitely win and we will win by two clear goals (my guess is 3-1.)

1 hour ago, ShayW said:

Oh yes, it’s the most winnable of all our remaining games.

Sure there will be 50-70 brave souls 

nick 

18 minutes ago, Nick said:

Sure there will be 50-70 brave souls 

nick 

Maybe a few more with the opportunity of a trip over to France before the mayhem begins.

3 hours ago, ShayW said:

My first game was Barnet since Aldershot and Maidstone. Can’t begin to put into words how much better we looked, especially with Rodney and Duku (yes, we played 2 strikers!). Would definitely recommend going if you can, it’s the first time I’ve looked forward to a game all season

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Maybe a few more with the opportunity of a trip over to France before the mayhem begins.

As an SDS fan always enjoyed a trip to the Crabble (with differing outcomes, anyone remember Jamie Paterson's powder puff scuffed effort that took a bobble and beat the keeper to provide a 1-0 win the year we won the conference?) but unfortunately can't make this one. Hope a few can make it, thought the 60 odd FCHT supporters did a great job Tue night at Barnet. Good luck to all those who do make it, I'll just have to wait to witness a thumping at Champions elect Leyton Orient,  unless.....

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

If you go we will definitely win and we will win by two clear goals (my guess is 3-1.)

Ah man, gonna have to go now. Mates in the pub trying to convince me to watch England win the 6 nations, town far more important. Will be there

2 people like this

That's the spirit. Keep the luck going.

Have a good one mate.

Just been offered free beer for the duration, still going

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, ShayW said:

Just been offered free beer for the duration, still going

Fantastic dedication. Tell him you'll be back later and he can buy you a few then. Decent compromise that. England are going to win anyway and they've already cocked it up for the Grand Slam so out of the two I'd choose Dover if I was you.

Edited by Erik Everhard

8 hours ago, ShayW said:

Ah man, gonna have to go now. Mates in the pub trying to convince me to watch England win the 6 nations, town far more important. Will be there

Love the six nations but it’s a grand slam or nothing 

nobody remembers who win the six nations they only remember a grand slam 

Winning the toss today might be useful with 50 mph winds forecast throughout the game. At least it is forecast to be dry!

1 hour ago, rdj said:

Winning the toss today might be useful with 50 mph winds forecast throughout the game. At least it is forecast to be dry!

I wish it was here. I must admit I'm fed up of the high winds and rain. Bring on some ruddy sun.

Posted (edited)

Just passing Stansted Airport dry but very windy. That's the weather not me btw.

Edited by chadders
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Been to watch Town at Dover once. It was a trip from pub not far from Acky Vics bowling club cant remember name. We went Friday night on overnight ferry to France, it was just before Christmas. Coach was filled with booze, it struggled to get up the hill out of Dover port. At match I had a go at Peter Wragg from behind dugout he said he was sick of Halifax fans and was resigning, he didn't. Jason Peake scored a cracking goal and if my memory serves me right we drew 1-1. Tiring but enjoyable outing saved me a fortune on Christmas booze. I'm sure someone will tell me what year it was.

Edited by born to moan

I wish it was here. I must admit I'm fed up of the high winds and rain. Bring on some ruddy sun.

Glorious sunshine here Erik been sunbathing for about 1 hour before it get too hot.

40 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Been to watch Town at Dover once. It was a trip from pub not far from Acky Vics bowling club cant remember name. We went Friday night on overnight ferry to France, it was just before Christmas. Coach was filled with booze, it struggled to get up the hill out of Dover port. At match I had a go at Peter Wragg from behind dugout he said he was sick of Halifax fans and was resigning, he didn't. Jason Peake scored a cracking goal and if my memory serves me right we drew 1-1. Tiring but enjoyable outing saved me a fortune on Christmas booze. I'm sure someone will tell me what year it was.

I have never made it to Dover ground, went once and going down the motorway someone decided to commit suicide and walked up into the traffic hit by the car in front then onto my car.

Glorious sunshine here Erik been sunbathing for about 1 hour before it get too hot.

1 person likes this

Respect to all fans who make the long journey. Hope it's worth it! 

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

What mayhem is that?

On the right side of the country for it today. Storm Gazza's giving a reyt beating to our rivers and becks at home. Hope everyone's keeping safe just in case.

4 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

On the right side of the country for it today. Storm Gazza's giving a reyt beating to our rivers and becks at home. Hope everyone's keeping safe just in case.

My garden backs onto Hebble Brook and it's nowhere near as high as Boxing Day 2015...

2 hours ago, born to moan said:

2 hours ago, chadders said:

Just passing Stansted Airport dry but very windy. That's the weather not me btw.

Steady 3 hour journey for you and Tom

1 person likes this