Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Shaymen.net

28 posts in this topic

This site is crazy.. im no good at grammar and im really embarrassed about it..And when i come on here and get ridiculed it really hurts my feelings and makes me afraid to post..We as Town fans should all be as one but all we seem to get on here now is people arguing..Yes people have different opinions but thats life..Ive been a town fan for nearly 40 years and love my club and ive never had a second club its just the shaymen loud n proud..Yes i know its nowt to be proud of but on a few occasions when a town fan i dont even know as been attacked for putting a flag up in a pub in Stalybridge me n my mates went and confronted these bullies and believe me they got a big shock apparently they were man u fans but they had bloody baseball bats with nails in it was crazy but we stood our ground..Lancaster another time i enterered the ground and fans i know young and old came up to me saying they are getting spat at n intimidated so me and the lads i were with gave them a lesson...yes i know it is nothing to be proud of but what you supposed to do just take it..No i dont think so we are town and we all stand together..i have never ever encouraged anyone to have a row i try tell them stay out of bother coz i care and know a jail sentence is a likely outcome and thats it lost ya job banned and made out to be a yob..Chorley away i couldnt believe it walking up to the ground was a pub with chorley fans waiting for a do..These chorley fans were grown men and i was with my mate and his mrs but our youth were behind us..next thing the big n hard chorley fans started throwing glasses at us..i saw Booey he said he n his mates had been spat at etc..So our Youth went for it i was amazed and actually proud of them because those grown men got done in by our young uns..like i say its nowt to be proud of its Unity..Why cant this board be more friendly instead of everyone arguing over stupid stuff ..Right im ready to be lambasted bring it on..Keith FC Halifax Town fan

1 person likes this

Most people here are very friendly, it's just like having a chat in a pub for most people. Some fools push their nonsense too far and get called out, and some (including me) do throw out some mild banter and insults, but it's only what you'd expect amongst casual acquaintances.

I don't condone violence at or because of football - in fact I think those that go looking for it are imbeciles. But if it's a case of standing your ground or protecting yourself or others, it's entirely understandable.

2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Most people here are very friendly, it's just like having a chat in a pub for most people. Some fools push their nonsense too far and get called out, and some (including me) do throw out some mild banter and insults, but it's only what you'd expect amongst casual acquaintances.

I don't condone violence at or because of football - in fact I think those that go looking for it are imbeciles. But if it's a case of standing your ground or protecting yourself or others, it's entirely understandable.

Thats the one Hoddie Thats all you can do..I know we have some idiots who do want trouble well i will give them a swerve and stay away from them..Cheers for ya post

3 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Hey hoddie, you’ve sown the seed let’s do it I’d love that ,  fellow town fans that like a chat  meet in a pub and have a chin  wag what about it ??

Great idea, i want a seat next to trev!

1 person likes this

**** me as soon as the intros are over theyed be fighting in lumps ! I suggest a meet up in the Grayston  this sat 5.00 for a Shaymen.net meet and greet 

52 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Great idea, i want a seat next to trev!

Will you be the first shaymen.net wedding? 

1 person likes this

A Shaymen.net convention would probably be more entertaining than a football game and in the absence of a pitch to play Solihull on, may I suggest a .net battle royale between the shaymen.net and solihull.net . This could be the first National League virtual game . Scot would of course have the honour of Head Coach and the task of picking the best possible first 11

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

There will never be unity on this board. Never. 

I disagree

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I disagree

I agree with you Bollox, JGN1 is wrong. There you go let unity begin. 

PS. As long as I don't have to agree with awaydays.

Edited by born to moan

7 hours ago, Blueblood said:

Hey hoddie, you’ve sown the seed let’s do it I’d love that ,  fellow town fans that like a chat  meet in a pub and have a chin  wag what about it ??

Oh look, an imbecile.

7 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

There will never be unity on this board. Never. 

There is unity. We all are here for the same common purpose. We just have different opinions which is pretty normal in life.

3 people like this

8 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Scot would of course have the honour of Head Coach and the task of picking the best possible first 11

The blind faith shown in our darkest hour always lead me to believe that Scot was JF!

Shaymen.net is a broad church. How dull would it be if we all agreed with each other all of the time. 

19 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Shaymen.net is a broad church. How dull would it be if we all agreed with each other all of the time. 

Well, you say that,but.............

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Will you be the first shaymen.net wedding? 

OMG.....I'm off to choose flowers now!

I bought my first internet ready PC from Time computers in the mid nineties. The first of our current posters that I came across was Shaymen down under. John set up a conference chat room on a Sunday afternoon, maybe somebody could do something similar?

9 hours ago, born to moan said:

I agree with you Bollox, JGN1 is wrong. There you go let unity begin. 

PS. As long as I don't have to agree with awaydays.

Who do you think keeps breaking wind?

25 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Who do you think keeps breaking wind?

Mr. chadders. Image result for free emoji of man squeezing nose

2 people like this

As a child of the sixties I love everyone:wub:

the club as lost its identity i feel..We havent had anyone for a few years who seem to actually give a shite..Scott Mc the last of a fine crop of players we had..Right maybe one or two of the ones now but thats about it..We were spoilt with our previous team members and they loved us and the club Danny Holland with his dodgy knees always gave 100% the list is endless..why arent our walls adorned with pictures of our triumphs..Why give rookie managers over 2 year deals and moan about the price of a suit for our date at wembley..So much more could be done quite easily if people worked together..Publishing next seasons kit already..ok after previous disasters regarding merchandise people probably dont mind that..Is it on sale yet and is it to get money in the coffers early i dont get it...We cant have much more money left from tv transfers etc..Does anyone know if we make money apart from paying off duds..Are we self sufficent can we survive on 1200 and for how long..because i cant see these bods sticking their own money in for long..Even lifelong fans have had enough...So summats not right and i wish i could put it back together again.. so lets hope we stay up and who knows what the future may bring hopefully not the likes of some of the poorest full time players ever to grace the club..Tommy Ten Men what a guy..Deano..Si Garner..Hedgey..i liked Phelan but others didnt..Mark Bower..Liam Hogan..Even scott metcalfe put a shift in..The likes of seddon.. boden..Kingsley james..didnt give a toss imo..Ive just seen a list of non leagues future stars and some of the teams these prospects play for are way below are level surely we could poach some of them..God knows how the scouting is been run but theyve dropped us some clangers or was it the managers choice..I watched mcleod on youtube and were really impressed plenty of pace running and skinning players and scoring good goals too..But to not even give the lad a chance was disgusting..i may be wrong and it might of been of the field matters..did he come with a glowing reference from wherever he came from..Hanson whats happened from player of the month in succession to not been even on the bench is a funny one..So life goes on and we will see what the future may hold..If we had goalscoring mids and strikers who can score i think we could of pissed this league because its at its poorest and the teams going down and coming up are much more bigger than us fan base moneymen etc.. And i dont think it will be as easy next season so we really are gonna have to step up..I watched brighouse on sat only the highlights and the pitch looked fine..ok rugby hasnt been played on it but we are a  pro outfit.. But profesional we are not in many ways..Come On Shaymen make us proud again skipping home with pyramids of emotion..

On 14/03/2019, 23:14:11, Jmc said:

**** me as soon as the intros are over theyed be fighting in lumps ! I suggest a meet up in the Grayston  this sat 5.00 for a Shaymen.net meet and greet 

Lets hope we can beat these lot..They have something to play for..So im expecting them to fancy themselves against us..cant see them bringin many which is a shame..Need to keep Osborne under wraps or he will destroy us...Come On Shaymen

1 person likes this

Osborne is suspended.

Doesn't make the game any easier mind. 

Solihull, Orient, Wrexham & Fylde all to play, we might have a part to play in who finishes top.

On 15/03/2019, 07:51:49, Grayski said:

The blind faith shown in our darkest hour always lead me to believe that Scot was JF!

Even when he posts during a game?