Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

North Ferriby

22 posts in this topic

Club have been wound up.

Debts of just £7200.

This is sad for the few genuine fans left over from the time before the Forsters arrived on the scene but theirs was a success built on deep pockets and was never going to end any other way. The story would be akin to Elland FC getting into the conference. When the new owners came in and scaled back the overspend It was simply never going to be sustainable through the local support. The club never managed to offer a long term option to those Hull fans disillusioned with the Allam tenure in the way that clubs such as Fylde and FCUM did. And lets face it, if Salford cintunue to grow and grow they will take more of the more fickle FCUM support.

1 person likes this

A shame for them, never seem to have recovered after we took Heath from them. Feel sorry for the fans, such a small debt and when you see how much other clubs get away with makes it seem so unfair. £7,000 in debt, most premier league players make more than that in less than a day.

1 person likes this

Always sad news when a football club folds.

Best wishes to their fans.

2 hours ago, riccardo259 said:

A shame for them, never seem to have recovered after we took Heath from them. Feel sorry for the fans, such a small debt and when you see how much other clubs get away with makes it seem so unfair. £7,000 in debt, most premier league players make more than that in less than a day.

That isn't a debt, it is an excuse. A poor one.

1 person likes this

Utterly barmy considering when we visited in the league back in 2011, the income from that one game would've made all the difference on a £7.6k debt.

They were destined to plummet once the money ran out, but it's quite the tale when their derby with Lincoln City two years ago turns into 68 places down the non-league ladder last week, and bust this week.

I'm afraid though, that it's the other side to the laissez-faire coin of the FA that allowed them, along with Rushden and so many others in the past, to prosper right until the money goes, and it always does. There are teams like Crawley and Solihull who represent big enough areas to cope OK at a higher level after the initial boost, but places crowded out with competition such as Hyde or Leigh, and villages like North Furby or Wesham, will live that way on borrowed time.

For what it's worth, credit to the Furby faithful who have stuck with them to the end, and to the club for giving us Heath, Carroll, Denton, Nicholson, King, Clarke, Hone etc without whom we may have gone nowhere ourselves in 2016. I'd take bouncing back in front of 7,000 spectators the next season, as the history books now boast, over any other roll of the dice.

1 person likes this

Yet, still some of our fans want the directors to pump money into our club. This is what happens. I feel sorry for NFU though. I had a soft spot for them

1 person likes this

If the BOD carry on as they are financially, then all this club will do is languish in the lower half of this division until one season we will end up going down. When that happens we will be at our true level. If you are happy with that then carry on. Some of us want the BOD to show some ambition for the club by making a small amount of investment to try and help the manager assemble a half decent squad capable of trying to challenge for a play off place. Noone is talking about throwing millions into the club or amounts that risk the long term security of the club.

Just now, Shaymen2008 said:

If the BOD carry on as they are financially, then all this club will do is languish in the lower half of this division until one season we will end up going down. When that happens we will be at our true level. If you are happy with that then carry on. Some of us want the BOD to show some ambition for the club by making a small amount of investment to try and help the manager assemble a half decent squad capable of trying to challenge for a play off place. Noone is talking about throwing millions into the club or amounts that risk the long term security of the club.

What is a small amount of investment? 

Put a number on it ? 

Some clubs in this league are having a million plus pumped in each year 

How about increasing the playing budget by say 20%? I don't know what amount the budget is but surely an increase in that would enable the manager to try and attract his first or second choice targets instead of the dregs that are left like it was rumoured he ended up with this season. As it has been quoted on here that our budget this season was in the bottom six then a 20% increase wouldn't be an astronomical figure would it?

You need some sort of FA Cup run every season to fund any reasonable managed investment, either that or sell a Jamie Vardy every two years

Or bring out a special edition FC Halifax Town Mini Clubman :lol:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

My sense is our player budget is in 500/600 per year about 60 percent of our total budget 

So you are saying 100,000 grand extra will do it ? 

to put into perspective I think the forward at Salford is on 5000 a week 250,000 a year  close to half of our budget on one player !!! 

Edited by Nick

48 minutes ago, Nick said:

My sense is our player budget is in 500/600 per year about 60 percent of our total budget 

to put into perspective I think the forward at Salford is on 5000 a week 250,000 a year  close to half of our budget on one player !!! 

Sense? Think? So all you have is supposition?

£250k for one player. And who's being the most ridiculous here? The people who believe that? Or the people who believe players like Vardy exist?

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

£250k for one player. And who's being the most ridiculous here? The people who believe that? Or the people who believe players like Vardy exist?

The player at Salford is on £4k a week. Both clubs and the player were open about how much the signing on fee was and his wages.

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Rooney is on £4k a week.

Just to put it into perspective, the BFG is on £1700 a week.

Crazy money at this level and it won't be long before one or two go pop if they don't go up next season. Chesterfield being one of them

Any club at this level paying £4/week for a player deserves to go bust. I imagine that's still quite high even for League One. Regardless, having a team full of highly-paid players can create more problems than it solves. If money did all the talking Salford would be top of the league not having lost a game. Clearly there's more to this football lark than throwing oodles of cash at it.

4 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Any club at this level paying £4/week for a player deserves to go bust. I imagine that's still quite high even for League One. Regardless, having a team full of highly-paid players can create more problems than it solves. If money did all the talking Salford would be top of the league not having lost a game. Clearly there's more to this football lark than throwing oodles of cash at it.

Definitely. Big pressure on Chesterfield next season, who will be fork out big money on wages and some on transfer fees too. They have a decent manager who I think they will back.

Also, on the subject of Chesterfield, our ex player Tom Denton is on £1700 a week. The market in our league is unsustainable unless you charge high admission prices, like Town or you have a board or chairman that will bankroll the club. It's getting like it was in the Football League when the old club were there in their last season. 

23 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Or bring out a special edition FC Halifax Town Mini Clubman :lol:

At Sandal BMW I think the Clubman is nicknamed the 'Helli'.

3 hours ago, Hoddie said:

The basis was I believed I read somewhere we were running a budget of around a million with about 60 percent allocated to players budget

as for My Salford memory I said I thought 5000 corrected to 4000 

So I stand corrected .. one club paying around 30 percent of our player budget on one player. 

As to what BFG earns now is probably above what we paid him as a part-time player .. but our level it still crazy 

Posted (edited)

On 15/03/2019, 16:48:49, Shaytrev said:

That isn't a debt, it is an excuse. A poor one.

I was talking to a couple of NFU fans at a NCEL game on Saturday. They said much more was owed. Apparently, there are two separate bids to set up a phoenix club at Grange Lane. It's owned by North Ferriby Parish Council, which is keen to see football continue there. One bidder is prepared to put in decent money. I was told the new club will drop two steps in the pyramid (one, on top of the relegation that was coming).

Edited by Gennoe Gloves